Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is behind the windscreen. It is on the bottom at the driverside. Do you know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
      It is behind the windscreen. It is on the bottom at the driverside. Do you know what I mean?
      http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno....html#post9570

There you can see where it is (driverside under the whiper)
      Last edited by F Spider; 07-02-2022, 14:55.

Comment

I am still not sure, but I believe that not all Spykers have the VIN plate visible behind the front windscreen. I know that it is mandatory for the US market, to enable police enforcement to track a car easily. Just don't know whether Spyker puts this plate on by default on all cars, or only on those going to the States.
        Last edited by F Spider; 07-02-2022, 14:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
          I've seen this numberplate before...
          ...http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...lack-rubi.html (3rd picture of post #1)
          So what are you saying......

Comment

I believe they put them there by default, this makes production a lot easier
            Maybe they are only not there on the really early cars (before they knew the US rules). A lot of brands also use a visible VIN's in Europe. I know that Ford, Aston Martin, Jaguar and Citroen do this. And I guess a lot of other manufacturers also.

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
              I've seen this numberplate before...
              ...http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...lack-rubi.html (3rd picture of post #1)
              So if I understand correctly it isn't the "Auto Motor Und Sport car" then?

PS. very nice nics... Thx for posting!!
              Niels

Comment

JoeD, why not?

Comment

@JoeD, why not?
                  Because of the numberplate and supercharger I thought it possible that the Double 12 with the black rims would be the #059 car.

But it seems numberplates are personal and not (as in Holland) per car. So I guess I assumed wrong...

Does this than say that the owner of #059 does now own a same supercharged Double 12 with only other rims and interiorcolor?

Niels

Comment

Or he sold #059 (with red interior) and bought a new Double12 "Unique Edition" with an orange interior and black rims.

Comment

I'm leaving the option open that it is #059 with a fresh interior. When adding the MTM package, couldn't one choose for the real-deal, meaning installing much more bits and stripping the car? If so, then adding a new interior might not be such a hassle anymore.

Comment

bucciali, #059 already had a MTM supercharger

And why put a new interior in it? That is very expensive in my opinion. Also the badges are now different on the car. His old car (#059) had C8 Double12 Supercharger badges and the new car has only the C8 Double12 badge. Why leave that special badge away when you 'refresh' your car? It looks to me as though that is a badge you are proud of because it makes your car more special.

Comment

@bucciali, #059 already had a MTM supercharger

And why put a new interior in it? That is very expensive in my opinion. Also the badges are now different on the car. His old car (#059) had C8 Double12 Supercharger badges and the new car has only the C8 Double12 badge. Why leave that special badge away when you 'refresh' your car? It looks to me as though that is a badge you are proud of because it makes your car more special.
                          True, true. The only odd thing I find is that this chassis comes out only now. I guess that Spyker had a chassis left, that they never finished?

Comment

I updated the Double 12 thread and included this (http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...ch-plates.html) new found Double 12 !

I hope we do not find another new Double 12 because the second post of the Double 12 thread is now exactly 15,000 characters long, the maximum amount for one post
                            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I think it's time for a Double 12 update:

Forum member shanghai provided the complete VIN number of the Double 12 with the La Turbie looks: XL9GB14J05Z363068, which means my theory of this Double 12 being derived from the La Turbie prototype was not correct...

The complete VIN number of #200 was also provided by forum member shanghai: XL9BA12G87Z363200

I found out that the Double 12 that featured in the Auto, Motor und Sport article is in fact, as some forum members allready predicted, #059.

I updated the Double 12 thread accordingly.
                              Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...ch-plates.html

Aren't the colors of this car: Gold/Black Tan?

Comment

Working...
                                X