No announcement yet.

Watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I buy one a year, usually each May or June. So look for a new installment in 6 months or so. And, I'll update the pictures with the Graham. They had to replace the balance spring and bridge. No reason why those parts were faulty, but I have word that I should have it back on Friday. I had to have the Breitling rebuilt when I first got it, too, so I guess it is not uncommon. It was a quick fit for a mass production brand like Breitling. For Graham, the British Masters had to fashion a new bridge and hand engrave it.

Comment

I still have a rare Breitling that needs some factory attention.

I'll try to find a picture.
      Rijk

Comment

Nice collection Basokolow.

Here is mine…I have to admit that two are bought at the beach and were a bit cheap …bad spend money sinds I never wear the “beach watches”..
        Attached Files

Comment

Is that an IWC next to the Panerai? Beauty. Invicta on the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
            Is that an IWC next to the Panerai? Beauty. Invicta on the end?
            It’s indeed an IWC. The watch on the end is a TW-Steel.

Comment

Very cool indeed.

Comment

Nice watches and collections, gentlemen!

My Skagen watch can't really beat that. At least not in price
                But the (Danish) design features, black strap, black casing, black & square dial make that I like putting it on in the morning.

I'll start my collection (2 and more is a collection, no? ) with a Panerai. They are so nice.
                Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                  It’s indeed an IWC. The watch on the end is a TW-Steel.
                  IWC's are very classy. I love their designs.
                  Rijk

Comment

MeisterSinger

A watch that is on top of my wish list is the relatively new German brand MeisterSinger. I like the “less is more” feel and look of these watches. It’s only possible to read the watch with a five-minute precision. Wearing a MeisterSinger you have to be very relaxed…I can use that attitude some times .
                    Attached Files

Comment

very clean design. Sapphire crystal on back is a favorite. Almost all of mine have that. I love to see the movements.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                        IWC's are very classy. I love their designs.
                        If you like IWC and also like a Dutch brand …maybe this is the watch for you.

The story behind this brand is somewhat similar to the story behind the start of Lamborghini.

Wybe van der Gang, factory owner producing high technology instruments used in the space industry and in medical equipment, could not find a watch that was finished with the precision and craftsmanship he is used to. So he started to make his own watches. Making advantage of all the high precision machine tools he has he started the company. The cases for example are carved from one solid piece of special, unscratchable steel. (the movements are Valjoux 7751 automatic chronographs) Van der Gang Watches
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I think you just cost me some money Rijk...that is a great one. I am also quite interested in the steampunk style from Vianney Halter, and the great designs coming out of Greubel Forsey. It is truly an embarrassment of riches in the watch world these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                            Oh, I think you just cost me some money Rijk...that is a great one. I am also quite interested in the steampunk style from Vianney Halter, and the great designs coming out of Greubel Forsey. It is truly an embarrassment of riches in the watch world these days.
                            You mean Wouter, not Rijk, I think
                            Rijk

Comment

Oh, right. Need to blame Wouter

Comment

I found a picture of the Breitling (on the right).
                                Attached Files
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X