Factory visit 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory visit 2011

Time to start thinking about the 2011 factory visit.

The big difference will be that this will be the first one to Coventry, GB.

Visiting CPP last year was very exciting, I guess it will be more so this year.
    Rijk

I spoke to Hans (SpykerOwner), and we picked two possible weeks for the vist. Week 26 and 37. Please add your name to the list.

Week 26

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
    2. Rijk (#107)

Week 37

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
    2. Rijk (#107)
    Rijk

Comment

Week 26

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
      2. Rijk (#107)
      3. Boris (Reddingius)

Week 37

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
      2. Rijk (#107)
      3. Boris (Reddingius)

Comment

They way it's looking now I sure can't be there in week 26, but I (most likely) can in week 37. There's no way I'd want to miss this. We could do a small roadtrip with the people that will be coming in from mainland Europe .

Week 26

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
        2. Rijk (#107)
        3. Boris (Reddingius)

Week 37

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
        2. Rijk (#107)
        3. Boris (Reddingius)
        4. Ingmar (IVR007)
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Week 26

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
          2. Rijk (#107)
          3. Boris (Reddingius)
          4. amzamz (#045), prefer beginning of the week

Week 37

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
          2. Rijk (#107)
          3. Boris (Reddingius)
          4. Ingmar (IVR007)
          5. amzamz (#045), prefer end of the week

Comment

Week 26

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
            2. Rijk (#107)
            3. Boris (Reddingius)

Week 37

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
            2. Rijk (#107)
            3. Boris (Reddingius)
            4. Ingmar (IVR007)
            6. Stephan (Laviolette GT2R)
            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I would like to come whichever date it is but I do need as much warning as possible to be sure of getting the day off work.

Week 26

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
              2. Rijk (#107)
              3. Boris (Reddingius)
              5, Fiona

Week 37

1. Hans (SpykerOwner)
              2. Rijk (#107)
              3. Boris (Reddingius)
              4. Ingmar (IVR007)
              6. Stephan (Laviolette GT2R)
              7. Fiona

Comment

Originally posted by fiona View Post
                I would like to come whichever date it is but I do need as much warning as possible to be sure of getting the day off work.
                We'll pick a date as soon as possible.
                Rijk

Comment

Fiona, we urgently need Spyker fans in the Coventry area! Fans with lots of time to stroll around with a camera in their hands... As we did in Zeewolde. We should not miss the first few test rides of Ailerons!!! How do we do that? :

Comment

I've posted a request on the midlands section of the Pistonheads forum, the largest motoring forum in the UK, will keep you posted. I'll also put something on the Petrolhead Nirvana forum.

Comment

Originally posted by fiona View Post
                      I've posted a request on the midlands section of the Pistonheads forum, the largest motoring forum in the UK, will keep you posted. I'll also put something on the Petrolhead Nirvana forum.
                      Fiona,

We have to be careful not to get a deluge of visitors. Depending on how many people would be interested, I think that it might have to be retricted to active SpykerOwner enthusiasts and Spyker owners.
                      Last edited by F Spider; 23-02-2011, 16:45.
                      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                        Fiona,

We have to be careful not to get a deluge of visitors. Depending on how many people would be interested, I think that it maight have to be retricted to active SpykerOwner enthusiasts and Spyker owners.
                        I fully understand. I would NOT invite them for the factory tour, either... but still, it is nice to see that little boy taking pictures of exciting cars and posting them on the internet. Many examples you can find on car spotter sites!

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                          but still, it is nice to see that little boy taking pictures of exciting cars and posting them on the internet. Many examples you can find on car spotter sites!
                          Indeed: it's thanks to those boys that we've discovered many Spykers from around the world while sitting behind a computer
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                            Fiona,

We have to be careful not to get a deluge of visitors. Depending on how many people would be interested, I think that it might have to be retricted to active SpykerOwner enthusiasts and Spyker owners.
                            Absolutely, I wasn't refering to the factory tour at all, rather to Andreas suggestion that we need to find people in the Coventry area to look out for the new cars coming out.
                            Haven't even mentioned the factory tour and wouldn't, just asked in the midlands section if anyone in the coventry area have spotted any yet.....no response, the Spyker isn't a well known car in the Uk, even on Pistonheads it seems!

Comment

... that will change in the near future! There will be Aileron test mules, company demonstrators, customer cars and dealer deliveries flooding the Coventry area, I would assume. I am not sure where these cars can be tested or shown to customers at speed. Is there a race track nearby, Fiona? Would cars from Coventry be shipped from Heathrow to the rest of the world? Or which airport is the likely one? Perhaps, some assembled Ailerons will end up in Zeewolde for customer rides there...?

Another interesting question is, will the race car development stay in Zeewolde? Even for the Aileron GT2R 2012? I am not sure that makes a lot of sense, but who knows... Let's keep our eyes open, and hope for some teenage help, haha! It seems to get interesting again soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X