#901 - C8 Aileron Prototype (mule)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #901 - C8 Aileron Prototype (mule)

Here are some spyshots from a testmule for the C8 Aileron. The pictures were taken close to the factory.

Source: AUTOGESPOT - Spyshots Spyker C8 Aileron, 2008-04-23 12:08:58

It looks like they used some bodyparts of the #009 C8 Double12 R! Look at the engine cover and the rear wheelarches!

Comment

I thought that the Aileron was getting a wider track in the front, but on this car I only see a wider track in the back.
      Rijk

Comment

i think it's better that the front will also get wider for the improvement of the handling and also for the looks
        The old car is too small on the front, i think .
        Louis

Comment

Interesting - thanks for posting

Comment

And the mule is spotted again, this time by forum mermber pterps! As you can see the parts of the C8 Double12 R are gone and the rear fenders are wider. But there are 2 nice race stripes on the nose

Source: AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie

Comment

Good to see you already found them AX, here are the highres versions for some more details

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...rps_012aan.jpg
              http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...rps_016aan.jpg
              http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...rps_013aan.jpg

Peter
              Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
              Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Shame on you Peter! Why didn't you show them here first

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                  Shame on you Peter! Why didn't you show them here first
                  I am sorry mate, I guess it was due to lack of sleep after a trip to Italy last week
                  Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                  Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Some new spypics:

And a quote from somebody who says he is working for Spyker:

Spyker is using this mule on a regular basis to perform tests. And it is on the dyno every day to get as much power out of it as possible.

Comment

soft top

... this is a new kind of roof! On my car, I have a soft top which extends to the back more. Is it a convertible top? Any signs of a convertible top would greatly improve the attractiveness. Right now, I have to guess the weather for the coming 2 weeks between London and North Norway! Alternatively, I can take twice the time for it and spend rainy days in pubs along the way!

Why are all the Spyker roofs (hard and soft) so ugly? I am not sure whether the car is so very beautiful that any roof may appear wrong on it...

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                        ... this is a new kind of roof! On my car, I have a soft top which extends to the back more. Is it a convertible top? Any signs of a convertible top would greatly improve the attractiveness. Right now, I have to guess the weather for the coming 2 weeks between London and North Norway! Alternatively, I can take twice the time for it and spend rainy days in pubs along the way!

Why are all the Spyker roofs (hard and soft) so ugly? I am not sure whether the car is so very beautiful that any roof may appear wrong on it...
                        I think your right. They are not so beautiful because i think they don't have an aerodynamic look. It interrupts the aerodynamic look on he car. I hope that they improve that for the aileron.
                        Louis

Comment

Anyone know why the rear end extends so much further? What is being housed there? Anything extra?

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
                            Anyone know why the rear end extends so much further? What is being housed there? Anything extra?
                            Three reasons basically:
                            1) to be able to fit a proper top for the convertible
                            2) to be able to fit the new - optional - automatic transmission
                            3) to improve handling

Comment

@amzamz, I guess you have the 'old' soft top. Which Spyker used in the beginning. Later they changed it into the one you see in these pictures.

The new C8 Aileron Spyder will get a nice electrical operated soft top.

The 'old' soft top

The 'new' soft top

Comment

Working...
                              X