07 C8 Steering wheel Swap with 09??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 C8 Steering wheel Swap with 09??

I have a client with a 2007 C8 Laviolette. He wants to to have the 2009 steering wheel installed. Does anyone know if this is possible & are there any issues that one may come across when doing the swap?? Thanks for the info.

The 2007 steering wheel has no airbag and the 2009 steering does have one. Don't know if you can retrofit an airbag. Must be quite some work.

Comment

Originally posted by rhyno View Post
      I have been in touch with the factory engineers and it is to costly to retrofit a airbag steering wheel into the older cars.
      You should send forum member rhyno a p.m. he knows obviously more about this subject
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I believe that it can be done, it is however labor intensive. Have them contact Vinny Russo (After Sales Manager) if they would like more specifics.

Comment

It has taken almost a year to get this anwser but I have just got the news that Yes it can be done! It is time consuming and costly but can be done. I do not know how much it will cost yet but Vinny should be able to tell us.

Vinny can you let us know? If not on here can you PM me?

Thanks
          Ryan

Comment

you guys are going the wrong way... you need to install the 2004/2005 wheel... =)

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
              The 2007 steering wheel has no airbag and the 2009 steering does have one. Don't know if you can retrofit an airbag. Must be quite some work.
              That depends if you want it to be working or not:lol::lol::lol:
              Rijk

Comment

I talked to Vinny and yes you can install a airbag wheel on cars that do not come with them. Some cars are easy because they are pre-wired for the airbag and some are not pre-wired.

162 came pre-wired from the factory for the airbag but did not have a airbag wheel. This car had the conversion done and it cost's around $5,000 USD

Older cars that are not pre-wired could be converted BUT it would be very costly and the whole interior would have to be removed in order for the chassis to be wired properly.

If you are interested in doing this conversion then contact Vinny and he will find out if your car is pre-wired or not.

Comment

I'd say sell your Spyker and get a new one with an airbag already installed if you REALLY want one. The cost part of this is insane...

Comment

Not to mention the Liability Issues that come with adding air bags to a car that did not come with them originally.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                      I'd say sell your Spyker and get a new one with an airbag already installed if you REALLY want one. The cost part of this is insane...
                      Dan, good to see you online again! We missed you.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                        you guys are going the wrong way... you need to install the 2004/2005 wheel... =)
                        Quit that DAN!!!!
                        Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

In the world of Spyker ANYTHING is possible...

a 2007 has a decent chance of retrofitting a newer steering wheel than on 06.

our 2008 demo car #162 did NOT have an airbag, but it does now. fully functional.

if your car was pre-wired for this, it is a matter of simple parts/labor. 6-8 hours worth of work.

If it was NOT, you have to replace the entire wiring harness, lots of $$$ and time.

Send me your VIN, and I'll check with the factory on your car.
                          Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Working...
                          X