Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
    Found it: still for sale at Tampa
    Thanx IVR! Quite some mileage on the car, more than you would expect from just a couple of testdrives, so maybe again for sale or used as a demo...
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Thanks for your post LavioletteGT2R. Maybe I can add something else.

#231 was a factory demonstrator. As such, I think it was this car that did a small press tour in Sweden after the Saab acquisition. Here is an example of a test drive. One of the picture shows this:

Showing that this one is #07/24. So I think #231 is 07/24: confirming your thoughts.
      Thanx for the info IVR!

Comment

LM85 for sale with plate 01...

Comment

... is that Vladimir Antonov's car?

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post

XL9BA11G89Z363184 - This is the only RHD LM85. Delivered to Broughtons, the official Spykerdealer of G.B. at the time.
            According to these videos there should be a second RHD LM85.
            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
              LM85 for sale with plate 01...
              This turns out to be XL9BA11G69Z363149, so #149 is LM85 number 01.

Comment

According to these videos there should be a second RHD LM85.
                Thanx IVR, I edited the first post

Comment

#231 was a factory demonstrator. As such, I think it was this car that did a small press tour in Sweden after the Saab acquisition. Here is an example of a test drive. One of the picture shows this:

Showing that this one is #07/24. So I think #231 is 07/24: confirming your thoughts.
                  This educated guess that #231 should be LM number 7 turns out to be correct: "LM85 is a limited special edition and one (production serial-number 7) of the 14 produced cars." Source: Source (page 3)

So there seems to have "only" been 14 LM85 build. We have 12 allready identified...

Comment

12/14 ain't that bad Thanks for your efforts LavioletteGT2R!

Comment

Thank you too IVR007!

Comment

.. which chassis number is in China? See earlier post, and also here. Went to Xiamen, according to the blog of March 2011.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This Chinese LM85 was spotted in Shanghai, april 2013 Another LM85 is mentioned in this story to have been spotted in Beijing july 2012. I think we discussed this car on the forum before, with a sister car in orange with black accents if I'm not mistaken. I think both were supercharged by VF Engineering. Never knew these were actually LM85's but with the one amzamz found it makes three we didn't have before so I guess we must now have found all 15?

Comment

Yes, here are those special edition cars on the forum.

Didn't know the black one was titled as a LM85 and actually not entirely convinced it really was...

As I see it, the guy that posted those pictures just assumed it was a LM85 because of the livery but has no official confirmation. It hasn't been mentioned in the articles about these cars either. Add to that the fact that the number '15' that is often mentioned as the amount of LM85s built, I believe, stems from before this car was built/made a special edition. In other words: I think there is still one LM85 not accounted for.

Comment

I updated the first post in this thread with the new info on #218 and #229 (Thanx Matthias!)

Comment

We now have the following LM85's "labeled"
                                • #149 = LM85 no. 01
                                • #233 = LM85 no. 02
                                • #227 = LM85 no. 03
                                • #226 = LM85 no. 04
                                • #229 = LM85 no. 05
                                • #230 = LM85 no. 06
                                • #231 = LM85 no. 07
                                • #218 = LM85 no. 15