Soft to questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft to questions....

Looking to buy a Spyker spyder and would like to have a soft top, but not on the car.

Is the soft top easy to install and remove as needed? The earlier soft top looks cool and the ones seen on 2006 models look goofy. Do the earlier ones fit the later cars?

What should a soft top cost? Is there a difference in price between the early and production models?

You could consider a tonneau cover, like amzamz (owner of #045) has. Although I don't know if it fits later models.

Comment

... I guess any tonneau shop, which does this usually for 1950s cars, can do it for you. They will mount 4 buttons on top of the dash, 2-3 buttons behind the seats and two little hooks at the engine cover. My tonneau even splits in half, and can go up to 130 mph without being ripped off . Occasionally, I am wearing a sailer's wet coat and drive in the rain. Never had a problem with rain in the UK so far, and you're in TX!

Should you ever have a dent, consider this: the all aluminium body can be fixed by any "panel beater" which does classic cars.

Comment

What should it cost to fit a soft top to an '06 Spyder?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
          You could consider a tonneau cover, like amzamz (owner of #045) has. Although I don't know if it fits later models.

Is this tonneau cover available for sale? if so, what cost? With the soft top changes, can this be fitted to later models (ie- around s/n 100)?

Comment

I think there is a new cover available from Belgium, but I didn't like to have to get the buttons on top of the dash.

I'm working on a "shower cap" solution, like Lotus has. Lost track of it the last half year, but just started up the project again.
            Rijk

Comment

... here you can see 3 of the 4 buttons in the front. My car was delivered that way, and therefore #045 would look "naked" without them ...
              The tonneau cover is using the same little hooks under the engine cover, as does the 1st generation soft top.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by amzamz; 02-04-2010, 09:19.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                I'm working on a "shower cap" solution, like Lotus has.
                F Spider, let me know if you find anything. I would be interested, too.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                  F Spider, let me know if you find anything. I would be interested, too.
                  I'm actually trying to design one with the help of the 3D computer guys in our office and Tom will see if he can make it.

I like the clips you have on your trunk lid. That might just be the solution to fix the back.
                  Rijk

Comment

Working...
                  X