Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker C8 LM85

Quote from 'the auto Union forum':

Take your exotic sports car and put it in a room with its racing counterpart. Put on some R&B, dim the lights and wait nine months. It's a winning formula that has worked for some of the world's best automakers and resulted in such stunning performance vehicles as the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Aston Martin DBS and Porsche 911 GT3 RS, to name just a few. Now Spyker is getting ready to cue up the Barry White with the upcoming LM 85.

Named for the starting position of the Spyker C8 GTR2 racer at Le Mans, the LM 85 will be the latest race-derived, hardcore exotic sportscar. It will be based on the short-wheelbase C8 Laviolette, but lightened and tightened. Power could be as high as 450 horses, while the suspension is expected to be stiffened and weight removed to get a 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) figure near 3.8 seconds and top speed bumping the 300 km/h (186 mph) mark. Only a highly symbolic 24 examples are expected to be built in an effort to bring the niche Dutch automaker back from the brink.

Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
    Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Originally posted by pterps View Post
    Quote from 'the auto Union forum':

Take your exotic sports car and put it in a room with its racing counterpart. Put on some R&B, dim the lights and wait nine months. It's a winning formula that has worked for some of the world's best automakers and resulted in such stunning performance vehicles as the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Aston Martin DBS and Porsche 911 GT3 RS, to name just a few. Now Spyker is getting ready to cue up the Barry White with the upcoming LM 85.

Named for the starting position of the Spyker C8 GTR2 racer at Le Mans, the LM 85 will be the latest race-derived, hardcore exotic sportscar. It will be based on the short-wheelbase C8 Laviolette, but lightened and tightened. Power could be as high as 450 horses, while the suspension is expected to be stiffened and weight removed to get a 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) figure near 3.8 seconds and top speed bumping the 300 km/h (186 mph) mark. Only a highly symbolic 24 examples are expected to be built in an effort to bring the niche Dutch automaker back from the brink.

COOL!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's awesome!!

Comment

I wonder where they got that information from. Because if you read the Spyker pressrelease you will notice that they don't give any technical details from the C8 Laviolette LM85.

After the Limited Edition C8 Laviolette Basic Instinct 2 Replica launched in 2006, we have developed a road version of our GT2 Le Mans cars, the Spyker C8 LM85, named after the starting number we have had there for years now. We will build 24 units and production starts this quarter.
        And when I look at the computer rendering I don't see much resamblance with the C8 Laviolette GT2R. The only things I see are the wheels, doormirrors and the paintjob.

I have to say that it looks stunning but I am afraid that the performance claims made by Motor Authority (and copied by autoblog, the source 'the auto Union forum' used) are pure speculation. We have to wait and see what kind of performance the LM85 will have.

It could be that Spyker will introduce the supercharger on this car for the first time. But I don't think that they will put a lot of engineering effort in this car. Why? They will only be building 24 exemples so it won't be smart to do so.

Comment

Can there be a reason why they don't tell the specs from the C8 LM85 ?
          Or is it only the look that will be different.
          Some insider or dealer from Spyker that can give me an answer on this question?

Comment

Very

Comment

Originally posted by pterps View Post
              Named for the starting position of the Spyker C8 GTR2 racer at Le Mans, the LM 85 will be the latest race-derived, hardcore exotic sportscar. It will be based on the short-wheelbase C8 Laviolette, but lightened and tightened. Power could be as high as 450 horses, while the suspension is expected to be stiffened and weight removed to get a 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) figure near 3.8 seconds and top speed bumping the 300 km/h (186 mph) mark.
              It's not very easy to make the C8 lighter than it already is without doing away with comfort items such as AC, chairs and interior finishes. Especially if a roll cage is added.
              Rijk

Comment

Something I thought you guys would want.... Just released...

Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Great news. I love the interior in black leather and black alcantara. Very

Excellent idea by Spyker to include a trip to Le Mans for all 24 buyers.

Comment

hmm.. It's nice, but I hoped the would have upped the performance a bit and lowered the weight through use of more carbon Fibre and less luxury (such as upholstery).

Is anyone in the position to ask spyker why they don't invest in Carbon Fibre development? that would considerably improve their cars as they could be made lighter and stiffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                      .. Is anyone in the position to ask spyker why they don't invest in Carbon Fibre development? that would considerably improve their cars as they could be made lighter ..
                      Why should they want to make the Spyker C8 lighter?

an Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster weighs 1,710 kg
                      a Ferrari F430 Spider weighs 1,520 kg
                      a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder weighs 1,570 kg
                      a Maserati GranTurismo weighs 1,780 kg
                      a Spyker C8 Spyder weighs 1,250 kg(!!)
                      a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Convertible weighs 1,535 kg

They are already weighing a lot less than the competition.

Comment

I know they are already lighter, but making this car lighter still would set it further apart from the regular Spyker models. Also, cars are never light enough. It's no good for them to just sit back and relax, the competition will just catch up. Now that they've got an advantage they should expand it, rather than making it smaller by adding lots of leather. Standing still always equals going backwards developmentwise if you ask me.

Comment

But is a C8 Spyder really only 1,250 kg? Because if you look at the VIN sticker in the car is says that the 'gross vehicle weight rating' is 1,650 kg (3638 lb). But I guess that is the maximum weight of the car?

I also found some information from a Dutch registered Spyker (see below).

The 'empty' weight is: 1,300 kg
                          On the road weight: 1,400 kg
                          Maximum allowed weight: 1,650 kg

I also checked it for #007, and that car is even 20 kg heavier:

The 'empty' weight is: 1,320 kg
                          On the road weight: 1,420 kg
                          Maximum allowed weight: 1,650 kg

a Ferrari F430 F1 Spyder is

The 'empty' weight is: 1,565 kg
                          On the road weight: 1,665 kg
                          Maximum allowed weight: 1,790 kg

All those different weights are a bit confusing
                          Attached Files

Comment

We need to work on our definitions:

Dry weight: just the car, no fluids?
                            Empty weight: the car plus fluids (water, oil and gas)?
                            On road weight: Including liquids and driver?
                            Maximum gross weight: Two people plus 50kg luggage?
                            Rijk

Comment

What will the price be around?
                              Probably much more than the "regular" c8 laviolette.
                              Sad that they didn't make it more powerful, but i think the car will be sold out fast dough.
                              Louis

Comment

Working...
                              X