Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#092 C8 Laviolette Red / Magnolia (story of #092; converted from C8 Spyder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image_13552.jpg @Kolluk: if you allow I'll put one of your spectacular pictures here. (source)
    Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:37.

Comment

Cool!
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Respect to you and your colleague for transforming this Spyder into a Laviolette yourselves!
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Is this the second Spyder converted to a Laviolette?

Great job.
          Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:37.
          Rijk

Comment

At least two. The red one of Kolluk and #187.
            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I actually think this beauty was converted into a Laviolette before Win's C8 Spyder (#187) was.

Comment

... why on earth would one do that? Isn't it easier and cheaper to buy a Laviolette and sell the Spyder? I could understand it if I wanted a single seater or a shooting break. Somebody enlighten me, please!

Comment

I don't know why the customer wanted it to be converted. All i know is that i really liked the job, haha (i worked at the Spyker factory in Holland at the time and was asked to get it done in the USA). It turned out to be a stunning beauty i think! It took me and a collegue 3 weeks to convert at Stuttgart auto international in Ft Lauderdale. They are a body repair shop specialized in expensive and aluminium cars. I can make a new thread of the build if you guys like. I have a bunch of pictures of the job. Don't know if i get in trouble with posting the pictures though? Some small extra: found the VIN............................... wait for it.................it is #092!
                  Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:36.

Comment

#092 is the red spyder with tan interior that was converted into a laviolette.

Comment

Great news. Thanks!

Comment

Threads merged.

Comment

story of #092; the red spyder/laviolette

Hi guys!

Some strange things happen once in a while and maybe you'd like it if i share my story overhere. I worked for Spyker in 2007, only 11 months unfortunately.
                          I spend most of my days at the 'special' department, we would build anything that was not standard on at the time. For example : complete audio systems, compressors on engines, automatic gearboxes and all the double 12's and laviolettes. The spyder had a normal production line at the time i was there. I started my short career in that line, building my first car the #148, a blue one, very beautifull! After three months i moved to specials and man that was a great time! We were building the most awesome cars from scratch and had lots of freedom doing the things we thought were needed to be done!
                          At some point i was asked to make a kit to convert a C8 Spyder to a laviolette, no problem of course. I searched the stuff together with al the tools and small parts that were needed. It became a big box with a rear body, a roof, a new front screen, an engine cover and 4 new rims. The rims were asked to include by my superior. I had no clue at that time i was going to do the job as well. One day my superior came to me if i could would want to do the job. Hell yeah i would love to!! Ok then, pick a collegue to take with you, you're travelling in about2 weeks. And so it happened and i was in Miami somewhere the end of june. We where there for 3 weeks and in the pictures i will post here you will see what we did overthere in 3 weeks time!! leave a comment if you like and i'll be happy to answer al sorts of question!! Regards René
                          Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:36.

Comment

Great write up

You must be proud that you actually build #148. As #148 is considered to be one of the best driving Spykers ever built. At least according to the guys who work(ed) for Spyker North America.

Comment

It's been a while, but i never knew that the #148 was such a good car! Nice to know indeed. It's the first car that was built in the new produciton facility. They created a production line and we tested it with the build of #148. I have lot's of photo's from my time at Spyker but they are on a computer that is stuffed away at the attic, i really do need to go and take a look at them i gues....

Comment

It would be great if you could fond those photos and post them in the register. I've driven #148, and it is indeed a great car
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X