Ferrari FXX on Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari FXX on Top Gear

Has anybody seen the new Top Gear with Schumacher in the FXX? He was 7 seconds faster than the previous record holder: the Gumpert. Unbelievable
    Rijk

Indeed unbelievable x 2

That FXX was utterly impressively fast and I never ever thought Shumi was the stig.

Comment

Schumi isn't 'the' Stig. He was only 'a' Stig in this episode.
      Didn't you guy's notice the last remarks of Clarkson

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Isn't there any site where we can see the full episode??
        I've already looked at the site of Top Gear, but you have to be in the UK if you want to show that episode... don't ask me why :P.
        Olav

Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Try finalgear.com

Comment

www.hessmo.com

And I think they will remove the FXX from the board, because 1) it is not streetlegal and 2) it is not able to go across a "sleeping policeman" without scratching.

Fastest car around the course up to now is the Renault F1 car from 2005 or 2006 with under a minute.

Comment

The FXX can be streetlegal
              Edo Competition modifies the Ferrari FXX to be street-legal - [Ferrari FXX supercar] - MotorAuthority - Car news, reviews, spy shots

Comment

I think the Gumpert and a few others are not able to cross over a "sleeping policeman".
                1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Reason given for removal was use of slicks .... so why don't they put it on some street tyre ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911 View Post
                    Reason given for removal was use of slicks .... so why don't they put it on some street tyre ?
                    It was just an excuse. Otherwise they had the discussion if the FXX is street legal or not. And this is just the easy way out.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                      It was just an excuse. Otherwise they had the discussion if the FXX is street legal or not. And this is just the easy way out.
                      Also, all the cars on the list are driven by the Stig to make them as comparable as possible.

Having MS drive the FXX (his personal FXX I think), was just a special, one off event. I'm happy to have seen it.
                      Rijk

Comment

Rijk, it seems very likely the Stig is actually not one person but a number of different drivers. I do agree there was something behind the scenes that forced the FXX off the list though.
                        1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                          I think the Gumpert and a few others are not able to cross over a "sleeping policeman".
                          It can, you can order a lifting-system for the front when you order your new Gumpert.

And yes, you can make a FXX streetlegal, but it don't come with a license plate from the manufacturer and that were the rules they used so far. (which is OK for my point of view)

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                            Rijk, it seems very likely the Stig is actually not one person but a number of different drivers. I do agree there was something behind the scenes that forced the FXX off the list though.
                            I know that, but all these drivers were supposedly in the same league. How many seconds difference would there be between MS and the Stig. Not only between the quality of the drivers themselves, but also MS's intimate knowledge of a car that he developed as well as owns.
                            Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                              I know that, but all these drivers were supposedly in the same league. How many seconds difference would there be between MS and the Stig. Not only between the quality of the drivers themselves, but also MS's intimate knowledge of a car that he developed as well as owns.
                              + the use of slick tires.

see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&v=69MjdF2aglw

from 07:50
                              Last edited by Spyker 007; 02-07-2009, 14:12.

Comment

Working...
                              X