#194 - D12 Peking-to-Paris - Tungsten Silver/Orange - 2nd chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #194 - D12 Peking-to-Paris - Tungsten Silver/Orange - 2nd chassis

And here is prototype number 2. F-Spider mentioned earlier that this one has a custom aluminium chassis, where as the first prototype had a VW Touareg chassis.

Some nice pictures of it at the factory. None of the chassis plaque unfortunately

Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris
    Also today Spyker revealed the first pre-production Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris, the industry’s first Super Sports Utility Vehicle (SSUV), the prototype of which was unveiled last year at the Geneva International Motor Show. After extensive endurance, durability and weather testing in the course of the coming summer, production of the D12 will commence in December 2007 for deliveries beginning in Europe in Spring 2008 at an estimated price point of EUR 235,000.

The SSUV was named after the historic Peking to Paris raid of 1907, the most gruelling automotive challenge of its time, in which a Frenchman, Charles Goddard, entered his almost standard, factorybacked, Spyker 18/22 HP. On 10 June 1907 five cars set out on what was to become an unprecedented challenge to man and machine, to prove that the motor-car had come of age and was capable of carrying men and equipment from the farthest reaches of the world back to Paris. Goddard finished second after crossing terrain where, for the most part, no car had ever dared to go. The D12
    SSUV has been named in honour of this historic achievement and to celebrate the pioneering spirit it embodied: the desire to chart uncharted territory.

Exactly 100 years later history is about to repeat itself. From June 10 to August 10, 2007 a Spyker vehicle will once again compete in a Peking to Paris raid. The authentic 1907 Spyker owned and driven by Stijnus Schotte of The Netherlands will set off from eastern China to retrace the tyre tracks of Charles Goddard and arrive in Paris on August 10th having proved once again the quality and driveability of Spyker cars and the passion of their owners. A D12 SSUV will be present at both the start line and the finish in Paris to portray the new breed of Spyker vehicle and to celebrate a new century of daring and dramatic Spyker cars.
    Last edited by F Spider; 02-02-2021, 01:57.

Comment

I have heard that the white D8 Peking-to-Paris that is currently in Geneva is in fact #194 with a new paintjob! That is also the reason why the interior is exactly the same and the driverseat looks "worn".

So there are still only two SSUV's around. The original black and beige one (#080) and this one (#194) which was Tungsten Silver and is White now.

Comment

image_777.jpgimage_778.jpgimage_779.jpgimage_780.jpgimage_781.jpgimage_782.jpg Some factory pics.

Comment

The rest of the factory pics. And some pics with it's new colour.

Attached Files

Comment

I love this car. Even more than the new C8 I thought. The colours are really beautiful on the car. Nice job did they there in Zeewolde by Spyker.

Comment

There are some differences between the white and tungsten silver one.
              the air intakes en fog lamps are like the ones on the new C8 Aileron.

But you can see that in pictures of the interior of both cars that the driverseat has the same wrinkle in the leather (right front of the seat).

I thinks it's the same car with some modifications on the outside of the car!

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
              I have heard that the white D8 Peking-to-Paris that is currently in Geneva is in fact #194 with a new paintjob! That is also the reason why the interior is exactly the same and the driverseat looks "worn".

So there are still only two SSUV's around. The original black and beige one (#080) and this one (#194) which was Tungsten Silver and is White now.
              Last edited by F Spider; 02-02-2021, 01:56.

Comment

image_788.jpg Info sign at the Geneva Auto Salon 2008
                Last edited by F Spider; 02-02-2021, 01:56.

Comment

image_837.jpgimage_838.jpgimage_839.jpgimage_840.jpg The first pictures I found with the boot open!

Just enough room for a sixpack Heineken
                  Last edited by F Spider; 02-02-2021, 01:55.

Comment

The first pictures I found with the boot open!

Just enough room for a sixpack Heineken
                    wow, thanks alot!

Funny/creepy how you replied here when I just opened this topic a minute ago to check something

Comment

The first pictures I found with the boot open!
                      Opening the doors of the boot can be done by turning the spyker logo clockwise for ~ 10 degrees. Very nicely done!

Comment

Some more profile & detail shots. All courtesy of Paul Dalton from MiracleDetail in the UK.

Comment

Comment

Funny pic....

I have been meaning to share this for a while, just wasn't able to find it in my files. Had misplaced it in the C12 Zagato folder.... :lol:

I'm guessing the tape is to hold the dash of this pre-production model in place, while it's on its way to a car show.

Comment

Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris at the 2007 Salon Prive in the UK

Found a few more pics of the boot being open.

Comment

Working...
                              X