No announcement yet.

#259 - C8 Aileron - White / Tobacco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust me: Spyker Cars wants to get the Aileron on the road even more than we do. But a lot has changed since the world première in Geneva.

The most important thing is that in the end we will have a fabulous Aileron we will all be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
      The most important thing is that in the end we will have a fabulous Aileron we will all be proud of.
      True! Maybe they've checked whether some basic parts like a windscreen wiper motor could have been replaced with stuff from Saab. Those things could lower the price of building an aileron significantly. Just a thought.
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

#259 is at Geneva Motorshow and is now white.

Comment

Thanx Matthias!
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Looking at this photo, it seems that the rear wind shield can be opened like a hatch...

Comment

Full VIN: XL9BABBG8AC363259

Comment

image_9237.jpgimage_9238.jpgimage_9239.jpgimage_9240.jpgimage_9241.jpgimage_9242.jpg Interior seems to be very dark brown
                Last edited by F Spider; 28-01-2021, 22:07.

Comment

Thanks for the info on both cars Netburner. I'm not sure whether this really is goodwood green... (like on #036). Looks like a different color to me...

Comment

ORG5104.pdf
                    Originally posted by netburner View Post
                    Full VIN: XL9BABBG8AC363259
                    Thanks Matthias!

A few very interesting things about this VIN:

1. This car is a 2010, not a 2011 like I would have expected.

2. Even though the assembly plant (10th digit) is C for Coventry, England, the VIN still begins with XL9. I wonder if Ailerons will be able to keep using XL9 as long as Spyker has a base in the Netherlands?

3. Looking at the U.S. NHTSA website, you can find VIN decoding documents submitted by various manufacturers. Here we can see that this car has dual airbags, but still not the advanced airbags that will be required for U.S. compliance going forward. (If this Spyker continues with adherence to this document, U.S. Ailerons with advanced airbags will have four B's in a row in their VINs! :lol
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by F Spider; 28-01-2021, 22:06.

Comment

Today I sat in the Aileron at the Geneva Motorshow. And I really love this car. A lot of the new details like the touch pad to navigate through the stereo / navigation is very cool. And the openings in the rear windows are great. I always loved them on the Laviolette and missed them on the Aileron. But thankfully the production model has them.

Comment

Found some more pictures of this spyker at this Hyve:

Spyker Cars Hyve - hyves.nl
                        Last edited by F Spider; 28-01-2021, 22:05.
                        Olav

Instagram
                        https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Here you can see that the rear windshield is now able to open up so that you can reach the engine. Pretty amazing, taking account that the the air tube runs over it.

Comment

Must have been a great gathering. Present were:
                            - the only RHD LM85 (VIN unknown)
                            - #040 Double 12 spyder
                            - #259 aileron
                            - #186 laviolette
                            - #170 (probably) Laviolette
                            - an unknown MY10 laviolette

Comment

This car looks so good on the road:

Comment

Is this the car that was in Monterey last August? Just fantastic in person!
                                With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
                                X