Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Mans 24 Hours 10-14 june 2009

affiche_1024.jpg

With free practice session starting next wednesday, I think it's time to open this thread. I will not be able to post on race week-end but will leave you with all the links you need:

Provisional schedule:
    ! Official website of 24 Heures du Mans 2009 and 24 Heures Moto 2009 - ACO

Entrylist:

Circuit map:
    http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...rientation.pdf

Live stream:
    http://www.sportzone.tk/

Live timing:
    Site officiel des 24 Heures du Mans

Radio Le Mans:
    http://tx.sharp-stream.com/tune.php?...oshowltd&.waxr

Official Le Mans website:

Regulations:
    Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 10-06-2009, 21:25.
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Info that i received from spyker:

"The Squadron catering trailer will arrive on June 4 and the first mechanics
    on June 5 th. On June 7, the team will be complete, and can start
    preparations for the car.

The first training starts on June 10th (Wednesday), and Thursday, June 11th
    there are training sessions. The race starts on Saturday 13rd."

I will be there on saturday and sunday (6th and 7th) to take pictures of the arrival of the teams. Monday till Wednesday I will be back in the Netherlands.

Wednesday evening (10th) or Thursday morning (11th) I will travel again to Le Mans to support the Squadron

Some people think; Dutchdude is crazy! But I think Le Mans is the most beautiful race event there is!

(f1 drivers are spoiled kids, Le mans drivers are the real legendary heroes)

DSC_0028-3.jpg DSC_0058.jpg
    Last edited by Dutchdude; 04-06-2009, 22:15.

Dutchdude
    Spykerowner #141
    sigpic

Comment

LM85 owners should be there too. I hope they also bring their C8 to the scene and that they get captured by your camera

Comment

On addition to the schedule provided by Dutchdude:
        Administrative checks and scrutineering for the Spyker will start on Monday June 8th at 16.10 (Administrtive checks) and 16.40 (Scrutineering) at the “Quinconce des Jacobins” in Le Mans.
        The car and the drivers will be there and this is free to the public. Tension is building up during the week and since this is "only" monday the atmosphere is really relaxed and therefor provides
        a very good opportunity to talk to the team and drivers!

Comment

Unbelievable! Fck! ShT!

I just heard that my press accreditation for Le Mans is not issued. Unbelievable because I now can't visit the Pit during the race and walk on the grid before the start. Last year I could do this and take beautiful pictures.

like this one:

DSC_0043-2.jpg

I also desided to buy my Spyker at that moment because I saw Victor with that great white C8 Spyder in the Pit an hour before the race.
          Without this meeting I might had bought a Ferrari.

And one Guess: Who kissed the driver (see lipstick)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dutchdude; 05-06-2009, 19:05.

Dutchdude
          Spykerowner #141
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe one of the Hawaiian Tropic girls

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
              I just heard that my press accreditation for Le Mans is not issued. Unbelievable because I now can't visit the Pit during the race and walk on the grid before the start. Last year I could do this and take beautiful pictures.
              Have you contacted Hans van Rennes? Maybe you two can work something out?

Comment

Most of the team arrived at Le Mans. The traditional 'pesage' of the Spyker on la Place des Jacobins is scheduled for Monday.
                Source: Spyker Squadron Twitter.

Comment

Official McGregor Spyker Squadron Le Mans 2009 Merchandise

Here are some pictures taken by Stefan Ammerlaan from the McGregor Spyker Squadron 2009 Merchandise. They can be bought as from today at the stores. But also at the Spyker Merchandise shop at Le Mans, where there will be an autograph session with the Spyker drivers Tom Coronel, Jarek Janis and Jeroen Bleekemolen on friday.

McG_Spyker-006.jpg McG_Spyker-019.jpg McG_Spyker-039.jpg
                  McG_Spyker-042.jpg McG_Spyker-053.jpg McG_Spyker-062.jpg

All pictures copyright (C) Stefan Ammerlaan.

Comment

Some more:

McG_Spyker-064.jpg McG_Spyker-084.jpg McG_Spyker-110.jpg
                    McG_Spyker-135.jpg McG_Spyker-139.jpg McG_Spyker-164.jpg

Comment

And the last ones:

McG_Spyker-185.jpg McG_Spyker-200.jpg McG_Spyker-203.jpg McG_Spyker-222.jpg

Comment

I like this one
                        Attached Files

Comment

First picture from Le Mans!

Comment

LM-GT2 Race Preview

This year the sole Spyker is up to an armada of at total of 16 competitors. Let's take a closer look to find out what they’re up against.

Ferrari F430GT:

Last year the Le Mans 24 hour race was won in a Ferrari. So Ferrari seems to be the car to beat! And it shows: This year nine teams will field a Ferrari 430GT, one of those teams even enters two. In total there will be 10 Ferrari’s F430GT!

Ferrari F430GT Teams:

#78 – AF Corse SRL
                            L.PEREZ COMPANC (ARG)
                            M.RUSSO (ARG)
                            G.BRUNI (ITA)
                            Michelin
                            The AF Corse team is competing in the FIA-GT championship. They won the championship last year and automatically earned a Le Mans 2009 start. Although this Ferrari is entered by the AF Corse team, I think it is actually run for Pecom Racing because two of the three drivers are normally driving for this team in the FIA-GT championship. AF Corse is a front-running team where as Pecom Racing is not…
                            As most teams, AF Corse also will use Michelin tyres.
                            Prediction: D.N.F.

#81 – Team Advanced Engineering
                            D.KITCH Jr (USA)
                            J.FOSTER (USA)
                            P.DEMPSEY (USA)
                            Michelin
                            This team is running a Ferrari for Team Seattle. Team Seattle will be racing on behalf of Seattle Children’s Hospital. The team is aiming to raise $1,000,000 for infant cardiac care at Children’s Hospital. Team Seattle founder Don Kitch Jr., Joe Foster and T.V. star Patrick Dempsey are the drivers. The team relies on Michelin tyres. I like the initiative so I hope they do well on the financial side of this program but doubt that they will be able to match this on the sportive side… Prediction: D.N.F.

#82 – Risi Competizione
                            J.MELO (BRA)
                            P.KAFFER (DEU)
                            M.SALO (FIN)
                            Michelin
                            The Risi Competizione team is last year’s Le Mans 24 hours winner. In 2008, Mika Salo, Jaime Melo and Gian Maria Bruni were the drivers. For this year, Mika Salo and Jaime Melo are teamed up with Pierre Kaffer. This same line-up won this year’s Sebring 12 hours for Risi, proving their just as quick. This makes this arguably the strongest Ferrari in the field. Michelin is their tyre supplier, just like last year.
                            Prediction: This squad will fight for the win!

#83 – Risi Competizione
                            T.KROHN (USA)
                            N.JONSSON (SWE)
                            E.VAN DE POELE (BEL)
                            Michelin
                            The second entry from Risi Competizione is actually run for Krohn Racing. Drivers will be Tracy Krohn, Nic Jonsson and Eric van de Poele. As far as I know this entry has only one 2009 race under it’s belt: the Sebring 12 hour race. Michelin tyres will be used on this Ferrari. With al due respect but this line-up is not nearly as quick and consistent as the line-up of the sister car. A good result is, in this field of 17 cars, therefor not to be expected.

#84 - Team Modena
                            L.MANSELL (GBR)
                            P.EHRET (DEU)
                            R.RUSINOV (RUS)
                            Michelin
                            This team has quite some GT1 experience at Le mans but will be new in the GT2 class. Team Modena will use a 2009 Ferrari 430GT, which the team entered in two LMS races so far. At their debut race, the Barcelona round, they collected a creditable 5th position. And at Spa, in only their second race, they won! For the 24 hours of Le Mans Leo Mansell will be partnered with Pierre Ehret and Roman Rusinov. Antonio Garcia, regular LMS partner of Leo Mansell and Jaime Melo who drove the car at Spa, will be missed! Tyres will be supplied by Michelin.
                            Prediction: Classified finisher

#89 - Hankook - Team Farnbacher
                            A.SIMONSEN (AUS)
                            D.FARNBACHER (DEU)
                            C.MONTANARI (ITA)
                            Hankook
                            Last year, the Farnbacher team was on the podium at the Le Mans 24 hour race: 3rd, a great result! For this year the team is backed by Hankook tyres. In the LMS races so far they also reached the podium in barcelona but had a D.N.F. result at Spa. Regular LMS drivers Alan Simonsen and Christian Montanari will be partnered with Dominic Farnbacher. How well this very decent line-up will fare largely depends on how good the Hankook tyres will be at Le Mans!
                            Prediction: Classified finisher

#92 - JMW Motorsport
                            R.BELL (GBR)
                            T.SUGDEN (GBR)
                            A.KIRKALDY (GBR)
                            Dunlop
                            Robert Bell, last year’s GT2 LMS champion will be driving for this team, that’s new in the LMS Series as well as Le Mans. Well… Not quite: A great deal of last year’s Virgo team is now employed at the JMW Motorsport team. Rob Bell will not be partnered with Gianmaria Bruni, his regular LMS teammate. But he found two very quick replacements: Tim Sugden and Andrew Kirkaly, with who he is driving together in FIA-GT. A cracking line-up! Unlike most other Ferrari entries, this Ferrari will rely on Dunlop tyres.
                            Prediction: This squad will fight for the podium!

#96 - Virgo Motorsport
                            M.McINERNEY (GBR)
                            S.McINERNEY (GBR)
                            M.VERGERS (GBR)
                            Dunlop
                            New drivers this year for the Virgo Motorsport team: Michael McInerney, Sean McInerney and Michael Vergers. And quite a difference this line-up makes… Last year the Virgo Motorsport team won the LMS championship and was in second place after 21 hours at Le Mans, before disaster struck. This year the results speak a different language: A 9th and a 8th place finishes in LMS so far. And things are not likely to improve for the Le Mans 24 hours. Michael Vergers is quick but will be considerably slowed down by the McInerney duo. Like last year, Dunlop tyres will be used.

#97 – BMS Scuderia Italia
                            F.BABINI (ITA)
                            M.MALUCELLI (ITA)
                            P.RUBERTI (ITA)
                            Pirelli
                            Same car, same drivers, same tyres, same finishing position? Who knows but the BMS Scuderia Italia team probably hope to finish one step higher at the podium after last year’s second place! Fabio Babini, Matteo Malucelli and Paolo Ruberti certainly make a great line-up. Since this is the only team to use Pirelli tyres, this factor could prove to be decisive: If Pirelli gets it right, this team will benefit.

#99 - JMB Racing
                            C.BOUCHUT (FRA)
                            M.RODRIGUES (FRA)
                            Y.LEBON (FRA)
                            Michelin
                            The JMB Racing team is also active in the LMS. But for the Le Mans 24 hour race they opted for a totally different line-up. The drivers to wheel this Ferrari at Le Mans will be Christophe Bouchut, Manuel Rodrigues and Yvan Lebon. This Ferrari will, like most others, be using Michelin tyres. Although Christophe Bouchut has a lot of GT experience, his co-drivers have not…

Porsche 997 GT3 RSR:

For the 2009 race seaon, Porsche is back with a vengeance! Last year they were defeated by Ferrari at the 24 hours of Le Mans. For this season, Porsche fitted their 911 with significant mechanical and body upgrades. To add to this: Michelin specially developed a suitable tyre for this year's Porsche. On top of that, unlike Ferrari, Porsche will lend some factory drivers to their customer teams, thereby indicating they do take their business very seriously!

Porsche 997 GT3 RSR Teams:

75 – Endurance Asia Team
                            D.O'YOUNG (CHN)
                            PH.HESNAULT (FRA)
                            P.KRALEV (BUL)
                            Dunlop
                            The Endurance Asia team is, although the livery of the car suggests otherwise, not as Asian as you might think… This Porsche will be run by Perspective Racing. The drivers will be Darryl O’Young, who is normally competing in the FIA GT championship, Philippe Hesnault and Plamen Kralev, who drove for JMB Racing in the LMS Spa round. This is the only Porsche team that will use Dunlop tyres.

70 – Imsa Performance Matmut
                            M.LECOURT
                            H.FELBERMAYR JR
                            H.FELBERMAYR SR
                            Michelin
                            Officially this is the second Imsa Performance Matmut entry but actually it is the second Team Felbermayr Proton entry. This entry was initially on the reserve list but got in the race after several withdrawals from other teams. Michel Lecourt Horst Felbermayr Jr. Horst Felbermayr Sr. will be driving this Porsche. Michelin tyres on this Porsche too. No doubt this car will be prepared well but unfortunately, the drivers will not be on par with that level.

76 - Imsa Performance Matmut
                            R.NARAC
                            P.LONG
                            P.PILET
                            Michelin
                            This very experienced team will, just as in the LMS races, be using Raymond Narac and Porsche factory driver Patrick Pilet as their drivers. For Le Mans they will be paired with Patrick Long, who is also a Porsche factory driver. He’s familiar with the team as he drove for the Imsa Performance Matmut team at the 2008 Le Mans race as well. Like on most Porsches, Michelin tyres will be fitted. I expect this entry to do well, but Raymond Narac will be slowing down this Porsche just too much to go for a win.

77 - Team Felbermayr Proton
                            M.LIEB (DEU)
                            R.LIETZ (AUT)
                            W.HENZLER (DEU)
                            Michelin
                            This is definitely the strongest Porsche in the field. Marc Lieb and Richard Lietz crossed the finishline first at both LMS races so far, although they were later disqualified at Spa. For Le Mans these two LMS Porsche factory drivers will be joined by an ALMS Porsche factory driver: Wolf Henzler. So the driver line-up is top notch! This team also uses the Michelin tyres, which are doing really well on the Porsche.
                            Prediction: This squad will fight for the win!

80 – Flying Lizard Motorsport
                            J.BERGMEISTER (DEU)
                            S.NEIMAN (USA)
                            D.LAW (USA)
                            Michelin
                            This team is currently leading the ALMS championship, winning three out of four races. But for this race Porsche factory driver Jörg Bergmeister will not having fellow Porsche factory driver Patrick Long as his co-driver. He will have to settle for Seth Neiman and Darren Law, who will make his Le Mans debut. Although Seth Neiman has a lot of le Mans experience he is not very quick. That will slow down this entry considerably.
                            Prediction: Classified finish

Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R:

According to Squadronleader Peter van Erp, the Spyker team is better prepared than ever. The team did some pre-season testing and quite recently the Squadron did some high speed testing at Monza, in preparation for the Le Mans 24 hours as well.
                            They claim to have overcome the engine problems that hampered them last year, and improved on speed as well. Despite of the new regulations for this year to slow the cars down, Spyker has been faster this year on both Barcelona and Spa. A lot of work has gone into the aero package in order to increase topspeed on the long straights. The engine displacement is now 3,6 liters instead of last year’s 4,0 liters. As a result, larger restrictors can be used. Because of this, the engine will get more air, resulting in more power and better cooling. A positive side effect will be that it will use less fuel and this means less pitstops!

Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R Team(s):

85 - Snoras Spyker Squadron
                            T.CORONEL (NLD)
                            J. .JANIS (CZE)
                            J.BLEEKEMOLEN (NLD)
                            Michelin
                            All drivers for this year have driven for Spyker at Le Mans before. Tom Coronel in 2005, Jeroen Bleekemolen in 2006 and Jarek Janis in 2007. Michelin will, like last year, provide the tyres. In the four LMS races since Le Mans 2008, Spyker was able to finish three times and had one did not finish result. The one DNF result was not caused by engine failure so it looks like the engine problems are solved indeed. They also showed some promising speed, finishing twice in fourth and once in fifth position. So it looks promising!

Aston Martin Vantage GT2:

The Aston Martin Vantage GT2 is new to the 24 hours of Le Mans. Testing for this season has been limited due to off-season preparations, such as advancements made in the powertrain and suspension, and travel. One Aston Martin was entered in the Sebring 12 hours race by Drayson Racing, which is also fielding a car in the LMS races. Another team to use the Aston Martin Vantage GT2 is the Hexis Racing AMR team. They run their Aston Martin in the FIA-GT championship. For this year’s Le Mans race only one is accepted: the Drayson Racing Aston Martin. The official Le Mans Series test at the Circuit Paul Ricard in early March and the race weekend in Sebring have provided the team strong insight into the gains made by the team and Aston Martin Racing over the winter. The knowledge garnered in these events has helped the team to fine tune the V8-powered entry to the Michelin tyres.

Aston Martin Vantage GT2 Team(s):

87 - Drayson Racing
                            P.DRAYSON (GBR)
                            J.COCKER (GBR)
                            M.FRANCHITTI (GBR)
                            Michelin
                            Lord Drayson, Minister of Science and Innovation for the United Kingdom, debuts Drayson Racing in 2009. The Official Partner Team of Aston Martin Racing enters the #87 Aston Martin Vantage GT2 in the Le Mans 24 hour race with regular LMS drivers Paul Drayson and Jonny Cocker. For the 24 hours of Le Mans, Marino Franchitti was added to the line-up. The Aston Martin will be Michelin shod. In the two LMS races so far, the team scored an 8th and a 6th place finish. That proves the team is reliable over 6 hours, but 24 hours is something different.

Conclusion:

It is very hard to make any predictions at all for Le Mans as in 24 hours a lot can happen. To win Le Mans you not only have to be fast but you also need a trouble free run.

Based on strength of team, drivers and tyres I think we will have only two real contenders for the win in the GT2 class: The #77 Felbermayr Proton Porsche and the #82 RISI Competizione Ferrari. It is very hard to tell who will win in the end because the Ferrari and Porsche are pretty evenly matched but if I have to pick I will pick the #77 Felbermayr Proton Porsche as the LM-GT2 winner of the 2009 Le Mans 24 hours.

Although the battle for the win will be most important, I do expect an equally fierce battle for the last podium position.

Again, based on strength of team, drivers and tyres I think we will have three candidates for 3rd place: #76 IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche, #92 JMW Motorsport Ferrari and the #97 BMS Scuderia Italia Ferrari. I think the #76 IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche will clinch 3rd.

The rest of the finishers will, in my opinion fight for 6th in class and although that might sound a bit dissapointing, in this massive field of 17 entries this is still a great result!

My guess is that #89 Hankook team Farnbacher will be best of the rest and finish in 6th position.

But what about Spyker?

I think Spyker will have the speed to qualify in the middle of the field but they will move forward in the race, as their driver line-up is better then most of their competitors. I think a top 7 position in the race is possible on speed alone. A podium position might be possible but only if Spyker have a trouble free run themselves and some of the frontrunners will have some problems.
                            Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 07-06-2009, 09:43.

Comment

Eurosport TV Schedule

Wed 10/06/2009
                              18:00-19:00 FREE PRACTICE LIVE E2
                              19:15-24:00 FREE PRACTICE LIVE E2

Thu 11/06/2009
                              19:00-21:00 Qualifying LIVE E2
                              22:00-24:00 Qualifying LIVE EI

Sat 13/06/2009
                              08:30-09:15 Warm Up LIVE EI
                              09:45-10:30 Legends LIVE EI

LE MANS 24 Hours

14:30-15:30 LIVE EI
                              15:30-19:00 LIVE E2
                              19:00-20:25 LIVE EI
                              20:30-22:30 LIVE E2
                              22:30-27:00 LIVE EI
                              03:00-11:00 LIVE EI
                              11:00-13:15 LIVE E2
                              13:15- 15:10 LIVE EI

EI = Eurosport International (that's the main Eurosport channel - or the only one, if you don't get Eurosport 2)
                              E2 = Eurosport 2

27 o'clock

Comment

Working...
                              X