Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spyker d8

hello

i am thinking about putting an order on a spyker d8.

so i have several questions...
    how much does it cost in US (full) ?
    how long i will have to wait for the car to being produced and delivered?

do you plan to open Spyker dealer in Russia?

thanks in advance

am i way out of the loop? what is a D8?

Comment

is that peking to Paris?? i think it is...

Comment

Yep, first they called it D12 Peking-to-Paris. But when they dropped the W12 engine and said they wille be using an American V8 they changed the name into D8.

Comment

yes...
          it was named as D12 before...
          check spyker off site... now it is D8

Comment

Alex,

The last price I could find for the D8 is EUR 235,000. And that price was mentioned on 6 March 2007 in the press release for the Geneva International Motor Show.

But at that time they still planned to use the W12 engine and at that moment they had the following planning:

After extensive endurance, durability and weather testing in the course of the coming summer, production of the D12 will commence in December 2007 for deliveries beginning in Europe in Spring 2008 at an estimated price point of EUR 235,000.
            But as you might know that timetable has changed. Not only did they change the engine from a W12 to an American V8 but also the start op production is delayed. The last information about that:

March 28th , 2008, 2007 full year results
            Development of D-line SSUV
            The D-line also suffered from the Company’s 2007 “credit crunch” in terms of delayed development. Development is now in full progress and the car will be going into production in 2009. Market demand for this model is undiminished and remains strong.
            25 April 2008, Trading update Q1 2008
            Development of the D-line SSUV is in full progress from Q1 onwards and the car will go into production in 2009. Market demand for this model remains strong.
            I don't know if there are any plans to open a dealer in Russia at the moment. But I do know that Spyker is planning to expand its dealernetwork rapidly in the comming years. So I guess there is a very big chance that Russia will be among them.

25 April 2008, Trading update Q1 2008
            An aggressive expansion of the worldwide dealer base is sought, so as to prepare the distribution for the advent of the Spyker C8 Aileron and the Spyker D8 Peking-to-Paris, which will go into production in 2009.

Comment

AX_Lover

thank you very much for the info
              I hope they will start the production soon...
              that car is amaizing
              but i would like for it to be a little bit faster than 5.5s to 60mph ... maybe 5sec of so...

Comment

Alex,

The weird thing is that the D12 did 0-100 km/h in 5 seconds and the D8 does it in 5,5 seconds. But the D8 had 50 hp MORE than the D12! See below for the specs.
                Attached Files

Comment

its so strange.
                  with weight only 1850kg + 750hm + 550hp = ONLY 5.5 sec ???
                  i simply cant understand this...

why than ML63 with 2400kg / 507hp/630nm does it below 5 sec?

Comment

And what do you think of the new Cayenne Turbo S?

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - 2355 kg - 550 hp - 750 Nm - 4.8 - top speed 280 km/h

And that for 'only' EUR 111,400 (excl. taxes)

Both cars have the same power (550 hp and 750 Nm), but the D8 is 505 kg LIGHTER and still 0,7 seconds slower!

I don't think the aerodynamics of the Cayenne are that much better!
                    Maybe Spyker made a small mistake in the specs?

Still the Cayenne costs just a 'fraction' of the D8 and you can seat five people in it and take some luggage. The luggage compartment of the D8 is just big enough for 2 crates of Heineken

Comment

Don't worry about the performance figures. They were probably written down before the engine was actually fitted. So only of theoretical value only.

Comment

Some pictures from the boot.
                        Attached Files

Comment

yes but you will lack out on the Spyker experience :P

But about the acceleration times: I reckon it all comes down to the chosen gear ratios.

Comment

And for some extra comparison the new BMW X6, also a coupe/SUV.

BMW X6 xDrive50i - 2165 kg - 407 hp - 600 Nm - 5,4

Comment

There are dealers in Latvia and in the Ukraine. I would think that Moskow will follow soon.

With the new GM V8 engine, you can expect 600+HP, so 0-60MPH will dramatically improve.

Last I heard was 275K Dollars + taxes (but that is old info).
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X