#040 - C8 Double 12S - Silver-Orange - China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
    Found 2 shots of #040 when it was at the factory.

#040 has a removable Laviolette roof (2 clamps and 2+4 bolts), converting it into a Spyder. For this reason it has a leather cover over the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
      #040 has a removable Laviolette roof (2 clamps and 2+4 bolts), converting it into a Spyder. For this reason it has a leather cover over the engine.
      What do you mean with a leather cover over the engine?

Here's a pic I found of #040 without roof, plus two others we didn't have yet.
      Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:35.

Comment

Leather EngineCover

What do you mean with a leather cover over the engine?
        Bucciali,

When you look thru the back-window of a COUPÉ version of a Double12S you see the engine (#069 in this case):
        th_84528_IMG_1104_122_1036lo.jpg

# 040 however, is/was a SPYDER version (as shown in your post above, #17). So they covered up the engine to protect is from rain and such (I think) when driving topless. See last picture you posted (post#17).

I think that’s the leather cover that is mentioned by ‘Spyker 007’.

Niels

Comment

Ah yes, yes. I see it now
          Thanks Niels.
          Last edited by F Spider; 14-03-2023, 04:55.

Comment

At first I thought that Konig Motor in Russia was just advertising generic Spyker models, trying to get orders for the D8 Peking-to-Paris.
            But after having translated the sales text in the advertisement for a Double 12 S, our 'Chinese' #040 to be exact, I suspect that this car might indeed be up for sale. The details are quite interesting!

Translated through Google
            The unique, made in a single instance of a car - evidenced by a certificate by the manufacturer. The most powerful SPYKER today. BiTurbo V8 4.2, 550 hp, ILAC, 0 - 100km/chas - 3.4 seconds! The car manufacturer SPYKER exhibited at trade shows. The only car SPYKER removable transparent roof (made of polycarbonate) - may add shutter or protective film. The body - aluminum - color Champion Silver, Salon - skin - the color Tropikana Orange, all chrome-plated metal parts (internal and external) - hand polished aluminum. Complete Works' training before the sale, documented factory warranty from the date of purchase.

None of the pics Konig has listed show their showroom, so I have my doubts whether the car is in Russia. It might still be in China, although the pics in this thread that were made at a Chinese dealer come from a generic car portal, where car model info is shared. It wasn't a particular dealer's advertisement, so I can't really make out whether it is for sale through a Chinese dealer. In this regard, I also do not understand why the Chinese Spyker dealers do not have a website (Spyder of China is just dead?).

So, Stephan, another one for your 'For Sale'-thread?
            Last edited by F Spider; 14-03-2023, 01:15.

Comment

A few more pics of this beautiful Double12. Particularly like the last two. Great setting, good lighting, nice colours. Would have loved to take a few photos at that session

Location first 3 photos: 2006 Beijing Auto Show

Comment

Rumour has it that this car is at the factory, sold and getting a new paint job .

Comment

I like rumours
                  As long as the glass roof stays with the car.

I hope the rumour is true and that the car soon "comes out to play". It would be nice to see pictures of it, especially with the rooftop off!!

Comment

Hmmm, I love this color combination on a D12S, nobody can tell what the new color will be?
                    Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                    Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

The Tropicana interior is very striking, in my humble opinion it can only be matched with Tungsten Silver, Gunmetal, Black or maybe White...
                      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I like rumours
                        As long as the glass roof stays with the car.

I hope the rumour is true and that the car soon "comes out to play". It would be nice to see pictures of it, especially with the rooftop off!!
                        Not aware of the paintjob, but this supercharged C8 Double 12 has been sold to somebody in asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                          Not aware of the paintjob, but this supercharged C8 Double 12 has been sold to somebody in asia.
                          Please make sure that that someone sends it out to play every now and then, so that pictures can make it to the web :lol:. Even better, let that person sign-up on SO.

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                            The Tropicana interior is very striking, in my humble opinion it can only be matched with Tungsten Silver, Gunmetal, Black or maybe White...
                            A Spyker representative at the Auto Salon told me this car is going to be painted white.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                              A Spyker representative at the Auto Salon told me this car is going to be painted white.
                              Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                              I knew it :lol:
                              Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Found an article with a picture of #040.

Spyker: Dutch Pryde op de LA Autoshow » Autoblog.nl
                                Last edited by F Spider; 14-03-2023, 01:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X