Goodwood Breakfast Club, March 6, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodwood Breakfast Club, March 6, 2011

... I am planning to go to the Goodwood Breakfast Club on Sunday, March 6, 2011. The event is open to all, and is happening during 08:00-12:00. I assume, not too many of SpykerOwner.com are in the UK. I spotted Fiona & Killer on the list... Unfortunately, the motto of the month is "tax free - pre 1973 cars". That means, my Spyker will not be in the paddocks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amzamz; 02-03-2011, 17:14.

You should bring the Bugatti
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

... I am not sure. "Pre 73" means that 90% of the cars will be 1968-73. Turnout of really old cars will be very few...

Comment

Andreas don't worry about the theme. I have never been sent to the public car park in any of my cars so I'm sure you won't be.

I asume you are joining the Petrolhead Nirvana run down from Guildford on sunday morning. Just head for the main motor circuit entrance with the rest of us. Pre 73 cars will be sent to the key areas like the starting grid along the track but depending how busy the event is other interesting cars will be sent to the paddock, the gravel parking area beside the track and the tarmac parking area that the public walk past on their way from the grass car park.

Last year I took my 1969 Baja Beetle which I drove across the world and was on the starting grid on the track but this time I am taking Killer, he's not pre '73 but looks it so usually gets a spot at the historic events. However even Bachi's Ferrari 360 which is very modern went to the tarmac area beside the track and not to public parking.

By the way I will be driving more sedately than usual on sunday as I have broken the exhaust and an anti roll bar on killer! ......by more sedately I mean I might not cut down the inside of a line of waiting Ferrari's to catch you up as I did at Dad's Day Out last year

Comment

Originally posted by fiona View Post
          ... I have broken the exhaust and an anti roll bar on killer!
          My God, how did you brake the anti roll bar? Did you mount a heavy camera on it?:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
            My God, how did you brake the anti roll bar? Did you mount a heavy camera on it?:lol:
            Haha, not the ROLL bar, the ANTI - roll bar....part of the suspension set up under the car :lol:
            So more of an indication of how hard I throw the car into corners Actually it's not making too much difference, I have to give corners a bit more respect at the moment as it's a bit twitchy rather than slidey round the bends. The exhaust blow is affecting performance a little but what I really need to watch are "yumps" and bumps in the road as the exhaust is hanging even lower than usual with my bodge fixed. It's getting done properly on monday at Dreamshack.

Comment

Amz's C8 has been spotted
              Attached Files

Comment

Call the panel beater for that front spoiler, amzamaz!
                With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

:lol:

.. I am collecting a dozen dents at a time! ... I have given up labeling it with date and location. It is just too expensive to do the front splitter, and then get the next one on yet another parking lot...
                  Last edited by amzamz; 07-03-2011, 08:51.

Comment

I feel better knowing there is a method to your madness!
                    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

... but I washed the car! Did you not see that???? I am disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                        :lol:

.. I am collecting a dozen dents at a time! ... I have given up labeling it with date and location. It is just too expensive to do the front splitter, and then get the next one on yet another parking lot...
                        Amz: just buy your dream aileron with the optional 'Hydraulic Ride height elevation system (45mm)'!!
                        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

A clean Spyker....

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                          X