X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This price includes all Canadian taxes.
    Rijk

Comment

hmmm...always a catch! I know Canada taxes on cars is among the highest in the world (from my recall abt 20&#37...if my calculations are correct, that would still make the car a US equivalent of approx $220K or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
        hmmm...always a catch! I know Canada taxes on cars is among the highest in the world (from my recall abt 20&#37...if my calculations are correct, that would still make the car a US equivalent of approx $220K or so.
        You call that high tax?

It is a bargain for the Dutch and Danish people!

When you want to buy a 'normally' spec'd Spyder in The Netherlands it will cost you roughly $174k on tax.

Mind you, this is tax only, the price of the car itself is not included in the $174k.

With the taxes included the price tag is $477k over here.

Which means we have to pay roughly 58% tax on this beauty. In Denmark it is even worse.
        Last edited by F Spider; 31-01-2021, 02:50.

Comment

business opportunity

I know someone will open a Spyker rental company in Duisburg (near the Dutch border). Hahaha! With German number plates..... and 3 orange C8 Spyders! I am sure the 1,000 $ per day rate will seem very cheap! It is your choice then, either to take the car into Holland and "behave" or to go onto the German motorways...

Comment

Yet another argument for how little I paid for my baby

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
            You call that high tax?

It is a bargain for the Dutch and Danish people!

When you want to buy a 'normally' spec'd Spyder in The Netherlands it will cost you roughly $174k on tax.

Mind you, this is tax only, the price of the car itself is not included in the $174k.

With the taxes included the price tag is $477k over here.

Which means we have to pay roughly 58% tax on this beauty. In Denmark it is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
              Yet another argument for how little I paid for my baby
              The Dutch price is even worse. I made a little error this morning so I had to correct the figures in my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                I know someone will open a Spyker rental company in Duisburg (near the Dutch border). Hahaha! With German number plates..... and 3 orange C8 Spyders! I am sure the 1,000 $ per day rate will seem very cheap! It is your choice then, either to take the car into Holland and "behave" or to go onto the German motorways...
                Dutch residents are not allowed to drive around in cars with German license plates. Not even in rented cars. If you get caught, the Dutch taxes can be collected on the spot.

For a while I flew from NY to Dusseldorf and then drove to Holland in a rented car with German plates (because you can rent much more fun cars in Germany). I was stopped by the Dutch customs, and they checked me very thorough.

I'm Dutch, but I am a non-resident. That is why they let me go.
                Last edited by F Spider; 31-01-2021, 02:49.
                Rijk

Comment

The CAN price of $274 does not include Canadian Tax's. If the car was to be registered in BC then you can add 17% to the price of the car for a total of $320,580 CAN!

Comment

Dutch, Danish an Canadian prices are insane: both Denmark (5th place) and the Netherlands (7th) have one of the biggest GDP's (per capita), but taxes on cars causes residents to predominantly buy 'reasonably priced' cars. When you compare this to for instance Germany (17th), you'll see they (on average) drive more expensive cars

OT:
                    #212 at the 2010 Vancouver auto show
                    212.jpg
                    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

New price on this car $244,900 CDN
                      Still brand new!!!

Comment

image_9314.jpgimage_9315.jpg Captured by blondygirl at the 2011 Edmonton Motor Show

Comment

2012 video of #212:

https://youtu.be/vqteluLACk8
                          Scott

Comment

Updated with the photos re-linked
                            Rijk

Comment

Working...
                            X