No announcement yet.

1000 kms of Nurburgring - 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a race! And what a team effort: Two drivers who had to fight the whole race and squeezed every drop of potential out of the Spyker but in the meantime looking after her as well, and the fantastic Squadron team members, earning decive time during pitstops...

Very well done!!!
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• A fantastic result!

Great job Spyker Squadron! Congratulations!

Thanks for the play-by-play guys!

Comment

• Really fabulous results. Congratulations to all the people who are part of the Spyker Squadron, the Spyker factory and us of course

Comment

• Congratulations! It took some time, but they finally did it Is this their best result ever? Or did they score a second place before?

Can't wait until Silverstone!

Comment

• 2nd at LMS Nürburgring event in 2005 also.

Comment

• Spyker has beaten all Porsches and Aston Martins in Le Mans and Speaker has beaten all Ferraris at the Nurburgring.

It's 'official' now: Spyker Squadron is no longer in the underdog role.

Comment

• Happy people from Spyker:
                Attached Files

Comment

• Nice to see the pictures. Spyker worked so hard for it. Only one step left......
                  Rijk

Comment

• Champagne for the (almost) winners

Comment

• congratulations!

I was attending the race as a guest of Spyker.... absolutely top! And, the experience to be sitting next to the drivers, when they get lunch, or in the pit lane etc.! I will post a few pictures later. Will have to sort them out, first... I drove my own Spyker to the event and got a special parking within the circuit area. Now I am just back after 4 hours drive with a nice sunset, and then later a clear night and stars... Really fantastic, how owners are treated by the factory! Thanks!

Comment

• Race report

SNORAS SPYKER SQUADRON 2ND IN 1000 KM OF THE NURBURGRING

SNORAS Spyker Squadron took a brilliant second place in the 1000 km of the Nurburgring this afternoon. Despite starting from the back of the grid Spyker regular drivers Jarek Janis (CZE) and Tom Coronel (NLD) secured for the second time a podium place in the German Le Mans Series round.

Tom took the start of the race and immediately showed the pace already shown at Le Mans and in Portimao. After one hour of racing Tom had already managed to get into seventh place, despite being held up by a Ferrari for a while. A strong and quick first pit stop helped the team to move up into fifth place. Both drivers were extremely happy with the performance of the car and after passing another Ferrari the Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R was in fourth place.

Into the second part of the race, with Jarek behind the wheel, the gap to the top three started to shrink rapidly. Jarek started to chase down the FBR Ferrari F430 GT2 in third place and, despite nearly being hit by Danny Watts crashing his Ginetta-Zytek, the gap was down to a couple of seconds when he came in. A quick pit stop and an incredibly fast out lap resulted in third place with just under an hour and a half remaining. That changed into second place when the Team Modena Ferrari spun out into the gravel.

An interesting final hour saw Tom and Anthony Beltoise in the FBR Ferrari fighting for second place. Beltoise closed the gap but Tom defended his position successfully, until Beltoise hit the Spyker and sent it into a spin. Fortunately Tom was able to continue quickly and when Beltoise was given a stop-and-go penalty he was back in second place. A quick 'splash and dash' with just fifteen minutes left was done quick enough to stay ahead of the FBR Ferrari and Tom raced to the finish to take second place for Spyker Squadron.

Tom Coronel: "It's a dream! We really needed this and the result came at the right time! I was in a heavy fight with Beltoise when he hit me. At that moment I knew he would get a stop and go and we would be able to get back in second place. I think this was the hardest race I have ever driven. I gave everything I could, I really couldn't go faster!"

Jarek Janis: "I am very happy; it was a great weekend for us. The car was working very well. Unfortunately we had to start from the back, but during the race our lap times were pretty good and so we went to the front step by step. I have to say thanks to the team, my engineer and the mechanics, they did a great job. The car is getting better at every race and it is easy and nice to drive this car!"

Peter van Erp, Managing Director Spyker Squadron: "This is a great result for the team. The drivers really worked hard and went for it. We already showed it was possible at Portimao and after our fifth place at Le Mans. We were right there in the practice sessions and in qualifying. Due to the engine change we came from the back of the grid to second place so I am extremely happy and very proud of the drivers. My compliments for the team!"

Victor Muller, CEO Spyker Cars: "This is one of our best results ever in the Le Mans Series. It is a great year; things can not go wrong anymore. We had a fifth place at Le Mans and now a second place here at the Nurburgring. Years of hard work were finally rewarded. The car was flawless! I am extremely proud and I think the team has achieved something incredible!

Comment

• cool picture of 'our' squadron, from autoblog
                          Spyker_Squadron_Nurburgring_LMS_23.jpg
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                            I was attending the race as a guest of Spyker.... Really fantastic, how owners are treated by the factory! Thanks!
                            I fully agree. This is what is making owning a Spyker so special
                            Rijk

Comment

• impressions #1

...here are a few shots. I am afraid I am not a professional photographer. And the noise of the race does not help here
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X