Propeller style steering wheel wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
    Hi Artem - The line was probably a dozen deep before you ever joined the forum.

I don't wish to start a kerfuffle but wspeer can do whatever he likes. However it turns out, it'll be nice to see another Spyker properly adorned. :^)
    You're right friend, he can do whatever he likes of course. If you noticed, in the end of my line referring to me being the first in line I put a smile, or even a few of them. That is supposed to mean irony in a way.

Have you heard an expression: То cook a hare before catching him ? Let's not do that

And yet I have to admit, this came up in my thread, therefore ignore everything written above, the wheel is mine lol

Comment

Originally posted by a_o_w View Post
      You're right friend, he can do whatever he likes of course. If you noticed, in the end of my line referring to me being the first in line I put a smile, or even a few of them. That is supposed to mean irony in a way.

Have you heard an expression: То cook a hare before catching him ? Let's not do that

And yet I have to admit, this came up in my thread, therefore ignore everything written above, the wheel is mine lol

Hahah, nicely played! No worries, I'm not too fussed about it.

Maybe wspeer should stage a "dueling pistols at high noon" sort of show-down. Or a haiku writing competition perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
        Hahah, nicely played! No worries, I'm not too fussed about it.

Maybe wspeer should stage a "dueling pistols at high noon" sort of show-down. Or a haiku writing competition perhaps?
        A haiku writing competition seems like an elegant solution to me! At least it suggest a victory of intellect over brute force (the dueling pistols option) haha )) Anything would work as long as it is not a mortal combat kind of thing scenario )))

Meanwhile, let's not take chances and find the best available 3D printer

Comment

Im wondering when the day in the future will arrive were a wheel/hub combo is a better investment than the car itself
          Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

... there will be replicas! Are the original ones having the chassis number engraved? How will we, in the future, be able to distinguish between the original and the replica? On classic cars you pay a lot more for "matching numbers".

Comment

I don't think that a chassis number is engraved What is the wheel itself made of exactly?

Comment

The Hub is what I would guess is a aluminum/alloy material. I am guessing it was milled and finished.

The wheel is pretty neatly made. It also appears to be aluminum/alloy, however it is not light weight, so I am not sure what the actual wheel is made of. I would also guess it is milled. Then leather wrapped in an odd manner, with different over lapping styles. It then has metal caps.

Not the hardest thing to create, but by no means easy.

Comment

Originally posted by wspeer View Post
                  The Hub is what I would guess is a aluminum/alloy material. I am guessing it was milled and finished.

The wheel is pretty neatly made. It also appears to be aluminum/alloy, however it is not light weight, so I am not sure what the actual wheel is made of. I would also guess it is milled. Then leather wrapped in an odd manner, with different over lapping styles. It then has metal caps.

I see. Thank you for this update. I thought of something like this.

P.S. - pls, reply to my PM. thanks!

Comment

The hub is milled aluminum, the steering wheel is actually sand-casted aluminum.
                    Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by wspeer View Post

My friend, really looking forward to hear from you in PM. Thank you.

Comment

Hello, I there anyone who has drawings of the propeller steeringwheel and hub or wants to help me 3D scan it ?

I would like to fabricate a few .

Jasper

Comment

Originally posted by Jasperdd View Post
                          Hello, I there anyone who has drawings of the propeller steeringwheel and hub or wants to help me 3D scan it ?

I would like to fabricate a few .

Jasper
                          Let's discuss this on the owner side...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2017, 23:36.
                          Rijk

Comment

Jasper, you have a PM
                            Rijk

Comment

So much want. I hope this project can become reality.

Comment

@Jasperdd has it already become reality?
                                I am very interested...

Comment

Working...
                                X