Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts

I finally have the propeller steering wheel and four point seat belts.
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Congrats!

Yes, we could read yesterday that you had picked it up

It is so much nicer than the other one.

Can I ask, were there any 'accessories' that came with the car? Such as suitcases (often shown at shows), watch, etc?

Comment

Isn't the 4-point harness a bit of a pain in a road car ?

Comment

Yes and no. The four point seat belts compensate for the lack of the airbag.

I like to be strapped into a car tightly, it gives you a much better feel for what the car is doing around the curvy mountain roads Upstate NY.

I had four point seat belts in the Lotus Elise, and loved it. However, you have to think ahead before you strap in, since you cannot reach the controls on the dashboard.
        Rijk

Comment

But what about when you're turning out a junction and want to lean forward to see if anything's coming???

Comment

The nose of the Spyker is not that long

I have driven more than once with four point seatbelts and I never felt the need to lean forward to see other traffic. The only problem is how to reach the switches on the dash that are fitted furthest away.

Comment

What kind of steering wheel did you have on the car hitherto...? Can you order a Spyker from the factory with an unupholstered steering wheel...? If so, is the entire thing metal...?
              ZFF, SCC, XL9, WP0, ZA9, DRM...

Comment

Only the early US cars came with the propeller steering wheels under a small manufacturer exemption. After the grace period was over, they had to come up with the airbag steering wheel as standard equipment.
                Attached Files
                Rijk

Comment

That will look beautifull, as it should. Congrats

Comment

Rijk,

Now you're Spyker is really a Spyker. I absolutely love that propellor steering wheel. Although a 3 spoke steering wheel is much better for "racing" I think, that propellor steering wheel is the most classy steering wheel mankind has invented. It simply is absolutely spot on!
                    ______

Mel

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                      Only the early US cars came with the propeller steering wheels under a small manufacturer exemption. After the grace period was over, they had to come up with the airbag steering wheel as standard equipment.
                      Ah, okay, that makes sense.
                      ZFF, SCC, XL9, WP0, ZA9, DRM...

Comment

This weekend we (read Tom) will install the steering wheel. My only concern is the airbag in the standard steering wheel. We don't want to set it off and kill Tom in the process.

I don't know when we are installing the four point seat belts, because we will not go upstate for a few weekends. But when there are new pictures to show, I'm not known to keep them for myself........
                        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                          But when there are new pictures to show, I'm not known to keep them for myself........
                          Look forward to seeing them

Comment

After 4 hours of work from Tom and me standing by and helping him for an average of 4 minutes, he exchanged the steering wheel and the seat belts into what the car was meant to be. See also my post under the #107 register.
                            Attached Files
                            Rijk

Comment

All I can say is: WOW!

And: Now I need to make another testdrive in your Spyker

Comment

Working...
                              X