Ring on front grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring on front grill

Besides the more expensive parts builds i am doing, i am planning to produce a ring that goes on the front grill that is screwed on instead of glued on. Am planning to build a few if there is interest from other Spyker owners. Expect to have a price of 30-40 euro depending on the finish (probably chromeplated).
    Attached Files

Fasted project ever ! Made a stainless steel ring, welde threads on it and made a counter part.
    Attached Files

Comment

Painted the counter ring and polished the ring that is facing outwards
      Attached Files

Comment

End result and never coming off again !! Who ever thought glue would be a good solution ?
        Attached Files

Comment

I've already had mine pop off once. You are welcome to put me on the "buy" list.
          Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

I will have 3 sets, good idea, they always fall off. gone before you had a chance to notice anything

Comment

Going to fabricate 20 pieces..

What I think is strange, is that no where on the outside one can see chronoswiss details.. it would look epic if this ring would be machined like chronoswiss dials.

What would you think ?

Comment

jip, super idea

on the plain ones you could inscript the # of the car....or even the NULLA TENACI.....text

Comment

Jasper,

It would be a great option to see, but I think I would like to keep the more plain stock appearance for mine.
                  Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

Going to make 20 plain ones and a few specials :-)

Comment

That would rock - I still have to put one on #013 but curious that would look.

Comment

When you are looking at how many Spykers miss this ring; I am wondering why this ring was mounted with epoxy ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I will take one, please.

Comment

So up until now I have 13 requests for that polished ring.

Looks like the 20-30 euro target is still feasible after already sourcing the rings. Next is adding the studs and polishing.

Comment

I'm in as well Jasper, I have also had mine come off. Very fortunate that it happened in the garage and not on the road somewhere so was able to re-glue back on (for now).

Comment

Working...
                              X