C8 HARD TOP WANTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 HARD TOP WANTED

I want a hard top for a C8 2006 model, I am going on the Cannonball run and dont want to rely on the soft top. Where can i get one from ??? will pay good money for a used one even reply to rdickson@firgelliauto.com
    thanks
    Robbie Dickson
    www.CanadianBullrun.com

The hardtop was only available on the very early models, which were made by CPP. The later (wide)bodies were made by Karmann and on those you can not fit a hardtop. A 2006 Spyker will definitely have the Karmann body as the last CPP bodied Spyker is #070 if I recall correctly.
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Bullrun Rally View Post
      I want a hard top for a C8 2006 model, I am going on the Cannonball run and dont want to rely on the soft top. Where can i get one from ??? will pay good money for a used one even reply to rdickson@firgelliauto.com
      thanks
      Your soft top will be fine well beyond the factory recommendations. I did the Bullrun with it attached and we regularly in excess of (@#!) mph...

Comment

Originally posted by jpclinging View Post
        Your soft top will be fine well beyond the factory recommendations. I did the Bullrun with it attached and we regularly in excess of (@#!) mph...
        Now you tell me JP!! I was one of those idiots that would heed that little sticker warning that said "with soft top on you must keep below 100 MPH."

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
          Now you tell me JP!! I was one of those idiots that would heed that little sticker warning that said "with soft top on you must keep below 100 MPH."
          Now we know why you took off the soft top:lol::lol::lol:
          Rijk

Comment

With all due respect, I beg to differ, JP. I actually own one of those Bull Run soft tops and the top was not adequate even to normal highway speeds. It popped off and flapped on my head at about 70 mph. Thank goodness it wasn't raining, only cold. My opinion of the top was so low after that, I had mine permanently removed.
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

just to revive this thread - any developments or thoughts on a fabricator that could do a proper job of a custom built hardtop for a 2006 (089) ?

Comment

A few Spyders have been converted with a Laviolette roof, and trunklid. Some Laviolettes have removable glass panels. That would be a very elaborate way to do it.

We can ask the former CPP guys, that made the original hardtop to make a custom one for you. But I have no idea how expensive that would be. Maybe this would be better as a group buy.
                Rijk

Comment

Thanks, If there was group interest I am definitely in on this. My soft top is fully removed and in storage as I it was a pain to put up and it destroyed the beautiful lines (in my opinion). With that removal though the clips on the A pillar's and near the roll bars looks very unfinished compared to the rest of the car (due to the pin and clip location). I have looked for a fabricator that would at least make some cap's for those spots. Perfect world though I would throw on the hard top from time to time.

Comment

started this project with a friend of mine.. something different then your average hardtop ..

My Laviolette roof will be the basis of a REMOVABLE hardtop.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A Laviolette-based panel would be an amazing option. Sacrificing all the Laviolettes for the Spyders would also help our Spyder values.
                      Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

JD !!! When is that thing coming? That looks awesome.

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

This roof is a special and for that a Laviolette is no more... want to start a hardtop project for the Karmann’s based on the CPP hardtop design.

Would like to know who will be interested so we can do it as a bigger group.

Comment

Uffff, quit taking my money. Count me in. :^)

Comment

Working...
                            X