C8 Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Hardtop

If anybody has pictures of a C8 with the hardtop on then they should post pictures here! Do you guys know if the hardtop fits in the rear trunk?

The Spyker owned by Spyker 007 has a hardtop:
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think it will fit in the rear trunk.

Comment

No, it won't

Comment

I assume you have to take the hood fully off to fit it???

Comment

It looks really nice on the car. How is it with the performence of the car with that roof? I think that it will be more rigid for the car.

Comment

The removable hard top does little to the rigidity of the car, same as the Laviolette... The car was designed from the beginning to be a Spyder, so adding the top(s) does little...

I can tell you from removing both the soft AND hard tops (I had 007 for awhile) I still like the soft top... or NO top.
              Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
                The removable hard top does little to the rigidity of the car, same as the Laviolette... The car was designed from the beginning to be a Spyder, so adding the top(s) does little...

I can tell you from removing both the soft AND hard tops (I had 007 for awhile) I still like the soft top... or NO top.

Got some pictures of #007 from when you had it? If so, would you be so kind as to post them in the #007 thread?
                When and for how long are the other questions that pop into mind.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Comment

I will look for the pictures, I am pretty sure they are buried and are hard copies pre-digital...

When I worked at duPont Registry, I had Victor send it to Tampa for a number of Auto Shows. We kept it at the dR office.

That car was the reason I am as involved with the company as I am. One look and I was hooked.

The best part is whomever had it before me didn't think it ran... I charged the battery, and took and hour to figure out the starting sequence. then I removed the top (unbolted) and drove it on the transport to be delivered to the show.

Amazing how many little changes they have made over the years. Most people couldn't find the starter button because it blended into the dash. Back then they used the same button as the reverse lock-out on the shift knob.

Victor also had "007" badges on the inside of the hardtop.

I'll go look for some pics.
                  Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

The hard top look like ****. Is there another version available?

If not, what should expect tp pay to buy one of the goofy looking things?
                    Last edited by tx246; 19-03-2010, 02:45.

Comment

where can i buy a hard top for my 2006 C8 ?
                      Robbie Dickson
                      www.CanadianBullrun.com

Comment

Working...
                      X