No announcement yet.

The Saab Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I read Mr. Victor Muller's above comments on SWades blog I reported them here: SaabCentral Forums - View Single Post - Victory for Victor

I prefaced Victor Muller's comments by:
    " What a wonderful difference. Can you imagine the old owners commenting in person on a blog
    This can only be further proof of the great changes that are coming our way. "

Thank you Victor Muller, thank you Spyker.
    Cheers from near Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
      Very cool! A compliment to the Rietveld brothers, in my opinion, for having made SpykerOwner.com possible
      The compliments go out to the fans and owners on this site. They are the ones who make this community a success. The Rietveld brothers only provided the platform

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMorgan View Post
        When I read Mr. Victor Muller's above comments on SWades blog I reported them here: SaabCentral Forums - View Single Post - Victory for Victor

I prefaced Victor Muller's comments by:
        " What a wonderful difference. Can you imagine the old owners commenting in person on a blog
        This can only be further proof of the great changes that are coming our way. "

Thank you Victor Muller, thank you Spyker.
        Cheers from near Paris.
        You've collected Vic's quotes quite nicely there.

Comment

The designers at Saab have got to be related to Nostradamus in some way.. How else could you explain that the new 9-5 (first launched before Spyker was in the picture) has Turbine wheels too!! :lol::lol:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	saab 95 turbine.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	61262
          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

The turbo turbine has always been a key motif in Saab advertising and design. I'll check but the turbine style wheels have been on Saab concepts for some time.
            Two companies that share similar avaition heritage and turbos

EDIT: The Saab Aero X Concept was unveiled at the 2006 Paris Show.
            The first picture is taken at the Trollhattan Museum.
            I added the last photo of a five spoke which is from a 2003 Saab catalogue.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DavidMorgan; 03-03-2010, 15:37.

Comment

Saab should offer up a discount or package purchase for existing or soon to be owners of a Spyker...think about it...many of us, including myself, need a daily driver in addition to their beloved Spykers.

What better car than a Saab to fill the void?! Buy a Spyker, get a Saab at an X% discount!

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                Saab should offer up a discount or package purchase for existing or soon to be owners of a Spyker...think about it...many of us, including myself, need a daily driver in addition to their beloved Spykers.

What better car than a Saab to fill the void?! Buy a Spyker, get a Saab at an X% discount!
                Well, it would seem that Mr. Victor Muller is pleased with his new 9-5.
                I've been thinking about your idea and it has only positive aspects.

Saab has always had a special Diplomatic Sales department. I am familiar with this in Paris. It means that when a diplomat, whatever nationality, is on post in Paris he can contact Saab Rive Gauche and buy the car tax free but also with a substantial discount reserved for Diplomats... This is to ensure that Saabs get a good visibility in a certain society, a form of discrete passive advertising.

If a Spyker owner has the possibility to purchase a fully loaded 9-5 the Saab will be seen and as you will be very happy with it this may well result in others being sold. Obviously you would also choose to buy one for family members and maybe as company cars.

I think that you are in the best position to negotiate this but you may wish to move this subject to the Owner's forum so that the common enthusiasts don't get jealous
                David.

Comment

Hey, may entice them to be both Spyker AND Saab owners

On a more serious note, I would love to trade in my Audi A6 for something Saab has to offer as my 3rd car.

Well, it would seem that Mr. Victor Muller is pleased with his new 9-5.
                  I've been thinking about your idea and it has only positive aspects.

Saab has always had a special Diplomatic Sales department. I am familiar with this in Paris. It means that when a diplomat, whatever nationality, is on post in Paris he can contact Saab Rive Gauche and buy the car tax free but also with a substantial discount reserved for Diplomats... This is to ensure that Saabs get a good visibility in a certain society, a form of discrete passive advertising.

If a Spyker owner has the possibility to purchase a fully loaded 9-5 the Saab will be seen and as you will be very happy with it this may well result in others being sold. Obviously you would also choose to buy one for family members and maybe as company cars.

I think that you are in the best position to negotiate this but you may wish to move this subject to the Owner's forum so that the common enthusiasts don't get jealous
                  David.

Comment

Here is an interview with Henrik Fisker, published in 'Swedish magazine auto motor och sport'. Interesting man, with his electric vehicles coming up (Karma). I'm a small fan because he is responsible for finishing the db9's design. But here's what he has to say on Saab.

A different track. Saab is a small car manufacturer that is also trying to survive on his own feet. What do you think about Saab's possibilities?

"When I was small my relatives were Saab drivers , I grew up with Saab. But sadly the brand has lost it's character. The toughest thing for Saab is to survive the 4-5 years before they are coming with completely new and exciting products."

What do you think about Spyker's owner?

"The best thing of Spyker is that they are not normal. Spykers are not like other supercars. I know Victor Muller and he is not completely normal. That is very good for Saab! But Saab has to be much different or else they have no right of existence"
                    Last edited by IVR007; 05-03-2010, 12:59.
                    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Illustrated history of Saab motor cars.

In yesterday's edition of AutoBild.de there is an article of limited interest about an idea for a 9-1.
                      But if you skip the first two pictures you will discover 79 more excellent photos illustrating the history of Saab.
                      I can't understand German ... but I'm sure that won't be a problem for most of you.

Saab 9-1 für 2013 - Mit dem 9-1 aus der Krise - News - autobild.de

Cheers,
                      David

Comment

In yesterday's edition of ...
                        Cheers,
                        David
                        I like this one! it is almost a piece of art!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Geneva Video from UK's Car Magazine.

This video praises the "fabulous" Geneva Motor Show and covers many subjects but be sure to see from 11"40 secs when Gavin Green starts applauding Victor Muller as being "the most enthusiastic person in the industry" Praise for all he has done to save Saab and mention of VM's plans for a new small Saab

Geneva motor show 2010 videos | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online

Home page player

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                            This is Mr. Saab also known as "Erik Carlsson on the roof"
                            Saab's finest rally driver earned a reputation for rolling cars and ending up on the roof

You will find an interesting article here: Hemmings Auto Blogs » Blog Archive » Grattis pĂ„ 80-Ă„rsdagen, Carlsson pĂ„ taket!

Cheers.

Comment

Best pic of the week!!

Originally posted by amzamz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                                I know Victor Muller and he is not completely normal.
                                Hahaha! :lol:

I think that is the best compliment you can get from your peers!

That's why his cars are so awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X