Articles about Spyker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
    Plus it states that there is a spyker there (with Russian plates) that has been damaged. So that must be the double 12?
    When we were at the factory during the SpykerOwner forum visit there were three Double 12's. One of these was the bi-color (Duo-Penotti) one. This one has Russian plates, so I think this is the one briefly mentioned in the article. The article states: "a crashed Spyker with Russian plates". Did anybody actually notice during the visit that this Double 12 was crashed? To be honest I did not see this one very well because my attention was on the Gold / Black Double 12 so I only looked at the Russian one briefly but in my memory it was not crashed. During the visit it was mentioned that there was a third Double 12at the factory. This one was to be build up again on an existing chassis if I remember correctly. If that Double 12 in the article was indeed severely crashed then it could also be this one I guess but I don't recall this one having (Russian) plates. In fact the only thing I saw was some black bodywork...
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• Here is the TG article: Topgear.com

It takes some clicking to read the full article, but it's worth it.

You either get the Aileron, or you don't. It's showy and a bit cartoony and slightly mental. But it's also brilliant, and incredible, and life-affirming. And I know what would mean more to me in the long run. Hooray for the Spyker Aileron. It's a very TopGear kind of car.
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Great photos and article! Hopefully the Aileron will be on the Top Gear TV show soon

Comment

• Didn't get to read it until today. LOVE this article. Sums up everything that makes me want to own a Spyker. Someday...[sigh]

Comment

• That photo of the Aileron drifting in the dirt doesn't show the cliff about 10 feet out of frame! It was a fun photo shoot!!

Comment

• I tend to agree with Ford's assessment of the Aileron. I find the C8 Spyder "just right" (as opposed to 'too hard') and the Aileron a bit "too civilized" . . . I am mystified by this "market research" every time I hear about it . . . they weren't asking me!
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• ... I have done the Apache trail several times, but never with a Spyker. I asked Dan (SpykerX3) and he was tempted, but the timing wasn't right... and now my job in Phoenix is over.

The stretch from Apache junction to Roosevelt Lake is mostly gravel road. Quite bumpy and worn out at times, with those ripples you get if trucks go over it 100x... The landscape is truely spectacular! I'd love to do it once with a C8 Spyder! The best stretch for that in my opinion is the paved section from Apache junction all the way up the mountain until the gravel starts...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                  Fine tuning still? I hope not. I thought CPP has started production a while ago? Shouldn't the first production cars be just about ready for delivery?
                  Okay, I hate to bring this up again, but where are the production Ailerons? back in this thread there were a bunch of press releases (see pages 4 and 5) stating that production had began, way back on February 10! And the old C8 is down to a mere trickle these days. We've only seen like two or three 2010's.

I know the Saab deal has taken a lot of resources these days, but shouldn't CPP have turned out at least a couple cars by now?

Comment

• I know recently quite a few new C8 spyder and laviolettes have been build and delivered to customers. When they go directly to customers, they are never visible to us, so that explains a gap between our register and the actual production.

Production at CPP has definitely been lagging, I have no idea how many cars are being build right now. But the first one, a silver-white aileron with turquoise interior will be delivered in July.
                    Last edited by IVR007; 16-06-2010, 19:39.

Comment

• Spyker Ramping Up Production

Spyker is targeting deliveries of 250 C8 Ailerons in 2012,

read more here: article
                      Last edited by SpykerOwner; 17-06-2010, 12:03. Reason: broken link fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidMorgan View Post
                        This link doesn't work
                        Louis

Comment

• Link has now been fixed

Comment

• I did a small interview with World of Wheels magazine about Spyker and the issue just hit the stands! This magazine is a small Canadian company and is hard to find so I will post scaned copy's of the issue. I must thank Hans Rietveld for getting me intouch with the writer Carolyn Gruske!

This is a very good article about Spyker/Saab and the Canadian market!!!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Great pictures,.. Ryhno,..to bad they did not used photo's of #171 as iustration by your interview...

Comment

• Nice article, I like it. Well balanced, about both Spyker and Saab.

Comment

Working...
                                X