No announcement yet.

The Saab Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... the finances Spyker needs to continue will be coming from the "noise" in the Saab finances. I guess it is going to be less than 1% of the Saab budget...

.. in addition, Spyker Saab could sell out the Spyker brand to Antonov in a years's time! Nobody would object to that...

I am really curious what is going to happen in the coming 12 months!

Comment

I am not concerned. Of course the focus will be on Saab to make the company profitable within a couple of years. But on the other hand the C8 Aileron is brand new and finished. And the Aileron Spyder is almost finished.

And personally I won't be surprised if Spyker (read: CPP) will actually produce 100 Ailerons this year. The only Spyker that might suffer from the new focus might be the D8.

Just my 2p

Comment

Victor Muller ready to drive home from Sweden.

"Outside Saab Automobile´s factory in Trollhättan, Sweden, Muller, CEO of Spyker Cars was handed the keys to a top-of-the-line Saab 9-5 sedan by Saab Automobile CEO Jan Åke Jonsson. It is part of an all-new 9-5 product range which will go on sale later this year.

“I am delighted to take delivery of this stunning new car ahead of our customer orders," said Muller, CEO of Spyker Cars NV, which yesterday completed the acquisition of Saab Automobile AB from General Motors. “The 9-5 will be the first of three exciting new Saab cars which we plan to launch in the next 16 months"

Muller´s car, powered by a 300 hp 2.8L V6, with all-wheel-drive, adaptive chassis control, a head-up information display, a lane departure warning camera and surround sound hi-fi, will spearhead the most sophisticated model range Saab has ever produced."
        Proud new owner: Victor Muller takes delivery of a new Saab, just 24 hours after completing the purchase of Saab Automobile AB - Saab Newsroom
        Attached Files

Comment

I just spoke to Victor, he was on his way back to Holland in his new Saab. His son was doing all the driving. Victor sounded very pleased with the new 9-5.
          Rijk

Comment

Mr. Victor Muller posted this comment ...

"the ride home was a blast.we experienced the 9-5 at its best driving thru a serious snow storm.the winter tyres did their job really well as did the XWD.i will have the beautiful 19' wheels mounted this week.nothing but thumbs up along the way and not just from saab drivers.what a great new product to start New Saab with."

... on the Saab blog: Victor Muller picks up his Saab 9-5 - Saabs United

Comment

Thanks for posting. It looks like the new Saab 9-5 has a lot of potential.

Comment

According to Saabs United Saab is going to present 'something new' at the Geneva car show. The Geneva Car Show website says it will be a Saab concept car. Whether this is true isn't exactly sure, as Saab people said there will be something new, but not necissarily a concept car. Naturally, they may as well have been bluffing, so what they're going to present is anyone's guess really.

Read more about it here: Saab at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show - Saabs United

Very exciting news, will it really be a concept car, will it be the 9-5 sports combi? Will it be a 9-3 mock-up? (some suggest it's in a much further progressed state of development than is widely believed) Whatever it is going to be, we'll know all about it in just a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                  I just spoke to Victor, he was on his way back to Holland in his new Saab. His son was doing all the driving. Victor sounded very pleased with the new 9-5.
                  Than I just missed him, I drove past Trolhättan yesterday. Anyone knows whether our bottle has been 'popped' already?
                  The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Saab at Geneva Motor Show

Guess who will be piloting this car in the "Mille Miglia"

Saab is celebrating its first major victory in international motor sport by showing a replica of the Saab 93 sedan which won the Finnish 1,000 Lakes Rally in 1957.

Powered by a 748 cc, three cylinder engine, but weighing only 810 kilos, the Saab 93's agile handling enabled it to embarrass far more powerful, larger cars. It established a winning 'David beats Goliath' formula that was to be a cornerstone of Saab's rallying success.

The Saab 93 is now about to see competition action again. The car on show - from Saab's car museum in Trollhättan, Sweden - will be driven by Spyker Cars CEO Victor Muller on Italy's historic Mille Miglia road race in May. He will be joined by Saab Automobile CEO Jan Åke Jonsson at the wheel of another Saab 93. Both will be following, at a more leisurely pace, in the wheel tracks of the 1000 Lakes winner, which won its class on the same event back in 1957.

"Unique cars like the 93 are a key part of the Saab brand's wonderful heritage," said Victor Muller "I shall enjoy driving it and being able to share in some of Saab's history."
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DavidMorgan; 01-03-2010, 20:10. Reason: Credits: http://saab.skynetblogs.be/

Comment

How is that!

Comment

Indeed very

Comment

Some info from Geneva;
                          In week 12 production of the all-new 9-5 starts at Trolhättan. ( Est. prod. 2010: 20,000)
                          Next year, the 9-5 sport estate and th 9-4x will be presented.
                          In 2012 a new 9-3.
                          In 2013 or 2014 a compact new car, the 9-2 ( based on the original 92).

Comment

News from VM at Geneva

Beneath is a " bing translation" of an article from Muller vill ta nya Saab till börsen - Saab - Start - www.ttela.se

2010-03-01 today begins the big car exhibition in Geneva, which becomes Spykers and Victor Mullers first in the role as the owner of Saab. Victor Muller was present in Saab-booth yesterday evening and told TTELA that it is jump-started awaits new Saab.
                            – In the short term, it is about to implement our 100-day plan. There are a number of clear milestones in says Muller.
                            He faces major challenges, but also great opportunities. It considers the Dutchman itself and become a little extra excited when he looks to the Saab--booth and continue:
                            To See what we get for your money. For 74 million dollars, we are a company where the new 9-5 is available, where the new 9-4 x exists and where AeroX is located. If the job has already been done, it would certainly have required one billion euro to reverse it.
                            Victor Muller is surprised that not more people saw the possibilities which he himself sees. However, understand the logic of GM, he chose to release the Saab.
                            – Saab belonged not GM's core tags and the situation became GM had no choice.
                            In the year count Victor Muller with that Saab should sell--50 000 to 60 000 cars, of which 20 000 will be the new 9-5 model.
                            The longer-term goal is to get back at levels over 100 000.
                            The next 60 days will probably also be decisive for the future Saab Spyker share; Amsterdam, where the Spyker share is quoted today, is probably not the correct place of residence in the future, think Victor Muller.
                            — Why should it be recorded in Amsterdam when 99.5% of operations is in Sweden, and the remainder in England? Stockholm is a more logical location for this share, says Muller, who see a departmental share.
                            On the owner page was Russian, Vladimir Antonov get off in order to allow for the affair between GM and Spyker. -Victor Muller would like to see him return in the company and the information on the Antonovs criminal associations.
                            – Where are the facts behind this wonder Muller, who claim to have examined the Russians when he joined Spyker 2007 without finding something remarkable.
                            Victor Muller also says that he is the immediate future will complement the new Saab-Board, which he himself is the President, with at least four new names.
                            So far consists of the Chief Executive only jurist Kristina Geers, CEO Jan Åke Jonsson and the representatives of the unions.
                            Victor Muller myself will spend much time in Trollhättan and contribute not least entrepreneurship in new Saab.
                            However, emphasizing the Dutchman, there is still a clear distinction between his own role and CEO Jan Åke Jonsson 's.
                            – Jan Piotr is President and leads the company and it will stay. My role is to be the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Saab and from a Spyker perspective help Saab with entrepreneurship, says Victor Muller

Comment

Victor mentions us at Saabsunited.com when he travelled back from Sweden in his brand new Saab 9-5 (hope his son was behind the wheel when Victor wrote this )

Originally posted by Victor Muller
                              communicating with the "boss" of a manufacturer should be normal,not exceptional.at spykerowner.com we have section where any owner can write to me directly.i intend to create something similar for saab owners.there are a few more out there than spyker owners but the message is the same: you can communicate with the company's management directly.watch this space.and saabisti, buy a new saab now.we love your business,and we need it now more than ever to grow Saab and make it prosper.thanks for hanging in there.vic

Comment

Very cool! A compliment to the Rietveld brothers, in my opinion, for having made SpykerOwner.com possible

Comment

Working...
                                X