Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85 thread

Pressrelease: Spyker Cars N.V., manufacturer of exclusive premium sports cars, proudly presents the Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85, a limited edition of the road version of its GT2 Le Mans Racecar. The Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85 will be built as a limited edition of 24 units maximum, and will be available in both left and right hand drive.

The LM85 is an advanced mid-engine, two-seat sports car. It is characterized by a lightweight all aluminum body construction and an uncompromising engineering package. The powertrain of the LM85 is the all aluminum Audi 4.2 liter V8 engine producing 400 bhp. This is paired to a manual six-speed Getrag gearbox, driving the rear wheels with a Drexler limited slip differential. ABS is standard. The use of aluminum parts and other lightweight materials results in an impressive power-to-weight ratio and underlines the GT2 racing heritage of the car.

Exterior
    Based on the Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R, the racing characteristics of the LM85 are numerous, such as the all aluminum chassis, GT2 livery (Burnt Almond Orange with Gun Metal ‘S’ logo), side mirrors in body color, a carbon fiber rear spoiler, and GT2 windscreen streamer. Behind the black powder coated alloy wheels, black AP Racing 6 piston brake calipers with AP Racing logo appear. The LM85 can optionally be equipped with Le Mans sticker sets as well as a customised LM85 car cover.

Interior
    The ample use of black leather and alcantara, which is originally meant to reduce light reflection during racing, has been finished with orange contrast stitching and characterizes the unique interior of the LM85. The dashboard instrument panel is made of turned aluminum. Each car will feature a personalised LM85 serial plaque. On request, Chronoswiss dials and switches can be installed and are virtually identical to the Chronoswiss 24Hours Pilot Watch every LM85 owner receives with his car. The black floor mats are made of fire protective material, finished with orange piping and the LM85 logo embroidered.

Extra features
    As mentioned above, every LM85 owner receives a special edition Spyker Chronoswiss 24H Pilot Watch with orange crocodile strap. The serial number of the car will be engraved on the case of this exquisite time piece. Additionally, all LM85 owners are offered an exclusive Spyker VIP Hospitality weekend at the 24H of Le Mans in 2009.

It is not clear how many LM85's have been built exactly but it is believed it is considerable less than the planned 24 LM85's. Edit (16-12-2020): 14 have been build.

Here's a list of all known LM85's so far (please feel free to add!):

XL9BA11G69Z363149 - Attended the AutoVisie Supercar Paddock at the AutoRai april 2009 and was photographed by forum member JoeD. This LM85 also took part in the 24 hours of Le Mans parade in june of the same year. This one has been built in october 2008. According to the annual report of 2008 only two LM85's were completed in 2008, so this is either the first or the second LM85 that was built. Edit: This one is now (april 2012) for sale and has the LM85 01 plaque, so this is actually the first LM85. First owner of this LM85 was Antonov who used the car mainly in Lithuania.

XL9BA11G89Z363184 - This is the only RHD LM85. Delivered to Broughtons, the official Spykerdealer of G.B. at the time. Edit: There seems to be a second, yet unidentified, RHD LM85 (see post nr. 20 by IVR007 of this thread) Edit: The other RHD car is #218. According to Jeremy Cottingham who has #184 for sale at the moment, this is LM85 buildnumber #08.

XL9BDBAG4CZ363218 - Never spotted in the flesh, but pictured in the annual report of 2009 and found there by forum member IVR007. Edit: Spotted by forum member netburner at the "Dream Cars for Wishes" special exhibition at the Brussels Motorshow januari 2013. Currently for sale at SuperVettura. Car is a RHD and appears to be LM #05. Edit: LM #15.

XL9BA11G99Z363226 - This LM85 is the 4th one built and was completed in february 2009 according to the VIN sticker. Was initially delivered to Elder Automotive Group / Spyker of Tampa Bay in the U.S. Found on CarFax by forum member Netburner. Titled in Florida. Delivered with normal aeroblade wheels instead of the LM85 standard black ones.

XL9BA11G09Z363227 This is LM85 #03. Once for sale at Steve Foley / Spyker of Chicago where this LM85 was visited and photographed by forum member Mattjs33. Found an American owner.

XL9BA11G49Z363229 - Distributed to Suburban Motors INC. / Spyker of Troy. According to the VIN sticker it was build in March 2009. This LM85 is still in the U.S. This turns out to be LM #05.

XL9BA11G09Z363230 - 6th LM85 according to the badge on the dashboard. Shipped to Expo Motorcars / Spyker of Houston in the U.S. Sold to a customer in the U.S.

XL9BA11G29Z363231 - 7th LM85 according to Troostwijk, who auctioned this LM85 july 2013. Spotted at the Nuerburgring LMS Spyker event, 22 and 23 august 2009. Now owned by forum member Oleg.

XL9BA11G69Z363233 - This LM85 was delivered to Newport European Motorcars LTD. after being displayed at the Los Angeles Auto Show from 21 to 30 november 2008 and this LM85 found an American owner. This LM85 does not have the badge on the dashboard. This should be LM85 #02 according to the fact that it was first spotted in 2008, just after #149 made it's worldwide debut in Jeddah.

XL9BABAG5AZ363234 - This LM85 went to Craig Zinn Automotive Group / Spyker of Miami and has been for sale for a very long time but is currently owned by forummember Markp. No badge on the dashboard but this is LM85 build number 09. Model Year 2010 with passenger airbag.

XL9BABAG7AZ363235 - This is another MY 2010 LM85. Displayed at Geneva Motor Show 2010. Built september 2009 according to the VIN sticker. This one has the ugly, euh I mean the pedestrian friendly mirrors without the blinkers. As it turns out, this is LM no. 10.

XL9BABAG4AZ363239 - This LM85 was spotted by forum member ToniF40 with Russian plates. Manufactured october 2009 and therefore also MY 2010. This is LM no. 14, and was initially for sale at König Motor Club
    • #149 = LM85 no. 01
    • #233 = LM85 no. 02
    • #227 = LM85 no. 03
    • #226 = LM85 no. 04
    • #229 = LM85 no. 05
    • #230 = LM85 no. 06
    • #231 = LM85 no. 07
    • #184 = LM85 no. 08
    • #234 = LM85 no. 09
    • #235 = LM85 no. 10
    • #239 = LM85 no. 14
    • #218 = LM85 no. 15
    Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 16-12-2020, 22:48. Reason: Changed amount of LM85's built from 15 to 14
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Might be fun to place f.e. country and #/24 in this register as well. Too bad there's not a single LM85 owner on board.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Feel free to correct, but by my records, #226, #227, #229, #230, #233 and #234 are all in the U.S., with #234 having the distinction of being the only MY2010 LM85 in the U.S., and one of the very few U.S. MY2010's overall.

Comment

Furthermore, is it correct that #184 is the only RHD LM85?

Comment

Corrext x2. There is one more LM85 on UK plates but that's a factory demonstrator. And there is Antonov's LM85...

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
            Might be fun to place f.e. country and #/24 in this register as well. Too bad there's not a single LM85 owner on board.
            You missed one (but he hasn't posted)

Comment

...And there is Antonov's LM85...
              Thanx IVR! That would be this one:

LM 85 in vilnius.jpg

Looks to be a Model Year 2010 but hard to tell if we allready have this one in the list...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                Feel free to correct, but by my records, #226, #227, #229, #230, #233 and #234 are all in the U.S., with #234 having the distinction of being the only MY2010 LM85 in the U.S., and one of the very few U.S. MY2010's overall.
                Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                You missed one (but he hasn't posted)
                Thanx for the ideas / additons! I tried to integrate these in the first post, hope you like

Comment

New one? (with plate on dash, but with non-black alloys)

[ATTACH]10429[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10430[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10431[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10432[/ATTACH]

Parked next to a Fisker, so maybe Chris or Mark know which VIN this is.

Captured by Bryce

Comment

high res pic shows this:

innisbrook candc.jpg

Could be #238?

Comment

I think this is actually #226 from Spyker of Tampa Bay...

Comment

I think so too, as #226 had the "normal" in stead of the black wheels.

Comment

Found it: still for sale at Tampa

Comment

IVR pointed me in this direction First select Spyker Corporate Photos and than take a closer look at Factory-14:

You will see the production line with some LM85's in different stages of completion, you can also see the station- and the VIN numbers on the different stations:

Stage 1/2: #237
                            Stage 3/4: #235
                            Stage 5/6: #234
                            Stage 7/8: #184
                            Stage 9/10: #231

Factory-14p.jpg

Which could indicate that the built order is: #231, #184, #234, #235 and #237 (IF this is an LM85 which is not sure). The date on the photo is may 19th 2009 and we know that LM no. 4 (#226) was built februari 2009 according to the VIN sticker and LM no. 6 is #230, which is not in this photograph, so the ones that are, were built after no. 6 (because these 5 shown on the photograph could not have been built between LM no.4 and no. 6) Assuming the LM 85's were built according to their LM no. I am not sure how long it takes to complete the built of an LM85 but I think these were built not long after #230 and could therefore be LM no. 7 till no. 11. I know #184 does have the LM badge on the dash...

Comment

Thanks for your post LavioletteGT2R. Maybe I can add something else.

#231 was a factory demonstrator. As such, I think it was this car that did a small press tour in Sweden after the Saab acquisition. Here is an example of a test drive. One of the picture shows this:

Showing that this one is #07/24. So I think #231 is 07/24: confirming your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X