Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Spyder

Hi all, first post so please be gentle.

I have a new unregistered C8 I am trying (in vain) to get registered here in the UK.

My main issue at this point is the headlights are not CE marked..

looking at them they look a bit like DB7 headlights, I have one and they look very similar.

can anyone tell me if they are a shared part with another car, or can I get a set of CE marked lights?

Cheers in advance.

Are you going through an SVA process? I thought so long as they dip ok (not to the right), and self level (if HID) then they pass - do they specifically say they want to see the CE mark? Might be worth getting an importer to help (lots do US car imports and are good at the SVA 'process') or go to a Spyker dealer like Supervettura who may lend you a pair...

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase of a Spyker C8, and welcome to the forum!

Do you have a new unregistered one or an older one that has never been registered before? I am asking because Spyker used different types of headlights.

The first headlights (till and including VIN #070) were made in house from existing VW headlights if I'm not mistaken which were altered to fit the Spyker C8. Later ones (from VIN number #082 and onwards) were made by a third party, if I recall correctly, exclusively for Spyker.
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

its a 2008 C8 Spyder, unregistered (15 miles on the clock).

I am in the UK, sorry I meant to say "E" marked.

I work for a garage and we have this one, and are trying to register it so that we can sell it.

Comment

I have contacted SuperVettura, cheers for the heads up, I think i might be sorted.

Comment

What is the VIN? RHD? and how much?! You may get interest on here..

Comment

its number 243 Right hand drive, yet to be registered (obviously lol) £185k

Cheers

Comment

Tommy Wareham from SuperVettura is a nice chap with a lot of Spyker experience.

Comment

Originally posted by j4mou1 View Post
                  its number 243 Right hand drive, yet to be registered (obviously lol) £185k

Cheers
                  Thanks I'll keep an eye on it...

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                    Tommy Wareham from SuperVettura is a nice chap with a lot of Spyker experience.
                    I ended up dealing with James Sheriff, he was great very easy to deal with, fingers crossed we get sorted and get it registered.

Comment

I would have thought that you can register about anything in the UK
                      Rijk

Comment

you can, however it has to meet certain criteria, and headlights are one of those.

Comment

Spyker C8 Spyders and Laviolettes are compliant to EU regulation. Also several Spykers have been registered in the UK. I am confused why you need to go through an individual registration approval process for #243.

Comment

no idea, but its a total mare! luckily I managed to talk to the CEO of Spyker and he has put me in touch with someone that is helping!! thankfully

Comment

Are you making progress?
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X