X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your first car

Attached Files
    Rijk

My first one was a VW Beetle built in 1970.

Same spec and colour as this one:
    Attached Files

Comment

Man I loved that car! Bad driver smashed into the front of it as I was sitting at a stop sign..

Comment

Here is my 1980 Pontiac Firebird Formula that I got a week before my 16th birthday; I'm 38 now, and I still have it! Originally it was a 301ci/automatic car, now it has a 4-speed with a 461ci (that's 7.6 liters for those across the pond) Pontiac V8 with a stroker crank. It made 480hp on the dyno when we completed it. These days it mostly sees action at track days (the picture is turn 7 at Road America), but I take it out for the occasional cruise.

The car's shortcomings are the 4-speed and the 70's-era brake and chassis. It's a factory 4-wheel-disc car (very rare for Formulas), but compared the the new cars I run against, I just can't go into the corners as deep. The C5/C6 Corvettes with their 3.73 rear axle and 6-speeds get off the corners so much harder and top out much faster. Still, it gets to 140 mph at 6000 rpm in top gear (the stock cylinder heads won't let it spin any higher), and I've lapped Road America at 2:45. It has surprised more than its share of BMW, 911, and Corvette drivers. Fun car!
        Attached Files

Comment

My fist car...that's a very long time ago. I started as a pennyless student with a sensible but boring dark bleu VW Golf II. Crashed it skidding on snow agains a tree...and then bought my second Golf II.

Comment

My first car was a 1987 BMW 316 coupe (E30) running on LPG.
            Bought for fl.200,- (€90)
            I doubled the value by adding a radio/CD.

Had so much fun with that car. Well balanced, stunning driver. (Not a fast sprinter, but serious fast cornering. No need to brake... )
            Unfortunately the headgasket blew after a year.

Jeffrey

Edit: Exactly like this car!! http://www.autoweek.nl/myreviewauto.php?id=21294

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
              My first car was a 1987 BMW 316 coupe (E30).
              Jeffrey
              I almost forgot about that car. I had the same model (E30) in 323i version, extensively tuned by v.d. Hengel (?) in Amsterdam. It turned into a "327i". No end of engine (tuner) trouble with that car.
              Rijk

Comment

My first car was a lease car for work, a wine red Ford Fiesta Diesel, what I liked most about it?? ehm nothing I guess

I drove it for 10 months and than I bought a Citroen Saxo 1.4 on LPG (G3, 40.000 km), had a lot of fun with it, I drove another 120.000 km with it and than sold it.
                Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

My first car was a

Year of make was 1985 and it was in white. And yes, it had a 1.1 engine
                  ______

Mel

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                    My fist car...that's a very long time ago. I started as a pennyless student with a sensible but boring dark bleu VW Golf II. Crashed it skidding on snow agains a tree...and then bought my second Golf II.
                    Wouter, you never learn do you . Buying two Golfs one after the other :lol:
                    ______

Mel

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Bonkers View Post
                      Wouter, you never learn do you . Buying two Golfs one after the other :lol:
                      ...I haven’t owned a Alfa yet…that's something to be ashamed of ...

Comment

Working...
                      X