No announcement yet.

Guess the part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no, i just drove it to show the guy how it was supposed to be handled. It looked completely stock except the pipes. I never did look under the hood. I had my GTR out there and while I was able to turn a faster lap time with the GTR, the R8 pulled really really hard. I think with time the R8 would have been considerably faster. He added all the HP but didn't touch the brakes--which is the FIRST thing I upgrade on my track cars. He said he had DOT 5 in there but I doubt that because the pedal got really really soft one me quickly. I had to remind him that anyone can go fast in a straight line! In that case, the brakes are less important.

Comment

• You should not use DOT 5 fluid in a track car, as it is silicone based and will result in a spongy pedal. I use Motul RBF600, it has been faultless. Castrol SRF is also good. At the very least stick to a DOT 4 fluid.

Comment

• Actually DOT 4.1 is the better braking fluid (Higher boiling point than DOT 4). DOT 5 is not better.
        Rijk

Comment

• Yeah, I use the Motul as well. He told me Dot 5 so that is what I reported. I'm not sure what Dot 5 was designed for.

Comment

• Generally DOT 5 is used in collector cars that are stored for periods of time because it doesn't attract moisture, thus prolonging the life of the brake system components. Also I've heard of it used in motorcycle and snowmobile applications to keep the brake action from being too "grabby".

Comment

• Thanks for that! I have a few things items that could use some DOT5 I guess!

Comment

• Guess the part
                Attached Files
                Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                  Guess the part
                  Leg,

right one to be precise.

Looks painful what happend?

Comment

• the leg hit the exhaustpipe...
                    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• Looks like erythema of the skin caused by a (first degree) burn if you ask me.
                      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                        the leg hit the exhaustpipe...
                        Ding, ding, we have a winner. You can even see the Tenaci text......
                        Rijk

Comment

• The leg is of my youngest son Alex. I picked him up from soccer camp after a spirited one and a half hour drive through the country side. He was putting his luggage in the trunk
                          Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                            The leg is of my youngest son Alex. I picked him up from soccer camp after a spirited one and a half hour drive through the country side. He was putting his luggage in the trunk
                            Let's see how many Lawyers call you about this..

Comment

• Ouch, poor guy! It does make for some of the more interesting body art I've seen in a while, though
                              Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

• Do they still brand women over there?

Comment

Working...
                                X