New Owner - 2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner - 2 questions

Hello, i recently purchased #096 but don't have the manual and have a few questions:

a) Do i really have to turn the key in the glove box every time i want to start the car or is there a way to automate that?

b) my car seems hesitant to start. It eventually starts but takes a few seconds holding down the start button. Is that normal or should i look at replacing a battery or something else?

Welcome and congratulations with your new Spyker.

You don't have to turn the key. It is basically a keyless start. Having the key in the glove compartment should be enough. It doesn't need to be in the ignition at all. Most likely the battery in the key is dead. If you replace the battery, the car should start when you have the key with you and press the start button.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion now any info on how to get to the battery and what kind to replace it with and would they have it at like autozone?

Comment

One of the owners will probably have an answer to that question. Just hang in there.

Comment

A new battery will prevent many little problems.

I have a few links for you. Cannot find the battery number right now, but the specs are in the first link.

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/sho...hlight=battery
          Last edited by F Spider; 19-10-2014, 14:57.
          Rijk

Comment

Thanks, followed the directions but they must have put extra things and pipes in the battery box when they ran the supercharger. Didn't feel comfortable disconnecting those so gonna take it to a mechanic and see if they can do it

Comment

Replacing the battery of the car is a wise thing to do. But don't forget to replace the battery in the ignition key. That replacement is needed for the keyless start.

Comment

Originally posted by trixxtel View Post
                Do i really have to turn the key in the glove box every time i want to start the car or is there a way to automate that?
                IIRC, you can reset the Audi key by holding the two outermost buttons for 5 seconds, close to, but not in the lock.
                Rijk

Comment

Eveything works now, replaced all batteries. Seems like i have to leave the key out completely for keyless entry. Does every spyker have an audi key and another remote on it besides the spyker fob or did someone add an aftermarket alarm to it?

Comment

The alarm key fob on the Audi key is from the Clifford alarm system, so it goes with the car.
                    Rijk

Comment

The Clifford Fob replicates the Spyker one - opens doors (* and ** button) and locks/unlocks. At least that's what mine does!!

Comment

I am very familiar with your car as I was consulted on the supercharger install when it was done in Houston. If you should have any other questions on the car please feel free to call me, 323-781-8350
                        Chris Mora
                        323-781-8350
                        chris.mora@gmail.com.com

Comment

Working...
                        X