No announcement yet.

#901 - C8 Aileron Prototype (mule)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the mule is spotted again testing in the Netherlands. And it now had regular Dutch (yellow) plates!

Can't wait to see the production version!

Comment

they took a perfectly good looking car and completely ruined it with that insanely stupid colored top. wow. i think i just vomited in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
        they took a perfectly good looking car and completely ruined it with that insanely stupid colored top. wow. i think i just vomited in my mouth.
        Very professional way of folding that top too
        Rijk

Comment

That doesn't matter, this is just a mule. What counts is what kind of technique it is hiding

Comment

well, i'm on record... this car is U G L Y. It just seems awkward with that disproportionately long rear.

Comment

The mule has been spotted again.

Pics courtesy of GuySie of Flickr.com

Comment

Hmm does this mean the Aileron will be a hairdressers car

PS For our English speaking friends the mule is spotted in front of a hairdresser.

Comment

It seems the guys at Spyker are getting a lot of miles on this car. I spotted the "mule", making beautiful noises, yesterday in my hometown Zeist.

Comment

I got some seat time in this car... Although it might not be pretty, it is VERY functional...
                    Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                      well, i'm on record... this car is U G L Y. It just seems awkward with that disproportionately long rear.

Of course it is UGLY. They didn't call it a "Test UNICORN"
                      Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Is there news available about the start of production concerning the C8 Aileron or its final shape?

Comment

point taken!

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
                          Of course it is UGLY. They didn't call it a "Test UNICORN"
                          So when is the test unicorn going to rear its horn?

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                            Is there news available about the start of production concerning the C8 Aileron or its final shape?
                            This is all I know Wouter, it's not really news but I hope it's helpfull:

Spyker used a clay model to finalize the shape of the production Aileron. This proces was finished in august. After the design is "frozen" nothing can be changed anymore and at this point the company that makes the bodyparts, I think this will be Karmann, can start making these panels. I don't know if the technical side of the Aileron is also completed? Maybe Spyker are still testing things like the automatic gearbox or other important components. With this completed, I guess all the suppliers can start to fabricate the necessary parts for Spyker to produce the Aileron. Production is scheduleded to start in the 4th quarter of 2008. The first batch will contain 35 to 40 Ailerons, this is necessary to profide every dealer with at least one Aileron to display to potential customers. In the 2nd quarter of this year, Spyker build 22 cars, so 35 to 40 cars seems quite a lot more. But we have to keep in mind that the Aileron was designed to be build a lot faster than the current models. Some dealers have allready sold one or more Ailerons, these are believed to be delivered before the end of the year. So maybe we can spot our first Aileron that hits the street this year allready!
                            But we don't have to wait that long. The pre-production Aileron will make her public debut at the Los Angelos Motor Show in november 2008. In this case I would not take the term "pre-production" too literally in that the actual production will start after this point. It's more likely that one of the completed Ailerons will be taken to this show and will be delivered to a U.S. dealership afterwards.
                            Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 17-09-2008, 08:44.
                            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                              This is all I know Wouter, it's not really news but I hope it's helpfull:

Spyker used a clay model to..............et cetera
                              Thanks Laviolette GT2R!

First Spyker has to manufacture the 24 "LM24's" this year.....or do they have two seperate production lines?

Anyway i'm looking forward to the first pictures of the pre-production Aileron at the Los Angelos Motor Show.

Comment

Initially Spyker planned to use the production capacity for the C8 SWB models for the Aileron. The C8 SWB models would not actively be campaigned but could still be ordered on demand. These C8 SWB models would than be manufactured in the production facility where the "specials" are being made.

This made sence since the Aileron is a really good value for money compared to the C8 SWB models and thus it was expected that more people would favour the Aileron over a C8 SWB model. I guess Spyker expects orders for the C8 SWB models will drop to almost zero and that the ocassionally ordered C8 SWB can be made in the "specials department".

Production of the Aileron was is to go in the 4th quarter of this year. In the 2nd quarter 22 cars were build, to make 24 C8 LM85 Spykers would therefore take all production capacity for the 4th quarter. That doesn't make sence because than no Ailerons can be build. I think Spyker will make a very small batch of C8 LM85's, one or two to display (and maybe a couple for stock to shorten delivery for the real enthusiasts) and will make the other C8 LM85 models on demand. Just as (I suppose) happened with the Laviolette Basic Instinct II limited edition. Now that I read the article again it says: with a maximum of 24...

I don't think Spyker is able to field two seperate lines, one for the C8 SWB models and one for the Aileron. They need all the capacity they can get to make the first batch of Ailerons. If demand for the C8 SWB models does drop as intended than there is no need to. In the future however, with the production of the D8, things will be different...

The Los Angelos Motor Show will be held november 21-30 2008 so that's a little bit over two months still to wait to see the Aileron. Can't wait !
                                Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 18-09-2008, 16:42.
                                Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Working...
                                X