Official Spyker Owner Forum
 

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Unofficial Spyker Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-06-2008, 08:37
amzamz's Avatar
amzamz amzamz is offline
Spyker Owner #045
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saarbrucken, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Posts: 3,426
soft top

... this is a new kind of roof! On my car, I have a soft top which extends to the back more. Is it a convertible top? Any signs of a convertible top would greatly improve the attractiveness. Right now, I have to guess the weather for the coming 2 weeks between London and North Norway! Alternatively, I can take twice the time for it and spend rainy days in pubs along the way!

Why are all the Spyker roofs (hard and soft) so ugly? I am not sure whether the car is so very beautiful that any roof may appear wrong on it...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-06-2008, 18:03
luigisk luigisk is offline
Spyker Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: antwerp
Posts: 203
Send a message via MSN to luigisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzamz View Post
... this is a new kind of roof! On my car, I have a soft top which extends to the back more. Is it a convertible top? Any signs of a convertible top would greatly improve the attractiveness. Right now, I have to guess the weather for the coming 2 weeks between London and North Norway! Alternatively, I can take twice the time for it and spend rainy days in pubs along the way!

Why are all the Spyker roofs (hard and soft) so ugly? I am not sure whether the car is so very beautiful that any roof may appear wrong on it...
I think your right. They are not so beautiful because i think they don't have an aerodynamic look. It interrupts the aerodynamic look on he car. I hope that they improve that for the aileron.
__________________
Louis
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-06-2008, 03:38
Bavarian Motorist Bavarian Motorist is offline
Spyker Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44
Anyone know why the rear end extends so much further? What is being housed there? Anything extra?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-06-2008, 05:40
SpykerOwner's Avatar
SpykerOwner SpykerOwner is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
Anyone know why the rear end extends so much further? What is being housed there? Anything extra?
Three reasons basically:
1) to be able to fit a proper top for the convertible
2) to be able to fit the new - optional - automatic transmission
3) to improve handling
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-06-2008, 09:36
AX lover AX lover is offline
Spyker Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,269
@amzamz, I guess you have the 'old' soft top. Which Spyker used in the beginning. Later they changed it into the one you see in these pictures.

The new C8 Aileron Spyder will get a nice electrical operated soft top.

The 'old' soft top






The 'new' soft top






Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 24-07-2008, 18:12
AX lover AX lover is offline
Spyker Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,269
And the mule is spotted again testing in the Netherlands. And it now had regular Dutch (yellow) plates!











Can't wait to see the production version!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 24-07-2008, 21:59
SpykerX3's Avatar
SpykerX3 SpykerX3 is offline
Former Spyker Owner #152
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 363
they took a perfectly good looking car and completely ruined it with that insanely stupid colored top. wow. i think i just vomited in my mouth.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 25-07-2008, 13:03
F Spider's Avatar
F Spider F Spider is offline
Past #107 #207 Future #307
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York, Amsterdam, Woodstock
Posts: 6,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykerX3 View Post
they took a perfectly good looking car and completely ruined it with that insanely stupid colored top. wow. i think i just vomited in my mouth.
Very professional way of folding that top too
__________________
Rijk

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 25-07-2008, 13:23
AX lover AX lover is offline
Spyker Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,269
That doesn't matter, this is just a mule. What counts is what kind of technique it is hiding
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25-07-2008, 17:48
SpykerX3's Avatar
SpykerX3 SpykerX3 is offline
Former Spyker Owner #152
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 363
well, i'm on record... this car is U G L Y. It just seems awkward with that disproportionately long rear.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.