US Engine for the SSUV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
    Back to the engine discussion. I think that the uncertain future of Chrysler and the old-fashioned cast iron block makes it less of a candidate. It looks more and more that the new sophisticated 620 HP Corvette engine with the compressor would be the best choice.
    The new 600 HP V10 from the viper is an all alluminum design. Both the ZR1 and Viper are OHV designs the key difference is that the chevy makes all that HP via a supercharger and the viper does it with displacement at 8.4L.

IMHO, the viper engine would be the better choice as it is more "exotic" and makes power without resorting to FI. Probably would cost a little less as well.

Comment

edit.
      Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
      Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

I think the SSUV will get a American V8! I saw that the name D12 is changed into D8 on the website! It is a 6.2 liter V8 (Corvette LS3?).

And on a Dutch website I read that the V8 will use a supercharger and that's why it will have 550 hp and 750 Nm.
        Attached Files

Comment

At 550 HP, it has 50 more HP than the Cayenne Turbo. Above that its more than 1100LB (500 KG) lighter. I would guess that the P2P can do better than 5.5 sec to 100 KM/H
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            At 550 HP, it has 50 more HP than the Cayenne Turbo. Above that its more than 1100LB (500 KG) lighter. I would guess that the P2P can do better than 5.5 sec to 100 KM/H

Comment

I can assure you they will not use a Viper motor, the D12 will be AWD, and there is no way that would work.
              Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
                I can assure you they will not use a Viper motor, the D12 will be AWD, and there is no way that would work.
                The D12 has been renamed D8 since the Geneva Car show. Which also shows the SSUV won't get the V10 Viper engines. Our bets are on the new Corvette engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                  The D12 has been renamed D8 since the Geneva Car show. Which also shows the SSUV won't get the V10 Viper engines. Our bets are on the new Corvette engine.
                  Does anybody know why they don't use the same engine as they use for de C8 cars from Audi?

Comment

Maybe because the power from the V8 wasn't enough for the 1800 kg weight from the SSUV
                    Louis

Comment

Most likely, because Audi is halting production for those engines, with the FSI motor being built.
                      Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

And, most likely, that major components of the cars need to be sourced from Dollar countries, because of the weak dollar.
                        Rijk

Comment

Working...
                        X