Celebrity Spyker owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrity Spyker owners...

Just for kicks, I'll start a list of celebrities (besides myself of course) who own or somehow have been affiliated with a Spyker...I can't attest to the accuracy...some rumoured, some fact...feel free to add or delete as appropriate:

Owners:
    o Jay Leno
    o Akon (not someone I really want to be associated with!)
    o J-Lo's husband

Celebs who've driven or stared in a movie w a Spyker:

o Paris Hilton at BullRun (with classic footage of Paris realizing she could not drive shift)
    Our God is an Unfair God: Paris Hilton to Drive a Spyker C8 Spyder in Bullrun - Defamer - Jalopnik
    o Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct 2
    o Jet-Li in War

And my favorite of all:

o Ms. Vitchuda Leenutaphong, Managing Director of SL. International Automobiles Co., Ltd., a Spyker car dealer I believe in Thailand...not a celebrity so to speak, but had I known she existed, I would have dumped Manhattan Motors in a New York minute:lol:

Spyker helps drive Johnnie Walker’s hip party to success

Numerous actors and athletes have driven various Spykers. Some appear in Youtube videos, particularly the Bullrun 2008 videos.
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Are you sure that Jay Leno is an owner? I haven't heard anything about it.

J-Lo is correct. She bought a silver/blue C8 spyder for M-A as a present. I heard rumors that they don't have the car any more.

Swizz-Beatz or something, a rapper also has a Spyker.
      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
        Are you sure that Jay Leno is an owner? I haven't heard anything about it.

J-Lo is correct. She bought a silver/blue C8 spyder for M-A as a present. I heard rumors that they don't have the car any more.

Swizz-Beatz or something, a rapper also has a Spyker.
        On Jay Leno...

Highline Autos : Spyker Article

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
          I read the article, but I've never heard about it. I need to check JL's website.
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            I read the article, but I've never heard about it. I need to check JL's website.
            Not on the website...JL like many of us, very discrete about his Spyker:lol:

Comment

Not on the website...JL like many of us, very discrete about his Spyker:lol:
              It is my understanding that Jay Leno does not own a Spyker. We spoke last year at his shop, although he was very curious about Aileron coming out, he did comment of the fact that he loves the interior and knew a great deal about the company history.

Comment

o Akon (not someone I really want to be associated with!)
                +1 !!
                Louis

Comment

Originally posted by jpclinging View Post
                  It is my understanding that Jay Leno does not own a Spyker. We spoke last year at his shop, although he was very curious about Aileron coming out, he did comment of the fact that he loves the interior and knew a great deal about the company history.
                  No Spyker on his site:

Jay Leno's Garage

Comment

1. Jay Leno does NOT have one..
                    2. Akon is correct
                    3. J-Lo & Mark Anthony
                    4. Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburg Pirates)
                    5. Missy Elliot
                    6. Busta Rhymes
                    Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Actually, Ben Roethlisberger plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers football team. Although they were called the Pirates from 1933-1939.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                        Actually, Ben Roethlisberger plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers football team. Although they were called the Pirates from 1933-1939.
                        I think Vinny has just dated himself a bit:lol:

Comment

Considering I am 32, I think I just "Outed" myself as a car guy, not a Sports fan...
                          Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

I believe someone said it before, but now I'm sure. Rick Koerber ("freecapitalist" and charged for running a ponzi scheme) has/ had 2 spykers.. facebook pics
                            EDIT: I found the topic where it has been mentioned. The silver one is #95, and I think the black one is #150 (same vents, 'spyker' on the grill, same stickers in the interior etc.). I guess they painted the chrome black afterwards.
                            Last edited by IVR007; 03-01-2010, 02:15.
                            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                              ...and I think the black one is #150 (same vents, 'spyker' on the grill, same stickers in the interior etc.). I guess they painted the chrome black afterwards.
                              I think the black one might actually be #116
                              Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Working...
                              X