#091 C8 Spyder - Yellow / Black for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BknBlk View Post
    Any thoughts on the possible additional tuning to Factory demonstrators? I wonder if any Spyker can just have its ECU reflashed to the higher performance specs...
    The #107 and the #148 are very much loved by the factory people.

Spyker is very hesitant to re-flash the ECU, since their database on the reflashed cars is limited. BTW, the difference between the demonstrators and the standard car is not the reflash.
    Rijk

Comment

If you are interested in #148...give me a call at 440-716-2000. I am the General Manager for Spyker of Cleveland.

Thanks,

Ryan Mager

Comment

F Spider, You bring up a recurring theme from the forum--getting "sorted". Could someone detail what this typically involves with an '06? Do I need another small fortune besides the purchase price to have my Spyker in running order? Also, is the pre '08 A/C really that weak? I live in Texas, and the A/C become a necessity by June!

Any thoughts on the possible additional tuning to Factory demonstrators? I wonder if any Spyker can just have its ECU reflashed to the higher performance specs...
        I bought an 06 new and I can tell you for a fact, I've had very few problems with the car. Some minor tweaks and quirks, but I've almost had no need to pull out my wallet. Love my car

Comment

I can help you with #148 and tell you about the details of reconditioning it has had done(after Ryno's post) since being retired as one of the Factory Demo's. As far as a Warranty, there is an option that is available I can offer you. Yes the car is at Spyker of Cleveland but it is just on display there. It is still Owned by the Factory and available for any Spyker Dealer. So contact me and I would be more than happy to further assist you with #148 or a few other option's I know of. Cell 708-932-5596

Comment

"15,000 Hard miles" sold me on the Spyker brand. I found out that you can drive these cars hard and fast and no major components are going to break or give you hassles. When I drove that car Vinny told me that it has had no issues and the only things they had done where to change fluids and a set of tires! I would not have an issue with buying a higher mileage Spyker. Best of luck with finding your Spyker!

Comment

I bought a retired factory demonstrator with 16K miles (#083). The car had been on not one but two Bull Runs. I was encouraged by the idea that the car had been under the personal supervision of Vinny Russo, at the time Spyker's North American After-Sales (Service) dealer rep. My thinking was that hand made cars are each unique. I KNEW this one worked well under constant, heavy use -- which was fine with me, because I wanted the car for DRIVING. #083 has not let me down once and has over 25K miles on it now, and going strong.

I also removed the roof, keep a careful weather eye (and a 60" golf umbrella in the boot for emergencies). I have the four-vent AC and it definitely helps both heat and AC, which is very important in a car without a roof, it can be a real life-saver either way.
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

... my car #045 has currently 78,500km on the clock. That's roughly 49,000 miles. On German motorways I do 170mph whenever I can! Sometimes I am above 120mph for a full hour! And I have driven hundreds of miles with no roof in the rain. That car is just my best friend, and goes with me anywhere! I really trust it .

Comment

Any progression in finding the right car, BknBlk ?
                  The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

The "right" Spyker

Thank you so much for asking about my search. I feel I'm very close to working out an arrangement on a gorgeous C8 Spyder!

I must say that Spyker owners and fans are the most friendly and awesome enthusiasts of any group I've known. I've been overwhelmed with help and support in my search. Many thanks to everyone!

I'll hopefully see you on the "owner's forum" soon, and I'll let you know as the ink is drying on the title!
                    Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

Good to hear about your C8 and off course that the Spyker community has been friendly as usual . Looking forward to seeing posts on your Spyker !
                      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

I must say that Spyker owners and fans are the most friendly and awesome enthusiasts of any group I've known. I've been overwhelmed with help and support in my search. Many thanks to everyone!
                        It is probably no secret to some that I am on several forums. This one by far has the most "family" feel to it. The members here are always welcoming to newbies and friendly and eager to help, and many have made friends through here (myself included!). My only regret is that my name doesn't appear in bold yellow letters!

Comment

Working...
                        X