Spyker book anyone ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker book anyone ???

... who is going to compile a book from this website, and perhaps some of the official information? The website is perfectly growing. However, old information may be difficult to find at times, and some websites or attachments disappear. In that sense, it would be a valuable job, if anyone here would make an effort to compile all the pictures and information in a nice way. I am sure it would be easy to get high resolution images, and to get copyright permissions.

There are potentially 250 Spyker owners out there, and a larger number of fans to purchase such a book. I believe there is no book available yet on modern Spyker cars! At least I couldn't find one... If you sell 2,000 books you get your own Spyker!
    Last edited by amzamz; 14-05-2010, 09:37.

Great idea...the man for the job is IVR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by swisstrader View Post
      great idea...the man for the job is ivr!!!
      Definitely!

Comment

Haha thanks guys!!

I like the idea because, you are right Amz, some info (links) and images get lost from time to time.

Although a real book would probably require a team effort and some kind of storyline: what are you going to include in the book (and what not)?
        Note: there is a book called 'Spyker, een dollemansrit' but that's more about the financial situation. And another book about the 'old' Spijkers 'Spyker, een Nederlands fabrikaat'.

What we could do is make more threads like the handy 'double 12s thread' (by LavioletteGT2R). That one is very well put together and it summaries and links to other threads. We could do the same for for example pre-karmann bodies, for the ailerons, for race cars etc etc..?
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

This really sounds like a great idea.

A couple months ago I've already made a sort of 'encyclopaedia' for myself (how to recognize different types of Spykers).

I'm also constantly updating the info in my file, so that the file will be complete as possible.

Maby that file can be used as a framework for a real kind of book about Spyker (models)...

It's just an idea

But Amzamz, what kind of information do you want to have in the book? (e.g. models, info about the Le Mans team, info about the 'formula 1-project')

And maby another idea. It could be that this one already excists, but I have never found it.
          Isn't it an idea to make a yearcalender of Spyker, with on top of every month a picture of a Spyker (or a detailshot). I've seen that some calenders have been made, but I thought that was only done for one or two years.
          Last edited by Aiglos91; 15-05-2010, 18:57.
          Olav

Instagram
          https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Olav,

I guess the best thing to do would be to have a look at various books on car manufacturers, particularly classic sports cars like Bugatti, TVR, Bentley, Ginetta etc. I would NOT look at Ferrari or Porsche, because there are far too many books there, and many of them are actually not very excellent.

The "10th anniversary book" would need to come with chapters on old history, modern history, technical descriptions of each model, technical descriptions of innovations on the cars (dash, steering, aerodynamics, headlights etc), people involved at Spyker (top 10-20), F1 story, Saab story, ... (check topics discussed in this forum) ... and finally a Spyker register. Decorate this with lots of high-res color & b/w pictures and it will be a really nice book. It could be 200-300 pages and large format.

Last edited by amzamz; 29-05-2010, 08:52.

Comment

Probably too much work for one person, but the 600+ of us should be able to do it !

I would like to volunteer on the register. But including a register makes only sense if we can present a complete register. That can only be achieved if Spyker would support this book!

I think I also could do the chapter on the Double 12 and maybe even the C12 Spyder and the La Turbie as well as contribute on the other models. But then again, I would need information from Spyker. I read the other books on the modern Spyker and they are not correct on significant facts. We, as experts will have to be ofcourse!

So I think that should be our startingpoint: Asking for permission / support from Spyker.
              Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                Probably too much work for one person, but the 600+ of us should be able to do it !

I would like to volunteer on the register. But including a register makes only sense if we can present a complete register. That can only be achieved if Spyker would support this book!

I think I also could do the chapter on the Double 12 and maybe even the C12 Spyder and the La Turbie as well as contribute on the other models. But then again, I would need information from Spyker. I read the other books on the modern Spyker and they are not correct on significant facts. We, as experts will have to be ofcourse!

So I think that should be our startingpoint: Asking for permission / support from Spyker.
                Next Tuesday I am at the Factory. I'll ask some people whether they approve such a book and whether they want to help with information.
                Last edited by Dutchdude; 21-05-2010, 22:29.

Dutchdude
                Spykerowner #141
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                  Olav,

I guess the best thing to do would be to have a look at various books on car manufacturers, particularly classic sports cars like Bugatti, TVR, Bentley, Ginetta etc. I would NOT look at Ferrari or Porsche, because there are far too many books there, and many of them are actually not very excellent.

The "10th anniversary book" would need to come with chapters on old history, modern history, technical descriptions of each model, technical descriptions of innovations on the cars (dash, steering, aerodynamics, hradlights etc), people involved at Spyker (top 10-20), F1 story, Saab story, ... (check topics discussed in this forum) ... and finally a Spyker register. Decorate this with lots of high-res color & b/w pictures and it will be a really nice book. It could be 200-300 pages and large format.

If I can, I'd like to help to make the pictures (if that needs to be done)
                  If there is anything else I can help with, I'd love to
                  Olav

Instagram
                  https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                    ... who is going to compile a book from this website, and perhaps some of the official information? The website is perfectly growing. However, old information may be difficult to find at times, and some websites or attachments disappear. In that sense, it would be a valuable job, if anyone here would make an effort to compile all the pictures and information in a nice way. I am sure it would be easy to get high resolution images, and to get copyright permissions.

There are potentially 250 Spyker owners out there, and a larger number of fans to purchase such a book. I believe there is no book available yet on modern Spyker cars! At least I couldn't find one... If you sell 2,000 books you get your own Spyker!
                    I'm just back from the Factory. I spoke with Hans van Rennes and Peter van Rooy about the Book. Spyker wants to help us if we have any questions to verify stories and figures. They also will support us if we want some interviews with owners on different continents. The might can give us some names of people who want to give an interview.

I'm not a writer but I might can be the assembly point for all questions to Spyker. Hans and Peter will answer them in blocks of 10 questions at the time. If we want to make this book we have to hurry I think. Spyker appreciated the idea.

Dutchdude
                    Spykerowner #141
                    sigpic

Comment

We have one writer in our midst: Matthias aka netburner

Maybe he likes the idea to be the writer of 'our' book.

Comment

Got the eMail from Hans while being in my Italy holiday And yes, it is 2:50 a.m. while I'm writing this, but the idea of writing the Spyker book starts to grow inside of my head.

I would like to be the writer of this book, but I'm "only" able to do it in german and english, so either that is enough or we need a translator for dutch as well?

Anyway, sounds like a lot of work to do, but I think together we can handle this!

Comment

That is excellent news. As far as I am concerned the book is in English. It is of course a lot of work, but I think we all can help. And we need to help, as Spyker exist 10 years in October, so the book should be ready by then.

It would be great if we can even make it an 'official' book so it can be sold worldwide. Maybe even through the webshop of Spyker cars.

Comment

... the only Spyker book I have covers the historic Spyker. Wim Oude Weernink has written "Spyker - Made in Holland", published by Omniboek, The Hague in 1976. (2nd edition 1998) A wonderful book, many illustrations. We'd want to decide, if we either completely skip history and refer to this, or cover part of it. In that case, we'd need to get copyright on some of the photos, or find additional ones...
                            Attached Files

Comment

.. one of the nicest car books I have is "Divine Bugatti" by Franco Maria Ricci 1991.

(1) It contains 80 pages of fluent text (index see below). In it a small number of b/w and colour pictures (manually added into the book). This part also includes facsimile prints of original catalogues for the cars!

(2) Then comes a portfolio section of full size color photos, selected according to aesthetic value. Ca 80 pages.

(3) Finally, another 50 pages text about racing details, technical specs for each model, design drawings & sketches, etc

The whole thing is done in linen cover, 30x30cm, individually numbered and in a collector's box. The price was high as far as I remember... this would be perfectly in line with Spyker watches, shirts, bicycles and cars.... all on the crazy side.

(there is one up for sale at CAN$ 620 here and another one for EUR 270 here. It looks like all 5,000 numbered copies have sold out in 20 years!)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by amzamz; 29-05-2010, 10:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X