Different types of the C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different types of the C8

I frequently visit the site Autogespot.com, where you can upload your photo's to show them to other people.
    Sometimes, I see that a Spyder C8 Spyder has been uploaded, but the site has different types of the Spyder, like:

C8 Spyder LWB (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)
    C8 Spyder SWB (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)
    C8 Spyder SWB Wide Body (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)
    C8 Spyder T (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)
    C8 Spyder Wide Body (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)

I would like to know if anybody on this site can tell me if there are any differences between these types, and if there are, what the differences are.

I would be gratefull if anybody could tell me
    Last edited by Aiglos91; 25-04-2009, 21:06.
    Olav

Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Originally posted by Aiglos91 View Post
    I frequently visit the site Autogespot.com, where you can upload your photo's to show them to other people.
    Sometimes, I see that a Spyder C8 Spyder has been uploaded, but the site has different types of the Spyder, like:

C8 Spyder SWB (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)
    C8 Spyder SWB Wide Body (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)
    C8 Spyder T (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)
    C8 Spyder Wide Body (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)

I would like to know if anybody on this site can tell me if there are any differences between these types, and if there are, what the differences are.

I would be gratefull if anybody could tell me
    Welcome Aiglos91,

It is basically very simple.

C8 Spyder/C8 Laviolette (SWB)
    - First cars are 100% hand build and have hand rolled bodies. eg. #007
    - Later, Karmann body, cars have the flared wheelarches and are called wide body.

C8 LWB is the "C8 Double 12".
    Americans thought 'Double 12' meant it was a 12 cilinder car. For this reason they changed it to Long Wheel Base.

Jeffrey
    Last edited by Spyker 007; 25-04-2009, 23:07.

Comment

And a lot of the spots on autogespot.com have the wrong names

The C8 Spyder LWB is a C8 Spyder SWB (pre-Karmann)
      The C8 Spyder T = C8 Spyder SWB (wide body, pre-Karmann)

So they also don't use the correct names

Comment

So the names Autogespot has to use are:

Spyker C8 Spyder SWB: (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie + AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie )
        Spyker C8 Spyder SWB Wide Body (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie + AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)

Is this correct?

Oh, and Spyker 007, thank you for the welcome
        Olav

Instagram

Comment

= C8 Spyder SWB Wide Body

Comment

Spyker C8 Spyder SWB: (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie + AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie )
            Spyker C8 Spyder SWB Wide Body (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie + AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)

Is this correct?

Oh, and Spyker 007, thank you for the welcome
            Originally posted by AX lover View Post
            = C8 Spyder SWB Wide Body
            @AXlover: NOT a wide body.

I've asked autogespot (I know them personally) to use:
            C8 Spyder
            C8 Laviolette
            C8 Double 12 (LWB)
            D8 Peking to Paris

Jeffrey
            Last edited by Spyker 007; 26-04-2009, 12:22.

Comment

True, my fault

Comment

Thank you 007
                Olav

Instagram

Comment

Sorry that I'm bringing this topic back again, but I still have some questions:

1. I've read somewhere that the Spyker C8 Double 12 S and the Spyker C8 Laviolette LWB are exactly the same cars. Is that true? And if so, why does the car has two names ?

2. Does the C8 Double 12 Spyder also excist? And if so, or will they still be produced, and are there any samples (exemplaren ) known of this type? If so, can you show me some images of those types? Can you give me also some information of when this car was produced, specs ect.

3. Is the C12 LaTurbie ever produced? If so, in what year(s)? And are there any samples known of this type too? If so, can you show me some images of those types? Can you give me also some information of when this car was produced, specs ect.

4. How can you recognize a Spyker C8 Spyder T. Can you show me a picture of a Spyder T so you can show me how I can recognize a Spyder T from the outside? Are they ever built, are there any samples known. Can you give me also some information of when this car was produced, specs ect.

5. Are there any differences between the Spyder C8 Spyder SWB (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie), the Wide Body (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie), and the SWB Wide Body (AUTOGESPOT - Exclusieve auto's gespot door jullie)
                  And if there are any differences, what are those differences? Is it the motor, of is it the outside? If it is the outside, can someone show me the differences by using a picture?

6. Are there any books who describe the differences between the types of Spyker? If there is, I'd like to know where, and if, I can get these books. So I can have my own encyclopaedia of the different types of the Spyker cars, and I don't have to bother you guys here with my (maby) dumb and annoying questions.

I hope you can give me the answers on these questions
                  Last edited by Aiglos91; 26-05-2009, 13:55.
                  Olav

Instagram

Comment

I'll try to answer your questions

1) You are correct C8 Double12 S = C8 Laviolette LWB. Why? In 2007(?) Spyker decided to change the names of their models and make it more understandable for outsiders. You have to keep in mind that the C8 Double12 S never was a mainstream product. There are only a few LWB cars produced. Spyker also changed the name to make a clear distinction between the SWB and LWB models.
                    SWB = C8 Spyder (T) & C8 Laviolette. Both widebody and normal body
                    LWB = C8 Double12, C12 Laturbie, C12 Zagato C12 Spyder (and now C8 Aileron)

2) Yes, at least 2 C8 Double12 Spyders exist. We know of the following two cars:
                    #044 C8 Double12 S Supercharged Silver (now white?)/Orange (also has a hardtop)
                    http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...nge-china.html
                    #066 C8 Double12 S Spyder Blue/Tan
                    http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...-blue-tan.html

3) We believe that only one C12 LaTurbie was ever build. This is #055, this is the car that you know from press pictures and carshows. In the beginning this car was grey and later the color was changed into Blue. This car was also used in the movie War with Jet Li. You have to keep in mind that this is probably not a running car! It is believed that non of the W12 powered Spykers ever drove!
                    http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...-magnolia.html

4) You can't. Only one C8 Spyder T exists. It is #021:
                    http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...ver-green.html
                    Although Spyker says that there is a 525 hp strong twin turbo 4.2 Audi V8 under the hood there was indeed no engine mounted! This was only a concept car. And the first pre-Karmann car to have a Widebody. In the first years this was an option on pre-Karmann build cars. When Karmann took over the production of Body-In-Whites from Coventry Prototype Panels all C8 Spyders and C8 Laviolette's were widebody models.

5) I don't know of such a book But if you look good enough on this forum you can find all the information you want. All the information I just gave you could already be found on the forum

Comment

@ AX Lover

Thank you for the answers .
                      So the Spyders are:
                      1. Spyker C8 Spyder
                      2. Spyker C8 Spyder SWB Wide Body
                      Is that correct?

I'm going to make a document with all that information in it. So that I'll have my own ecyclopaedia. When it's finished, I'll try to post it in this topic, so you can (if you want) check if it's correct what i'm saying

But again, thank you very much for helping me
                      Olav

Instagram

Comment

And the C8 Double12 S Spyker/C8 Spyder LWB.
                        And don't forget the C12 Spyder and C12 LaTurbie prototypes.

A more correct list would be:

Production cars
                        C8 Spyder SWB
                        C8 Spyder SWB Widebody (can also be split up in CPP bodies and Karmann bodies)
                        C8 Double12 S Spyder (aka C8 Spyder LWB)

Prototypes (not running)
                        C8 Spyder T (actually the same as a pre-Karmann C8 Spyder SWB Widebody)
                        C12 Spyder
                        C12 LaTurbie

And the closed cars:

Production
                        C8 Laviolette SWB
                        C8 Laviolette SWB Widebody (can also be split up in CPP bodies and Karmann bodies)
                        C8 Double12 S (aka C8 Laviolette LWB)
                        C8 Aileron

Prototypes (not running)
                        C12 Zagato

And you have to keep in mind that the term SWB (and LWB) was introduced at the end of 2007. So before that a Spyder was just known as a C8 Spyder. And a coupe was a C8 Laviolette or a C8 Double12.

I also don't think that a lot of C8 Double12's/C8 Laviolette LWB's were build after the name change in oktober 2007. We have never found a LWB coupe with C8 Laviolette (LWB) logo's. They all have C8 Double12 badges.

Comment

Ohw... and a last one question ()
                          How do I recognize the difference between a Spyker C8 Spyder SWB and a SWB Wide Body.
                          Because I can check the license plates at RDW (https://www.rdw.nl/Ovi/Paginas/Default.aspx) so I can see when the car was made. But I can't check the license plates from foreign countries at RDW...
                          Are there any differences on the outside or something?
                          Last edited by Aiglos91; 26-05-2009, 17:33.
                          Olav

Instagram

Comment

The Wide body had a wider body
                            It is very easy, a wide body has louves above the front wheels and the wheelarches are wider. It is maybe easier if you look for yourself.

Go the Unofficial register and check the pictures. You can safely say that from #100 onwards all Spykers are Wide body and pre #021 (almost?) all cars are non Wide body. So go and check it out for yourself!

Comment

Is everything clear now?

Comment

Working...
                              X