A few 'spot pics'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few 'spot pics'

It's time for some new pics in this forum Nothing special, just a handfull of my spottings this summer. It's time I do something car related again in the coming time! Then I'll provide you guys with something a little more interesting
    Last edited by basman007; 19-10-2011, 15:53.

Wanderer Stromlinie.

"Audi Tradition - the Department in charge of the heritage and history of the former Auto Union - re-created the 1938 Wanderer Stromlinie Spezial, since none of the original three produced is accounted for today. Originally designed to participate in the long distance competition Liege - Rome - Liege in 1938 and 1939, the Wanderer Streamline Special featured a standard Wanderer chassis with an all-alloy two-seater roadster body. The engine was a design by Ferdinand Porsche - a 6-cylinder inline light alloy motor with a displacement of 2255cc and an output of 70 hp. It was located in the front and drove the rear axle. With a weight of only 900kg, the Wanderer Stromlinie Spezial reached a maximum speed of 140 km/h - or 90 mph.

In the second year of participation in the Liege - Rome - Liege run in 1939, Auto Union won the team award with their three entered Wanderer Streamline Specials."
    Last edited by basman007; 19-10-2011, 15:53.

Comment

Why spot a MB
      Rijk

Comment

What is a Lotus Omega
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          What is a Lotus Omega
          It is a Opel Omega (1990-1992) which was tuned by lotus.

In english: Lotus Carlton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Sorry in dutch....)
          Lotus Club Holland - Omega (1990-1992)
          De Opel zescylinder werd opgeboord tot 3,6 liter en voorzien van 2 turbo's. De zesversnellingsbak komt uit de Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (ook een Lotus ontwikkeling). Een vermogen van 377pk, 0-100 in minder dan 6 seconden en een top van 290 km/u spreken voor zich. In Engeland heette hij Carlton Omega en er zijn er in totaal zo'n 950 gebouwd.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            Why spot a MB
            It's a C36 AMG, the C class flagship of it's day and the counter for the BMW M3

Comment

Some nice sightings Sebas, is it okay that other people send some spot pics in this topic too?
              Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
              Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by pterps View Post
                Some nice sightings Sebas, is it okay that other people send some spot pics in this topic too?
                Sure

Comment

Photography wise this is nothing great, however, the cars in the pictures are

I got a tour through this private collection and only snapped a few quick pics, because I wanted to listen to his stories. Most of the pics I took without even looking through the viewfinder; I often kept the camera at waist height or with stretched arms. I had no tripod, so everything is handheld, high ISO, just standard white balance (because lighting changed so often) and with a lens that isn't great at focusing fast or in darker areas. Despite all this, enjoy

edit: oh and the white, part wooden, car is the DKW F1 Roadster from 1931. the first front wheel drive production car
                  Last edited by basman007; 19-10-2011, 15:54.

Comment

The third one is a DKW F4 Roadster with Ihle body from 1983.
                    The last one, with red interior, is a 1935 Tornax Rex with Hebmuller coachwork. It's a one of a kind. Unfortunately I made only one pic on my way out (it was dinner time and I was expected in a hotel)
                    Last edited by basman007; 19-10-2011, 15:55.

Comment

Yes, even the boat is Auto Union

Now, there are alot of very interesting cars in these pics, but I would like to highlight the two in this pic. That is a DKW Monza in the back (it will be undergoing restoration). The car in the front is the Auto union 1000SP, that looks like it could ram the Monza, is the car that basicly killed the Monza's production. You see, the Monza was basicly developed by outside companies and when AU developed the 1000 SP ( with US style vin at the rear - I tried to make a pic of that as well) they refused to deviler chassis' to these companies, so the Monza was no more. It's a great light little car and was a real record breaker. about 230 have been built, today I believe only 30-35 Monza's are known.

edit: found the records of the Monza ->
                      Last edited by basman007; 19-10-2011, 15:56.

Comment

Hans (and mohammed I believe), this is the picture I was talking about yesterday, I took this one in Stresa (Italy).

Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by pterps View Post
                          Hans (and mohammed I believe), this is the picture I was talking about yesterday, I took this one in Stresa (Italy).
                          Niiiiice Peter Was the Landaulette there for THE concours?

Comment

No, it was for presentation to customers. I asked some people of Maybach if it was okay to take some pictures. You should have seen their faces when I installed my camera, tripod, remote and flashlights
                            Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Some more sightings:

Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Working...
                              X