Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Simple test to tell if you are getting all your HP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Simple test to tell if you are getting all your HP...

Ok, so I have driven 11 (I think) Spyker's and I can tell many differences between them all. My eyes were opened when I drop the Blue Demo Car (I think it is 143 or something in that range). That thing ran like a raped ape.

Recently, my Coke can was serviced and it now runs like that demo car. Here is the simple test to tell if it is "all there"...

Put the car in 1st gear and go about 5 miles per hour. stomp on it. if you ripped the tires loose it is all there! If it squeaks a little and gets traction, I'd say you are in need of some lovin'. If it didn't even spin the tires you need to get some attention. 088 would bark them for a tenth of a second, the Coke can will rip them for a solid second before gaining traction.

I credit Johan Pit's most recent visit. He downloaded some new ECU settings that have this thing running like a top. Good stuff.

Originally posted by spykerx3 View Post
    ok, so i have driven 11 (i think) spyker's and i can tell many differences between them all. My eyes were opened when i drop the blue demo car (i think it is 143 or something in that range). That thing ran like a raped ape.

Recently, my coke can was serviced and it now runs like that demo car. Here is the simple test to tell if it is "all there"...

Put the car in 1st gear and go about 5 miles per hour. Stomp on it. If you ripped the tires loose it is all there! If it squeaks a little and gets traction, i'd say you are in need of some lovin'. If it didn't even spin the tires you need to get some attention. 088 would bark them for a tenth of a second, the coke can will rip them for a solid second before gaining traction.

I credit johan pit's most recent visit. He downloaded some new ecu settings that have this thing running like a top. Good stuff.

:d :d :d

Comment

Ever put one of your Spyker's on a dyno?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
        Recently, my Coke can was serviced and it now runs like that demo car.
        The nice thing of owning a former press car, is that all the oompf is there.

At the factory, they are still talking about how powerful the #107 is
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
          Ever put one of your Spyker's on a dyno?
          I have not done that but I may do it the next time I bring it in. The place here in Phoenix that services it actually has a Dyno machine in there. It is the accurate kind versus that crap you see at most places. It takes into consideration the aerodynamics of the car, etc. Not just put it on the rollers and punch it. Those are garbage and have an accuracy rating of about 50%.

Comment

Update on #115

Hello Friends,

I have about 750 miles on #115 now, all enjoyable. We were rained out of the New Hope Auto Show, but I went to the 100 Motor Cars of Radnor Hunt last weekend. While only old cars are invited, the corral outside is a show in itself. Unfortunately, the humidity was so extreme that we beat a hasty retreat after an hour. Tough year for shows here.

I'm running into issues as the car gets more use. Yesterday, a clip came loose that holds the passenger side door panel in place. Now, it rattles on bumps. This piece was loose when I took delivery, and the dealer fixed it. Apparently, it was not a durable fix.

I took Dan's advice and decided to test the power using his stomp on it method. My tires did not break loose at all or even chirp when I floored it from 5mph. That matches my seat of the pants intuition about what 400hp should feel like compared to my Carrera 4S that makes 355. As I am easing into familiarity with the Spyker slowly, I have only just started to push it enough to wonder whether all the ponies are there.

So, my list for the dealer upon my 1,000 service will include:

1. Replacing the turn signal stalk;
            2. Replacing the passenger door panel clip;
            3. Reprogramming the hockey puck;
            4. Installing an accessory outlet;
            5. Reprogramming the ECU if the car is down on power;
            6. Replacing the dry gaskets on the shift and handbrake levers.

Anything else you think I should add to my list based on your experiences?

Thanks,

Brett

Comment

Those clips do have a tendency to slip off if they are bumped just right or if the door is slammed hard. Remember that the door should not be slammed at all. the original C8's (not wide body) had a problem with shutting correctly and people slammed them. this actually bent the doors at times so be careful.

One thing to keep in mind is that the dealer will not be able to do the ECU update--as far as I know. Vinny may have some perspective on that. 400 HP in a car this light should--and does-- light up the tires as you crawl. Like I said, my first two cars did not have the power that this one has. One thing to note is the hydralic arms in your car. As it gets colder, they may not open as crisply as you would like. Given your VIN, I think you have the updated ones but you may not. The easy way to tell is to release both doors and they should not stick at all. I would also ask them to remove some shims so you can have a wider turning radius. I'll let you know if I think of anything else you might want to get adjusted.

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

No, just pulled the panel loose carelessly. Not slamming doors. You are right about the hydraulic struts. My driver door has always been lethargic. The passenger side is perfect. Great advice about the shims. Assume I want a tighter turning radius, though, right? I have asked the dealer about the ECU remap. No response yet, and I have not heard from Vinny. He said he has turn signal arms, so I hope he can get one to the dealer if they do not have one in stock by the time I go in for my 1,000 mi service on Oct. 10. Thanks.

Brett

Comment

I thought I would freshen up this post... Anyone else get the ecu updated? I am now on my third set of hydraulic arms. These things are really awful, apparently! It's good that we have a manufacturer that takes care of us... I would have been charged $800 for a set from Lambo---and gotten them sometime in 2010...

Comment

Dan,

I have not done anything with the ECU. The replacement arms have worked fine, so far, though we are struggling to realign the passenger door properly so that the window does not rattle. Back to the dealership for a 3rd time for that next week. Also, the gear selector is not happy slotting into second any more, so we need to address that, too. All else minor. Planning my longest road trip yet, to Seneca Lake in NY in early June, and then to the Greenwich Concours d'elegance. Hoping for better weather than we usually have at Greenwich. Will post pix.

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                      Also, the gear selector is not happy slotting into second any more, so we need to address that, too.
                      If you have problems slotting into second gear then someone has forced the gear lever into reverse without pushing the button on top of the gear lever.

My local dealer did this to the #107 There is a PDF how to fix it in the Owner download section, so Tom fixed that for me and I did not have to drive the car down all the way. Once fixed, the car shifts perfect again.
                      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                        The replacement arms have worked fine, so far, though we are struggling to realign the passenger door properly so that the window does not rattle.
                        My replacement arms work fine too.

There is a window stiffening upgrade available from the factory, but I don't know for sure if that would address the rattling.
                        Rijk

Comment

Working...
                        X