#107 - C8 Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
    How much work is it to open the clam shell?
    The first time is always hard, because you need to find out how all the hose connectors work (all work differently), as well that you cannot see the securing bolts on the passenger side (Tom had to use a mirror). Most hoses are also very short and hard to reach. It took us 1.5 hours, but next time we can do it in 30-40 minutes.

The fuel filler hose, and the fuel ground wire (impossible to see, impossible to reach) are also difficult. For the ground wire we can make a quick-disconnect, but you would have to re-route a lot of the hoses to make it simpler.

A K&N filter might also help a lot. Does anyone have that setup in their car?
    Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2024, 16:15.
    Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
      So what were the serious problems you mentioned earlier?
      Besides a small leak in the cooling system, we found that the beautiful aluminum bracket that holds up the muffler system is too weak. The bracket is al bent, and the mufflers for the whisper mode are all but torn off the muffler pipes. Since I never use the whisper mode, it did not show up as a problem. The fix of the bracket is simple. Instead of 1/8 inch, it should be 1/4 inch.

We could delete the whisper mode mufflers, but I like to have the choice (it confused the police at least once).

The mufflers can be welded, once the new bracket is in place. Monday I will talk to Nick (factory after sales) about this and a few other preventive maintenance items that we can replace while the car is open.
      Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2024, 16:14.
      Rijk

Comment

• I have to thank Tom for doing all this for me. The last three days were heaven for me. Even though he is doing the lion share of the work, I'm getting more and more involved.

On the difficult things like replacing a wheel bearing, I'm just handing him the tools like a nurse to a surgeon, but to correct the propellor steering wheel angle (that I put on wrongly in the first place), he let me do everything, and he only helped me when the hub did not come off the shaft (one little tap of the hammer in the correct place did do the trick).

Tom is truly a magician.........
        Rijk

Comment

• It's good to have handy friends!
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• So this is why we haven't spoken on the phone yet this week, you are too busy

Getting new bearings, fitting the periscope mirror (), fixing the leak in the cooling system, creating an upgrade for the exhaust system, cleaning the engine bay. Sounds good!!!!

Comment

• ... yep! I see your Spyker #107 is a true lady: getting pedicure, manicure and anti-aging remedy.

Comment

• image_8986.jpg A very nice picture with the "old" drivingmirror...

Comment

• The last few months, I've been traveling a lot more than what I normally do. This has eaten in my weekends, and cut driving time dramatically. But yesterday Tom and I went to a small local car show and had a great time.

Usually, the smaller car shows are so much nicer, because there are no snobby people. Most people do not know what a Spyker is, and have a thousand questions. When you say, go ahead, sit in it, you get very big smiles
                  Rijk

Comment

• Any pictures to share with us?

Comment

• image_10118.jpg I hurt my splitter
                      Rijk

Comment

• image_10119.jpg I was trying to get a new splitter, and Chris Mora and Jason from Blue Grass Spyker have located one. However, it would not be here on time for the AutoWeek photo shoot.

So, Tom got mine back into a representable shape. If you are not up close, it is impossible to see.
                        Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                          I hurt my splitter
                          What happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                            So, Tom got mine back into a representable shape. If you are not up close, it is impossible to see.
                            Nice work by Tom (as usual). I miss #107 though

Comment

• ... looks kind of familiar to me! I do that on parking lots... , collect several and then fix it... but you knew that already!

Comment

• image_10161.jpg image_10162.jpg No spectacular fall this year. Coloring has started, but too many leafs have fallen already. But we'll take any dry day in the rain soaked NE
                                Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2024, 16:13.
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X