• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 F1 season

Nice video showing rule changes..

Transforming Formula One: 2014 Rules Explained (Full Version) - YouTube
    Rijk

First qualifying gave some surprising results. Let's hope for an exiting race. A totally new engine, so chances are we may have some reliability issues.

Comment

A little sound comparison. 2014 V8 engine versus 2013 powerplant.

+ YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Are we sure it is not the microphone settings? I did hear some test bank sound tracks, and it didn't sound this bad
        Rijk

Comment

Another one. Sound and speed difference next to each other

+ YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Even Bernie Ecclestone admits he hates the lack of sound in F1

article: F1: Bernie Ecclestone admits to being 'horrified' by quiet engines on new F1 cars - Motor Racing - Sport - The Independent

Comment

I think the sound is fine. The noise in the in car shots on TV reminded me of riding a road Ducati which isn't that bad. If F1 is becoming greener with turbo hybrid technology then it's consistent that the noise should reduce too. Everybody seems to have got used to the Audis at Le Mans and now it's the non-diesel LMP cars that sound odd to me.

I love the sound of the Spyker because it is real, but hate the idea of manufactured sound that is appearing in mclarens and maseratis.

Comment

... nice post by a Russian girl. A fan of Kimi Raikkonen, obviously. Uploaded today. Notice the Spyker!!! (source)
                Attached Files

Comment

Max had some video from a friend that was in Monaco today. The noise is still very loud, it is just not that high pitched. I'm ok with that....
                  Rijk

Comment

Never mind the sound, I enjoy the racing
                    Rijk

Comment

Working...
                    X