My toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiona View Post
    Unfortunately that car is double booked on the 10th so is not available to me.
    I have a couple of other offers of quick cars for the drive up there though, just need to pick one. I do have some lovely friends

You can have a passenger ride in the Atom round the Top Gear track if you like though. Just come along here on sunday 16th May:

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...ity-event.html
    Thanks, I'd love to .. but I also have a life to live here in France

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMorgan View Post
      Thanks, I'd love to .. but I also have a life to live here in France
      Oh, come on now, that's no excuse, it's just a quick hop across the channel

Comment

What Bugatti? Are you still bringing your Spyker to the Dad's Day Out event at the Top Gear track next month amzamz?
        Yes, your event is still on my list, Fiona. And if the Iceland volcano keeps spitting like hell, I will even reduce my business trip (flight) activity and use my Spyker more and more... .

p.s. the Bugatti is on my avatar... and it is getting its gearbox and its petrol tank restored... I'll tell you when I am ready.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by amzamz; 16-04-2010, 23:21.

Comment

Looks like a T35B to me....around 1929?

Comment

...correct!

Comment

Love that pic, amzamz.

Sorry I am missing this factory trip, guys and gals. I will be there in spirit!
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Fiona,

Fantastic toy collection you've got there . I really like the Baja Beetle and the fact that you've done a world tour with it. That sounds like a "once in a lifetime adventure". I'm looking forward to meeting you and maybe hear some world adventure stories .
                ______

Mel

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Bonkers View Post

That sounds like a "once in a lifetime adventure" .
                  That was my third "once in a lifetime adventure" and won't be the last

Comment

That was my third "once in a lifetime adventure" and won't be the last
                    So at least one of them was with the Baja Beetle and one of them was with the Mini on the photo you posted earlier? What was your ride for the third world tour? Big respect by the way for doing three world tours!!!!!
                    ______

Mel

Comment

No, the Mini wasn't mine, that was someone else on the same rally...it was just perfect for the photo though - tiny car in such a vast landscape!

Dec 06/jan 07 - Uk to Gambia in a 1972 standard Beetle (bought for £100, hadn't run for 15 years!)

August 2007 - Uk to Mongolia in a Nissan Micra(someone elses)

and then July - October 2009 - Uk to Australia in a 1969 Baja Beetle

The first Beetle to mount Everest or even to enter Tibet (according to the Nepal Beetle owners club)

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Fiona, you give new meaning to the term "Road Trip." Simply awesome. I am not worthy!

Comment

Nope, not kidding, I do like my road trips

I think I'm going to do another run to the Sahara desert next winter and then plans for the future may include the pan-american highway or a circuit of south America or the length of Africa. I'm limited on how much time I can take off from my day job though so I'm not sure when I'll be able to do the longer trips.

I also really ought to learn some basic mechanics too!!

Comment

Oh but first is my little drive to the Netherlands for the factory tour and then in June I'm doing Denmark, Norway and Sweden with these guys.....
                            Petrolhead Nirvana - The Viking Tour goes in search of Trolls

Comment

Looks like a fabulous trip through Scandinavia

Comment

Trollstigen is the best!

... oh yes! Trollstigen! That's my favourite. Have a look here. Make sure you do Trollstigen at the very early morning or before sunset. There is an awful lot of tourists in slow motion up and down the narrow road during the day. Mostly camper vans and coaches! During the day, you will not make the Trollstigen in 5 minutes!... Do it 3x or 5x !

For more impressions with a C8 in Scandinavia, see here. Was great fun, but I would never do it in a group. My "no roof policy"(*) makes this impossible for a Nordic country!

_____
                                (*) "no roof policy" means, I have driven 75,000km without roof to date. I will not give up so early! I want to reach 400,000km with no roof on!
                                Last edited by amzamz; 27-08-2010, 13:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X