Design Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
    I was wrong. The socket is in the car after all. It's that "thing" attached to the suspension bracket, above the toolbox. Now I still need to have an torque arm made (maybe the one I have from the Daytona can be adapted).
    Rijk,

The visit to the Spyker factory at least solved this problem :lol:
    ______

Mel

Comment

I thought that it was some reservoir for the suspension system. This tells you how much I know about cars.
      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
        This tells you how much I know about cars.
        As Victor would say: Spyker owners have their own mechanics for that

Comment

And I have the best one.......
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
            As Victor would say: Spyker owners have their own mechanics for that
            Rijk, now there's your solution :lol:
            ______

Mel

Comment

I can tell you exactly what the deal is here guys...

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
              And an additional question: when it actually is a single wheel nut which I expect it is, how on earth can you release it? Does the Spyker have a tool on board to release the wheel nut?

This is my first post to this site but I hope to be a resource to all of you owners. Not as a reason to brag but as a way to telling you that I may have some credibility here... I am on my third Spyker C8 Spyder. I will save the stories as to "why?" for another post but I will offer this to you. This nut is something that is not to be taken lightly. My first C8 came with one wheel out of balance. I live in Phoenix and there wasn't a single place that had a torque wrench that could tighten it to factory specs in the state. I worked with Spyker to order one from Snap on. You see, I was going to be racing this car so I needed a way to get these wheels off and on. They need to be torqued down to 600+ pounds of torque. Good times!

Dan

Comment

Dan,

Email sent (got your name wrong)
                Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                  This is my first post to this site but I hope to be a resource to all of you owners. Not as a reason to brag but as a way to telling you that I may have some credibility here... I am on my third Spyker C8 Spyder. I will save the stories as to "why?" for another post but I will offer this to you. This nut is something that is not to be taken lightly. My first C8 came with one wheel out of balance. I live in Phoenix and there wasn't a single place that had a torque wrench that could tighten it to factory specs in the state. I worked with Spyker to order one from Snap on. You see, I was going to be racing this car so I needed a way to get these wheels off and on. They need to be torqued down to 600+ pounds of torque. Good times!

Dan
                  Hello Dan - glad you got the nut sorted

Comment

Working...
                  X