No announcement yet.

Spyker sportscars (brand) sold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to better understand why a sale was necessary.
    The problem was (or is) that the Spyker business still requires more money, and the return on an investment is smaller compared to an investment in Saab.

and for me; no servicepoint anymore in the Netherlands I think
    Let's hope Zeewolde won't disappear. Luckily Sander van Dijk tweeted that many activities will remain in the Netherlands.

... what I am really interested in, is the future plan for Spyker (sportscars)!
    Me too! Hopefully they'll show us some of their future plans.

This made me optimistic (from the press release):
    We have well-developed plans to expand the product range further, and the future for the Spyker brand is incredibly exciting.”
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Wow. What news to read this morning. After a year of almost no activity, finally signs of new cars on the way, and now this. Though it might be the right business decision, it must have been heart-wrenching to Victor to sell off a brand he created from essentially nothing.

All you owners, treasure your XL9 cars...

Comment

This is good news now the Russians will have something else to drive in the next Bond film.
        Now we know why the Russian Spy Girl was living in New York City with #2 at Spyker Rijk I mean living in the same city not living with Rijk, this is how rumors start! Its all-ways Cars and Girls...
        Attached Files

Comment

The story is now on Pistonheads
          PistonHeads Headlines - Coventry Company Buys Out Spyker

I'm gradually coming round to this idea. My favourite car, which is built in the UK anyway, just became even more British.

The more I think about it, the more I think it will be a good move for the company. Britain has an excellent pedigree when it comes to sports cars, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Bentley, Lotus, TVR, Caterham, Westfield, Ultima, Radical, not forgetting Sebring, the makers of my car At the factory tour in Holland last year it was mentioned that, generally speaking of course, the Dutch are not fans of ostentatious supercars. The receptionist of the hotel I stayed in had never heard of Spyker, even though it was very close to Zeewolde! This just wouldn't happen in Britain. We are passionate about and loyal to our brands. There is so much motoring heritage here, an abundance of race circuits, test tracks etc. There most be a reason why so many of the worlds Formula One teams are based here. We also play host to some of the best motoring events in the world, there are plenty of car shows around the world where you can view production cars and prototypes of high end cars but not many where you can actually see them in action. The Goodwood Festival of Speed attracts visitors from all over the world and is a sell out every year.....and yes, I saw Hans Van Rennes driving the orange Aileron there last year.

So yes, I think it will give sales a boost and ensure the future of the company. The only downside for me is that I like to be different, I like to drive a car that makes people say "Wow, what's that?" and I can't help thinking that this move will make Spykers known to more people. Good news for the company, bad news if you're an eccentric car lover who likes to be different. Not a problem for me right now as I don't own one yet......but I will!

I can understand how disappointing this is to Dutch owners. I wouldn't be happy if Sebring announced they were moving the production of my car abroad but it's a good excuse for a road trip isn't it? I drove to Holland for the factory visit last year, now it's your turn to come here
          Last edited by fiona; 24-02-2011, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by panoz1 View Post
            This is good news now the Russians will have something else to drive in the next Bond film.
            Now we know why the Russian Spy Girl was living in New York City with #2 at Spyker Rijk I mean living in the same city not living with Rijk, this is how rumors start! Its all-ways Cars and Girls...
            No, no, no, forget the Russian connection.....the car is now British, albeit with Dutch Heritage and a Russian owner. The villains car always gets blown up or goes off a cliff, Bond should be driving the Spyker

Comment

This doesn't come as a surprise to me. This was already in the Half Year results:

As a security for the lendors of Tenaci an option over Spyker Cars N.V’s assets has been granted by Spyker Cars N.V. If Tenaci has not paid at least € 31 million of the (direct and indirect) loans from its lendors on or before 31 December 2010, Danforth Ventures Inc. (“Danforth”) has the right to acquire all of the assets (and no liabilities) of Spyker Cars N.V. and its subsidiaries pertaining to the Spyker business, as carried on before the acquisition of Saab (excluding the shares in the subsidiaries of Spyker Cars N.V. and the shares in Saab), for € 31 million. Danforth has granted an extension until the end of April 2011, in order to allow Spyker Cars N.V. to pay the € 31 million. Additionally Spyker Cars N.V. has agreed a negative and positive pledge undertaking vis-à-vis Tenaci’s lendors until all loans have been repaid by Tenaci.
              http://www.spykercars.nl/download/in...27-08-2010.pdf

Spyker Cars NV can't repay they's loan to Danforth/Antonov so they have to give up Spyker Automobielen BV. And CPP only gets the assets and not the liabilities.

Comment

It looks almost as if the economic realities are unchanged. VM is still on the board, the founder, dreamer and enthusiast. The Russian financier is still holding the purse . . .

Perhaps things have just clarified a bit.
                With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

.. a few interesting thoughts over here... have a look! Take it as a joke!

The Hypno-Toad (4,605 posts, 47 months) 13:52

HowMuchLonger said:
                  So Spyker buy Saab, then sell Spyker. What was the point in buying Saab then?

The leading management of Spyker buy Saab for 2p and then borrow huge amounts of money from the banks and the EU to keep it going.

The leading management of Spyker then pay themselves massive wages out of the money they've got from the banks/EU while actually investing very little in the product, the plant or the marketing.

The leading management of Spyker then sell the only tangible asset they have in order to ring fence any capital for themselves before....

Saab come crashing down, leaving massive debts and hundreds of people out of work, while the EU tax-payers and the banks shareholders pick up the tab. (How many new shape 9-5s have you actually seen on the road?)

Leaving the leading management of Spyker to say "Sorry everyone," before riding off into the sunset secure in the knowledge that they'll never have to work again while everyone else who spent their lives working for a once proud brand is left penniless, unemployed and wondering how they are going to put food on the table.

Its called Doing A Rover.

And now here's Tom with the weather... How's it looking, Tom?
                  Last edited by amzamz; 24-02-2011, 18:56.

Comment

Some interesting bits that have appeared in different news platforms:

Here in Dagens Industri:
                    Vladimir Antonov still wants to be a shareholder of Saab and he says he will become one eventually. As long as GM is a shareholder he can't be. He also says he became owner of Spyker via CPP global ltd because Spyker need the money now. "Without additional money the sportscar maker would die. That's why we need to split the company."

Victor, also in dagens industri, says it will be easier for the Spyker business to attract new funds when it's in a separate company. Saab and Spyker will continue to work together and some Saab dealers will continue to carry the Spyker brand. When asked if he feels sorry because of the sale he replies: 'No not at all. I believe Spyker will do better in this new structure and I will continue to be involved in the business and see the fruits of my labour."

To RTL Victor said that the Dutch employees won't be harmed by this decision.

This leads me to think that this is more of a soft divorce and a way to attract money for Spyker, and secure a future for both Spyker and Saab.

Comment

... the news about Spyker again circumnavigate the globe!!! That is great!

Spyker 목요일은 자사의 스포츠 자동차 부문 협상을 발표했다. 판매 마르크에 따르면 GM은 그룹에서 작년에 구입했다 사브,보다 효율적으로 관리에 집중할 수 있습니다. "Spyker 큰 연못에 작은 물고기입니다. 이 회사는 있지만, 추가 금액을 필요 시장은 새로운 주식을 시작하고 주주들은 우리가 그것을 폐기하기로 결정, 그래서 나쁜 결정을 보였 희석, "CEO는 빅터 뮬러는 회의에서 밝혔다. Spyker는, 끈기 캐피탈 이어진 도서 조회수 채권자에게 회사의 주식 17,000,000 가치를 변환하는 계약을 체결하면, 9 월 2010 7천4백만유로의 부채를 실었다. 이 회사는 코벤 트리 계층 통화당 글로벌 홀딩스 주식 회사는 15 만명 지적 재산권 및 Spyker의 상표를 포함하여이 그림을 초기 값을 지불하게됩니다.

أعلن فريق سبايكر يوم الخميس انها تتفاوض شعبة السيارات الرياضية. وفقا للاحتفال بيع هو التركيز على تحسين إدارة صعب، والتي تم شراؤها العام الماضي من مجموعة جنرال موتورز. "سبايكر هو سمكة صغيرة في بركة كبيرة. الشركة ستحتاج إلى أموال إضافية، ولكن إطلاق سوق أسهم جديدة وتخفيف المساهمين يبدو قرارا سيئا، لذلك قررنا أن تجاهل ذلك "، قال الرئيس التنفيذي لشركة فيكتور مولر في المؤتمر. نفذت سبايكر دين € 74000000 بحلول أيلول / سبتمبر 2010 ، عندما وقعت اتفاقا لتحويل بقيمة 17000000 سهم في الشركة لدائن، مثابرة بي كابيتال. وسيكون حزب الشعب الكمبودي طبقة كوفنتري الشركة العالمية القابضة المحدودة دفع القيمة الأولية 15 مليون، هذا الرقم بما في ذلك الملكية الفكرية والعلامات التجارية من سبايكر.

Spyker ประกาศในวันพฤหัสบดีที่มันเป็นรถของการเจรจาหมว ดกีฬา ตามเครื่องหมายการขายคือการมุ่งเน้นในการจัดการที่ดี ขึ้นของ Saab ซึ่งถูกซื้อเมื่อปีที่แล้วจากกลุ่มจีเอ็ม "Spyker เป็นปลาเล็กปลาน้อยในบ่อใหญ่ บริษัท จะต้องมีเงินเพิ่มเติม แต่ตลาดเปิดหุ้นใหม่และเจือจางดูเหมือนการตัดสินใจขอ งผู้ถือหุ้นที่ไม่ดีดังนั้นเราจึงตัดสินใจที่จะทิ้งม ัน"ซีอีโอของวิคเตอร์ Muller กล่าวว่าในการประชุม Spyker ดำเนินหนี้ของ€ 74,000,000 เดือนกันยายน 2010, เมื่อลงนามในสัญญาการแปลงมูลค่า 17 ล้านหุ้นใน บริษัท ไปยังเจ้าหนี้, ความดื้อรั้น BV ทุน โคเวนทรี บริษัท ชั้น CPP Global โฮลดิ้ง จำกัด จะจ่ายค่าเริ่มต้นจาก 15 ล้านบาทคิดรวมทั้งทรัพย์สินทางปัญญาและเครื่องหมายกา รค้าของ Spyker นี้

Spyker ilmoitti torstaina se neuvottelee urheiluauto jako. Mukaan merkki myynti on keskittyä paremmin hallintaan Saab, joka osti viime vuonna GM-yhtymä. "Spyker on pieni kala isossa lammikossa. Yhtiö tarvitsee lisärahoitusta, mutta markkinat käynnistää uusia osakkeita ja laimenna osakkeenomistajien tuntui huono päätös, joten päätimme hylätä sen ", sanoi toimitusjohtaja Victor Muller, konferenssissa. Spyker tehnyt velkaa 74 miljoonaa euroa syyskuussa 2010, jolloin se allekirjoitti sopimuksen muuntaa 17000000 arvosta osakkeita yhtiön velkoja, sitkeyttä Capital BV. Yhtiö Coventry kerros CPP Global Holdings Oy maksaa alkuarvo 15 miljoonaa, tämä luku henkinen omaisuus mukaan lukien ja tavaramerkkejä Spyker.

Spyker հայտարարել է հինգշաբթի օրը, որ բանակցություններ է վարում իր սպորտային մեքենան բաժանումը. Ըստ նշելու վաճառքի է ուշադրություն դարձնել ավելի լավ կառավարման Saab, որը գնել է անցյալ տարվա ընթացքում այն գրոսմայստեր խումբ. «Spyker է մանր ձկներ է մեծ ջրավազանում. Ընկերությունը, որ անհրաժեշտ է լրացուցիչ միջոցներ, բայց շուկան սկսել նոր բաժնետոմսերի եւ ջրիկացած բաժնետերերի թվաց վատ որոշում, ուստի մենք որոշեցինք հրաժարվել դրանից », հայտարարել է ընկերության գլխավոր տնօրեն Վիկտոր Մյուլլեր է, ասուլիս. Spyker իրականացվում է պարտքը 74 միլիոն եվրո է Սեպտեմբեր 2010 ին, երբ այն ստորագրվել է համաձայնագիր փոխանակելու 17 մլն արժողությամբ Ընկերության բաժնետոմսերի մի պարտատերից, կպչունություն Capital BV. Ընկերության Մեծահասակների շերտի CPP Գլոբալ Հոլդինգս »ՍՊԸ կայցելի
                      նախնական արժեքը 15 մլն, այս ցուցանիշը ներառյալ մտավոր սեփականության եւ ապրանքանիշեր: Spyker.

Spyker הודיעה ביום חמישי זה משא ומתן חטיבת הספורט שלה במכונית. לדברי מארק המכירה הוא להתמקד בניהול טוב יותר של סאאב, אשר נרכשה בשנה שעברה מקבוצת ג 'נרל מוטורס. "Spyker הוא דג קטן בבריכה גדולה. החברה תצטרך כספים נוספים, אך בשוק ההשקה מניות חדשות לדלל בעלי המניות נראה החלטה גרועה, ולכן החלטנו לבטל את זה, "אמר מנכ"ל ויקטור מולר, בכנס. Spyker נשא חוב של 74,000,000 € ידי בספטמבר 2010, כאשר חתמה על הסכם להמיר 17000000 שווה של מניות החברה לנושה, עקשנות ההון BV. החברה שכבת קובנטרי CPP גלובל הולדינגס בע"מ ישלם את הערך הראשוני של 15 מיליון דולר, נתון זה כולל קניין רוחני, סימנים מסחריים של Spyker.

Spyker объявила в четверг, что ведет переговоры о спортивных автомобилей дивизии. По словам Марка продажи является концентрация внимания на более эффективное управление Saab, который был приобретен в прошлом году из группы GM. "Spyker это рыбка в большом пруду. компании потребуются дополнительные средства, но на рынок новые акции и разбавленных акционеров казалось плохое решение, поэтому мы решили отказаться от этого ", сказал генеральный директор Виктор Мюллер, в зале. Spyker осуществляется долг в 74 млн. евро в сентябре 2010 года, когда было подписано соглашение, чтобы преобразовать 17 миллионов долларов акций в компании, чтобы кредитор, упорство Capital BV. Компания Ковентри слоя CPP Global Holdings Ltd будет платить начальное значение 15 миллионов, эта цифра, включая интеллектуальную собственность и торговые марки Spyker.

世爵週四宣布它是談判中跑車部門。據馬克的銷售是把重點放在更好地管理薩博,這是去年買的,從 轉基因組。 “世爵是一個小的魚在一個大池塘。該公司需要額外資金,但市場推出新的股票,稀釋股東似乎是一個錯誤的決定 ,所以我們決定放棄它,“首席執行官維克多穆勒說,在會議。世爵攜帶的債務七千四百點○萬歐元2010年9 月,簽署了一項協議時,轉換價值1700萬的股份公司債權人,堅韌資本BV公司。該公司考文垂層柬埔寨人民 黨環球控股有限公司將支付的初始值1500萬美元,這個數字包括知識產權和商標權的世爵。

:lol::lol::lol:

Comment

... didn't want to "kill" this thread! I am simply in a good mood... Hmm...

Who is that next to Brendan O'Toole (center) and Victor Muller (right)?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not drinking the koolaid. We can spin it any way we choose, but when something doesn't feel quite right it's usually not.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                            .. a few interesting thoughts over here... have a look! Take it as a joke!
                            My favourite was the person on there who suggested that Spykers would be claimed as totally British and re-badged as Austin Healeys

Did you notice though, whatever opinions people have on the move, not one person has had anything negative to say about the cars. Loads of people saying how gorgeous they are and how great that we should be seeing more on the road here now

Comment

You all have missed the obvious rationale here: this transaction was designed for the sole purpose of driving web traffic to SpykerOwner.com! :lol:
                              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                                You all have missed the obvious rationale here: this transaction was designed for the sole purpose of driving web traffic to SpykerOwner.com! :lol:
                                :lol::lol: Let's see if it worked: can we see the stats SpykerOwner?

On a more serious note: this quote from this article in the financial Times pretty much sums it up:

“If it is successful and profitable, we will share our profits with Spyker NV,” Mr Antonov said.

He said that his company would begin building Spyker’s new C8 sports car in Coventry within the next few weeks. The company will also produce a sports-utility vehicle, he said. Spyker said that it planned to change its name soon, and that the sale would allow it to reduce debt and improve operating results at Saab.

Comment

Working...
                                X