our ancestor's prides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our ancestor's prides

... this thread is meant to show, what your fathers and grandfathers were proud of! Let me make a start... my ex-father-in-law (Switzerland, 1950s) and my father (Mexico, 1955). I have actually no clue what those vehicles are... Help me!
    Attached Files

Like the idea of this thread Amzamz. The one on the left looks like a FIAT, I think a (~Oct 1953) 1100/103 TV (Turismo Veloce version)
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Do you have any info on the car on the right? Seems to be an American car..?
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

GREAT thread idea! Dad had some pretty cool machinery, which of course would be pretty valuable today if he still had them. Which is the reason I am reluctant to sell any of mine!

I'll need some time to scan those old photos into digital, but you'll like them! Stay tuned...

Comment

My father with his Jaguar Mk VII. I haven't found a good one to buy for myself but the XK120 I have has the same engine, and i remember sliding around on the rear red leather seat which I must say happens a lot in the XK too.
          Attached Files

Comment

I love these photos! What a great topic. I'll go dig and see what I can find!
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

... continuation! Again, my father during his time in France. Could have been a Renault. It must have been an old car then! ... and also in Italy, with what I believe was a Hillman Minx.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X