No announcement yet.

#036 - C8 Spyder - Black / Goodwood Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone else is driving my car! This is the one I've had my eye on at Supervettura, has someone bought it?

And what's with the vulgar stickers! That car needs me!
    Last edited by F Spider; 14-03-2023, 00:54.

Comment

Fiona, I don't know if you're familiar with the event 'gumball 3000' ?
      But that's why that car has those stickers. It's participating the gumball 3000
      Olav

Instagram
      https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Originally posted by fiona View Post
        has someone bought it?
        Yep, It's sold.
        Last edited by F Spider; 30-07-2022, 16:18.
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by Aiglos91 View Post
          Fiona, I don't know if you're familiar with the event 'gumball 3000' ?
          But that's why that car has those stickers. It's participating the gumball 3000

Haha, yes, I am very familiar with the event, I live in London. 40,000 to spend 10 days driving as fast as you can between hotels with a load of jumped up psuedo celebs trying to get their pictures in the paper. I can't say it appeals, although if Maximillion Cooper would like to pay me an obscene amount to film the event then I wouldn't say no. I do have friends who've taken part and enjoyed it but they didn't feel they were getting value for money. It was just to say "I've done the Gumball" and I still say the stickers look vulgar on the Spyker.

I suppose I'm bias as a friend runs a driving tour company Petrolhead Nirvana | Driving Tours and Events Powered by Passion Our 10 day tour to Norway cost just over 2,000 per person. That's the most expensive tour PN offer because Norway is expensive and so is getting there from the UK. That's 4,000 per car compared to the Gumballs 40,000. I just fail to see what makes it worth 36,000 more. That just seems obscene to me, I only spent 10,000 driving for 3 months UK to Singapore with 40,000 I could have spent a year driving round the world!

NB: prices are in pounds sterling (Hans for some reason the forum replaces the pound symbol with this £ )

Gutted my car has been sold, to be fair it'll probably be about 5 years before I can afford it though and maybe it'll be for sale again by then (cheaper with a bit of luck )
          Last edited by F Spider; 30-07-2022, 16:17.

Comment

Haha, ok. I was already wondering if you meant that you didn't knew Gumball 3000 :P.
            Yes, 40k is a lot of money, but I think it's just the idea of participating the Gumball 3000. To be honest, if I'd had the money, I would also drive the Gumball 3000 once. It's just something I want to do in my life if I have the opportunity.
            Olav

Instagram

Comment

Two more pics I found

Olav

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Aiglos91 View Post
                Haha, ok. I was already wondering if you meant that you didn't knew Gumball 3000 :P.
                Yes, 40k is a lot of money, but I think it's just the idea of participating the Gumball 3000. To be honest, if I'd had the money, I would also drive the Gumball 3000 once. It's just something I want to do in my life if I have the opportunity.
                If I had 40k to spare I'd buy this

LAMBORGHINI DIABLO 2WD clim/air

or if I couldn't haggle the last 5k off the price then this:

TARGET CARS BV : Ferrari 360 Spider F1 Cabrio RHD

....then I would organise my own rally

Comment

I think this year's entry price was closer to 25k pounds. Still a lot of money when your car gets to look like that (with all the livery). I think vulgar is indeed the right word.

Comment

#036 making some noise:

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

More:

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Comment

For most people, how to start a Spyker remains a mystery :lol:

+ YouTube Video

Comment

#036's new owner is a guy called Elo. He is the owner of the London Motor museum. Quite a collection

+ YouTube Video
                          Last edited by IVR007; 01-06-2011, 08:30.

Comment

Is Elo on the site? I know him from the 2009 Gumball 3000 Santa Monica - Miami. He drove an SSC Ultimate Aero (No. 1 of that brand, I believe).
                            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                              He drove an SSC Ultimate Aero (No. 1 of that brand, I believe).
                              You are correct.
                              Last edited by F Spider; 30-07-2022, 16:16.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                                #036's new owner is a guy called Elo. He is the owner of the London Motor museum. Quite a collection
                                I had no idea London had a motor museum (apart from the one in covent garden which is buses and stuff) What's more this is only a few miles from me, I may have to pay Elo and #36 a visit....I will of course post photos.
                                Last edited by F Spider; 30-07-2022, 16:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X