Official Spyker Owner Forum

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Spyker Discussion

Old 11-11-2015, 15:36
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
Hi Artem - The line was probably a dozen deep before you ever joined the forum.

I don't wish to start a kerfuffle but wspeer can do whatever he likes. However it turns out, it'll be nice to see another Spyker properly adorned. :^)
You're right friend, he can do whatever he likes of course. If you noticed, in the end of my line referring to me being the first in line I put a smile, or even a few of them. That is supposed to mean irony in a way.

Have you heard an expression: То cook a hare before catching him ? Let's not do that

And yet I have to admit, this came up in my thread, therefore ignore everything written above, the wheel is mine lol

Old 11-11-2015, 18:16
Spyker Owner #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_o_w View Post
You're right friend, he can do whatever he likes of course. If you noticed, in the end of my line referring to me being the first in line I put a smile, or even a few of them. That is supposed to mean irony in a way.

Have you heard an expression: То cook a hare before catching him ? Let's not do that

And yet I have to admit, this came up in my thread, therefore ignore everything written above, the wheel is mine lol

Hahah, nicely played! No worries, I'm not too fussed about it.

Maybe wspeer should stage a "dueling pistols at high noon" sort of show-down. Or a haiku writing competition perhaps?
Old 11-11-2015, 18:52
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
Hahah, nicely played! No worries, I'm not too fussed about it.

Maybe wspeer should stage a "dueling pistols at high noon" sort of show-down. Or a haiku writing competition perhaps?
A haiku writing competition seems like an elegant solution to me! At least it suggest a victory of intellect over brute force (the dueling pistols option) haha )) Anything would work as long as it is not a mortal combat kind of thing scenario )))

Meanwhile, let's not take chances and find the best available 3D printer
Old 11-11-2015, 23:38
Spyker Owner #152

Im wondering when the day in the future will arrive were a wheel/hub combo is a better investment than the car itself
Old 12-11-2015, 04:58
Spyker Owner #045

... there will be replicas! Are the original ones having the chassis number engraved? How will we, in the future, be able to distinguish between the original and the replica? On classic cars you pay a lot more for "matching numbers".
Old 12-11-2015, 12:59
Spyker Enthusiast

I don't think that a chassis number is engraved What is the wheel itself made of exactly?
Old 13-11-2015, 03:38
Spyker Enthusiast

The Hub is what I would guess is a aluminum/alloy material. I am guessing it was milled and finished.

The wheel is pretty neatly made. It also appears to be aluminum/alloy, however it is not light weight, so I am not sure what the actual wheel is made of. I would also guess it is milled. Then leather wrapped in an odd manner, with different over lapping styles. It then has metal caps.

Not the hardest thing to create, but by no means easy.
Old 13-11-2015, 14:54
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspeer View Post
The Hub is what I would guess is a aluminum/alloy material. I am guessing it was milled and finished.

The wheel is pretty neatly made. It also appears to be aluminum/alloy, however it is not light weight, so I am not sure what the actual wheel is made of. I would also guess it is milled. Then leather wrapped in an odd manner, with different over lapping styles. It then has metal caps.

I see. Thank you for this update. I thought of something like this.

P.S. - pls, reply to my PM. thanks!
Old 16-11-2015, 02:57
Past #107 #207 Future #307

The hub is milled aluminum, the steering wheel is actually sand-casted aluminum.

Old 16-11-2015, 15:02
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspeer View Post

My friend, really looking forward to hear from you in PM. Thank you.