X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse lock out

Is there an adjustment?

Mine can go easily into reverse

That is not good ! There should be a solenoid that prevents going into reverse. Probably broken ?

Comment

...It's funny- The door solenoid also went after the dealer changer the battery few days ago- Maybe caused an issue.

Comment

In my opinion there are 4 things possible.

1) someone push so hard (without pushing the reverse button) that the mechanism is broken/out of alligment and therefor you can access reverse while not pushing the button.

2) the solenoid of the reverse is broken or permanently actuated and stuck in open position (which is unusual to be stuck in that position).

3) combination of 1 and 2 ; solenoid broken and mechanism broken/out of alligment.

4) the alligment of your shift cables are so out of alligment that you can reach reverse

Comment

Lovely Jasper- That is very good info - thanks

Originally posted by Jasperdd View Post
          In my opinion there are 4 things possible.

1) someone push so hard (without pushing the reverse button) that the mechanism is broken/out of alligment and therefor you can access reverse while not pushing the button.

2) the solenoid of the reverse is broken or permanently actuated and stuck in open position (which is unusual to be stuck in that position).

3) combination of 1 and 2 ; solenoid broken and mechanism broken/out of alligment.

4) the alligment of your shift cables are so out of alligment that you can reach reverse

Comment

I would go for 1). I had this happen twice at the dealer....
            Somebody moved the car, not knowing about the reverse button an jammed it into reverse. After that I never took the car to the dealer again.

We (read Tom) had to re-adjust the cables, to get it back in working condition.

Make sure you have the right battery. The original size doesn't exist any more. If they still had an original battery, that one is too old to be effective. The bracket needs to be adjusted to take the smaller battery. If that dealer didn't do that your battery is free-floating. If it is not on your bill, he didn't do that....
            Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
              I would go for 1). I had this happen twice at the dealer....
              Somebody moved the car, not knowing about the reverse button an jammed it into reverse. After that I never took the car to the dealer again.

We (read Tom) had to re-adjust the cables, to get it back in working condition.

Make sure you have the right battery. The original size doesn't exist any more. If they still had an original battery, that one is too old to be effective. The bracket needs to be adjusted to take the smaller battery. If that dealer didn't do that your battery is free-floating. If it is not on your bill, he didn't do that....
              When replacing a Spyker battery with a spec ‘B’ cabin air filter (reference Spyker Work Instruction WI.C8.09.018.07.01.01 as posted on the Forum), I couldn’t find a battery in the United States with the same amp hours as the original Spyker battery, but I did find one with the same size battery case dimensions. It is a Bosch S4569B-M814. It measures 278mm X 175mm X 175mm so no modifications to the vehicle are necessary. The Bosch S4007 also has the correct case dimensions but I couldn’t find it in the U.S.. In addition, an airplane pilot friend of mine from the Netherlands brought me a Varta E38 Silver Dynamic battery and it also has the correct dimensions and although he got it through security, it broke his carry-on suitcase in the process!
              Last edited by Scott Triplitt; 25-02-2020, 22:54.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Triplitt View Post
                When replacing a Spyker battery with a spec ‘B’ cabin air filter (reference Spyker Work Instruction WI.C8.09.018.07.01.01 as posted on the Forum), I couldn’t find a battery in the United States with the same amp hours as the original Spyker battery, but I did find one with the same size battery case dimensions. It is a Bosch S4569B-M814. It measures 278mm X 175mm X 175mm so no modifications to the vehicle are necessary. The Bosch S4007 also has the correct case dimensions but I couldn’t find it in the U.S.. In addition, an airplane pilot friend of mine from the Netherlands brought me a Varta E38 Silver Dynamic battery and it also has the correct dimensions and although he got it through security, it broke his carry-on suitcase in the process!
                I did try to get a lot of things through customs, but I never tried a battery
                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                X