No announcement yet.

Spyker Preliator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that the digital screen of the dash in the Aileron seems to have disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
      Interesting that the digital screen of the dash in the Aileron seems to have disappeared.
      Replaced by the HUD, I would think.
      Last edited by F Spider; 28-11-2023, 13:57.
      Rijk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16245.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	69332 ... will such lawnmower wings be allowed? Excellent to keep curious pedestrians away while you drive slowly in town. The same for rabbits and kangaroos when you're faster... :lol:.

A stunning feature to look at! But for the production model I expect it to have gone.

Comment

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...otor-show.html
          Rijk

Comment

Hello again fellas, been a long time...

In amongst all my Koenigsegg work and interest, when what to my surprise someone tells me about a new Spyker! This caught me completely off guard, to say the least it was unexpected after such a long silence.

Do we know the homologation plans for this? Meaning, will we get any in the U.S.? My guess is Spyker lacks the capital to embark on a U.S. certification plan at this time, but then surprises are abounding...

I'm trying to place the origin of the steering wheel, but failing miserably. Lotus, I'm guessing.

Comment

It's from a 1st series Lamborghini Gallardo. (and possibly other VAG products, don't know)

Comment

Still the same one? Funny, it looked a bit different to me. Like I said, I've been away a while. ;-)

Comment

The Preliator is coming to the New York Care show, the end of this month. So, count on it
                  Rijk

Comment

Name:	image_16246.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	69333 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16247.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	69334 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16248.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	69335 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16249.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	69336 Nice article about the Preliator in the Forbes:

2016 Spyker C8 Preliator, Inspired By Electric Airplanes, Unveiled in Geneva

Its a slam-dunk on first sight, this Preliator. The eyes narrow, the breath quickens.

Name:	image_16246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	69333

Look at the wheel. Look at that shift. Look at the stitching, the care, the craft. In a world of pretenders and overhyped relaunches, here comes something worth driving, owning, treasuring.

Name:	image_16247.jpg
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	69334

Its got a 4.2 liter, 8-cylinder, supercharged engine courtesy of Audi, making 518 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque thatll blast you from 0-62 MPH in 3.7 seconds, with a top speed of 201. Its rear-wheel drive, mated to either a six-speed manual or available automatic.

Name:	image_16248.jpg
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	69335

Pricing starts at about $350,000. Good luck getting one, though there will be only 50 Spyker C8 Preliatorins in the world when the company is finished making them; the first was recently unveiled in Geneva.

Name:	image_16249.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	69336

Spykers launch is hard-won and well-deserved, coming a scant two years after the companys 2014 bankruptcy, partly a result of their well-intentioned but ultimately ruinous purchase of Saab in 2010 and other subsequent business blunders.

The interior is a true work of art, a tasteful, delightful arrangement of cow-stitching, space-age-looking controls and deliciously evil sports-car badassery.

Spyker emerged from their bankruptcy in partnership with Volta Volaré an American company focused on building electric airplanes. The cars been retooled inside and out with additional updated mechanical components, and a bit more streamlined, losing the propeller-ish aspects of the original C8 and the turbine motif of the Aileron, replaced by NACA ducts.

A big bowl of woah is the Spyker C8 Preliator, and a for-sure instant classic.
                    Last edited by F Spider; 28-11-2023, 13:56.

Comment

Love the new car. Cant wait to see it in person.

Comment

Full press conference and Preliator presentation (filmed by me):
                        + YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Cool that you were actually present

And a challenge for us: to make a picture in the future with two Preliators at a traffic light

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                            And a challenge for us: to make a picture in the future with two Preliators at a traffic light
                            ... chances have never been as good in the past 8 years! At least the Preliator is likely to have a driveable engine in it! Unlike the Aileron Spyder or the Venator!

Comment

Maybe a bit off-topic but I have a question you guys might have the answer to.
                              So I get that the Preliator is the replacement model for the effectively still-born Aileron, but do they still plan on making the B6 at any point? Or will the Preliator be the only car going forward?

Comment

There is more news coming soon....
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X